Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 87.

• Safe Place to Speak

ThunderShorts - - General Discussion

On a separate note… racism and the hard-r… and Antisemitism, discuss. I fully expected to have people come after me too for my handling of racism. I have adapted from my earlier ways (AP server had a ZERO tolerance policy), and despite my personal feelings, I have come to recognize that society (especially the subculture) has unfortunately made the retarded “hard-R” distinction, -a ok, hard-r not so much. Ok, I’ll play… but the hard-r is the line for me.When I hear someone dropping the hard-R re…

• Safe Place to Speak

ThunderShorts - - General Discussion

I know I can be long winded, so I’ll make this a shorter diatribe than usual , fuck it no I won’t, lol! By my reckoning, the issues started to slowly go sideways with accusations about heavy-handed admin action after the “Do not disrespect admins” rule was removed a while back (true “respect all admin decisions” is similar, but not the same). Hear me out, I am not for admins having absolute dominion over all players and all things without reservation, but when that rule changed, it emboldened th…

• Props and Teleports

ThunderShorts - - Suggestions

Cool, thanks Big Daddy!

• Props and Teleports

Several of us were talking tonight about this, and it's splitting hairs over nothing IMO. The logic is this: -- It is illegal to prop block a door, no questions asked. And a door is a point of ingress/egress. -- A teleport points origin and destination are also a point of ingress/egress. I give credit to MadMAx who summed it up best: "So it's just a wording issue... we just need to change the rule to state no prop-blocking any place of ingress/egress". Simple, drama over. As usual, the only peop…

• This one needs to ripen a bit more before I'd say yes. Not a bad player (as far as I know), but more maturity required for admin IMHO. -1 for now, but only for reasons mentioned. "TBD... Possibly worthy of future consideration, with some more proven time under his belt".

• Hustler SOC

ThunderShorts - - Denied Ban Request

Point taken on the feed, missed that. So I downloaded your video, and ran it through my own tools, and found the frames where the nade is clearly visible, and aimed at ground, not at you. The fact that your RPG shot took him down to 2-HP was not lost on me either... I'm calling this a solid 2 out of 3 of these vids show SOC. See still frame I grabbed and cropped from video: Considering the previous ban history of Hustler (multiple bans, last one was 1 month), in combination with this latest SOC …

• Hustler SOC

ThunderShorts - - Denied Ban Request

After reviewing all 3 of these, my view is 1st video he clearly twitches the rpg directly down in front of him and fires. On #2, it's not as clear as to whether it was intentional, or just a fuckup in the heat of battle. On vid #3 he does not produce an rpg at all, which is evident when he is killed... as the smg he was still holding falls to the ground. I do see the explosion in front of him, but can't tell if it's an smg nade launched by him, or an RPG round shot at him by 'Kill... the video d…

• You were caught out in a lockdown, and got shot. You jostled a cop, and got shot. This is a non-event in my view, at least by the terms of your own description. To be clear, I would have shot you both times as well as cop, lol. Lot's of hair splitting here IMO

• Next Map Poll

ThunderShorts - - News/Announcements

I just spent a while checking out the various versions of Abuse Me City with Duer (sorry I missed you guys earlier), and I heard that there were some opinions that perhaps one of the other versions were better. To be clear, having played on all of these back on AP, I can tell you the following: --> rp_abuseme_city = horrible lighting, unpolished, really a beta map that was quickly revised as this original lacked a decent VIP, had just a few houses. --> rp_abuseme_city_v2(x) better, but texture i…

• Confirmed, I saw this myself where the properties mentioned had all, or some props not linked to doors still when no keyholders were in server. I would suggest allowing a day or two to let owners get with their popping admins to fix this. After a couple of days, if no action, how about we just delete all the props in improperly linked properties? Other suggestions welcome, just seems like an easy fix... either fix it or lose them, and then make sure they are set up correctly next time. Is it pos…

• Ok, I went back and forth on this… and was going to post in Admin channel, but here is my response for all to see... warts and all. Grab a beer, it’s a long walk, lol. After reading all the chatter on bans, purported admin abuse, and toxic players, I have to admit, first I was drawn to the concept of a rule-based punishment server that eliminates the potential for uneven application of punishment/bans, etc. But I decided to not weigh in during the fray, and sleep on it before I responded (many p…

• Ideas for Deliveries

lol.. maybe the player is subjected to a whole 3 minutes of rambling about the 3 isotopes of hydrogen while you have low grav

• Yes, gather wood to make charcoal, combine it using a machine to make gunpowder, use gunpowder and metal (also gathered as ore and then refined in another process) to make bullets on a workbench... it goes on and on. Ark has a great system... very "grindy" game. You basically progress from wood to stone, then metal and eventually "tech" tiers complete with electronics.

• So you've reinvented Rust, or maybe Ark? lol

• I understand what you are describing, but imo this is one of those "spirit vs. letter of the law" sort of things. You are suggesting that if you have 3 picks, then each should be treated separately with their respective cooldowns allowed on a per-item basis. My opinion is that this defeats the spirit of the pick/hack item progression which I think was intended to allow for an upgrade path to entice players to grind for better tools... (driving the economy aspect of the game) which is why the ref…

• Lol to squatter idea. I would suggest a costly item to remove squatter key: "Squat-b-gone" spray, lol

• Yeah, this is an easy decision IMO, 'Kill's been here a good while, is even tempered, is a conscientious and mature player and has shown to be very active. Even when other players (or even naughty admins) have misbehaved, he takes the high road, and route's any grievances via proper channels, and due process. +1 for me. --Thunder

• Grubbsy ban appeal

ThunderShorts - - Denied Ban Appeals

I heard you say "it's worth a day ban"... I thought you were kidding (some of the others sounded hesitant) until I came back into server a few mins later and saw the server lag from prop/map collisions caused in train tunnel. And please do not encourage others to help you do this. I know there were others, but I stepped away and missed the details, so they get a pass. You get a day ban as you requested... enjoy. --Thunder

• How about rendering vmenuselect inoperative, and replace it with something that cannot be predicted or executed client-side by players. I think it was Mav or TF outlined that there was a way the other night when this came up as a topic of discussion in the server. Have to ask them about the specifics...

• True, but can they make you drop money while you're incarcerated? If so, that'd suck