Search Results

Search results 1-18 of 18.

• That's quite a story, Beef! In comparison I've lived a very vanilla life. Quote from Volar: “ I live with one other person but I only ever go home to shower, eat dinner and sleep. As soon as I wake up I'm back out of the house until late that evening. ” Where do you go for most of the day?

• Quote from Koala: “How about testing in the test server and forcing a bunch of crashes in the hope of catching it? ” Wasn't aware there was a staging server -- that'd be the best scenario. Log everything, get everyone on and cause it to break. Then do your post-mortem.

• Cave Johnson wrote: Quote from Cave Johnson: “It almost seems as if the SQL server isn't executing a query if the plugin crashes in between sending the query and receiving the response from the MySQL server. Almost like the query is being ignored or undone if the plugin doesn't listen to the response from MySQL because of a crash. Maybe Hooogan could give us some insight into this? Have I looked incorrectly at how MySQL is handled in this manner? Or could this be due to bad database configuratio…

• Full stack enterprise software dev here - 2 million rows is small. Shouldn't cause lag. If it does then something isn't configured or indexed correctly.

• printers rip off cash

Hooogan - - Server Bug Report Forum

Quote from Volar: “I have been spamming in chat each day while on that it has been Capped at 20,000. However the message flashes across the screen and isn't up for long. ” Ah, cool. I haven't been on in a week or so due to work and whatnot so I would have missed the messages! Quote from Volar: “ The second is to get players out of their house more often to encourage the danger level. That feeling you have when you have money and need to get it to the bank hopefully without dying. ” How's that wo…

• printers rip off cash

So when did the cap come in then? And what was the reason behind it... was it server/plugin performance related or for game balance? The only thrill I could see of busting 40 locks off a door would be in the hope of recouping more than what I spent, but if they are capped at 20k then anything over 25 locks is going to be a deterrent.

• printers rip off cash

Did Revolver Ocelot accidentally shoot them out?

• printers rip off cash

Printers are capped? Since when? I've had 30k+ in a printer before. I've also fallen victim to this bug, despite being aware of it. Lost about 15k. What hurt most was that earlier that day I had my printer stolen, so I ended up earning no money that day. Fun!

• To summarize my waffle more succinctly -- Should new players expect to be able to win bounties of holed up players? If so, then they current trend of decor makes it virtually impossible. Grenades and crossbows ain't cheap. The appeal of the Hitman job is the double bounty, but it's not a lucrative option to new players as winning a bounty is extremely tough. Maybe bounty chasing is only for cops and those with extra cash/weapons to inevitably vomit on the floor? Edit: What I'm trying to get at i…

• When I'm not jumping from the KFC menu to the roof, I'm usually off bounty hunting. Since I'm new to this server, I've come in at a time where I don't know anything -but- blacked out hideouts. So if this is a somewhat new phenomenon then I can't comment on "how it used to be" as I've nothing to compare it with. With that said... I generally enjoy negotiating the mazes, blacked out or otherwise. Although unsuccessfully. In fact, I can only recall one instance where I successfully collected a boun…

• Community Expansion

Hooogan - - News/Announcements

Just watched an introductory video of Moonshade RPG on CS:GO and it looks pretty good. Would definitely pilot the shit out of it if that's where you guys go.

• Community Expansion

Moonshade aside, is there prospect for new users? i.e. Assuming a percentage of the Moonshade guys did jump ship, would there enough interest for further growth? Does anyone here work in a market research capacity in real-life? Might be worth compiling some research along those lines, as opposed to "who likes/owns what games". Just need to avoid setting up a lemonade stand in a thirst-free environment.

• Community Expansion

As someone who has played a lot of CS:S over the past decade, I hate CS:GO. But I only hate it as a successor to CS:S. As an RP it might be bearable. My only concern is that CS:GO players might not be interested in RP. The little time that I sunk into the game I found the player base to be overly-serious pro-gaming wannabes. The "If we build it, they will come" paradigm might not be applicable. Whereas something like TF2 tends to pander to the more laid back, humourous user, so it might be easie…

• Server crash after head shot

Hooogan - - Roleplay HL2DM

One of the F keys takes a screenshot. I always forget which one so I just press them all. In an impromptu scenario this might not work but since the server had crashed I had time to press them all. I think its F5. Could be wrong.

I didn't crop anything so maybe the uptime text disappears when you die? Edit: spelling.

No idea.. someone else might remember though, there were a few of us on at the time. Edit: Wasn't trying to report this as a bug or anything.. just wanted to show off the cool picture that captured my demise.

Got a screenshot of Mr. Dolphin blowing my head off. That's a 1k gold bullion in mid flight. The server crashed just as he blew my brains out. Good stand off! index.php

• Jumping between a few games at the moment, in order of preference: - HL: DM - Cold Community -- Initially joined thiinking it was a standard DM server. Stayed for the exploding Christmas puddings. - Counter Strike Source - Saigns DM server (Militia ftw) - Any surf maps - Portal 1 / 2 - Currently replaying - Metal Gear Solid Phantom Pain (XBOX 360) - Life is Strange - Pumped a few hours into this, still unsure whether I like it