HELL YEAH

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Re: HELL YEAH

Well, I don't know if changing the maps would be the best idea, but if we had 2 servers again, but with linked stats, and wages, and some way of keeping the economy from crapping out then it would work. Perhaps there would be a way to add a console command trigger to the maps (one on my map, and one on Kirbys map), and when a player walks into it then they are automatically connected to the other server.

In fact if this is possible there could be a small planet on my map and a tractor beam from my ship going down to the planet. If a player stands in the beam then they are connected to the server with Kirbys map automatically (beamed to the planet), and on Kirbys map there could be a skybox modified to have my ship from a distance photoshopped into it, and a tractorbeam coming down to the ground, and a player standing in the beam would be beamed to the ship (connected to the server with my map automatically).

I mean I thought there was a trigger command in Hammer that made console commands so there could be a trigger that makes the client console command "connect server.no-ip.info:27015"

The reason for the NO-IP domain would be in case the server IP is changed so the map wouldnt need to be updated then.

I think this could be a possibility. It would be really cool to do, and I am going to experiment with stuff like this.

Czarcasm wrote:

Well, I don't know if changing the maps would be the best idea, but if we had 2 servers again, but with linked stats, and wages, and some way of keeping the economy from crapping out then it would work. Perhaps there would be a way to add a console command trigger to the maps (one on my map, and one on Kirbys map), and when a player walks into it then they are automatically connected to the other server.

In fact if this is possible there could be a small planet on my map and a tractor beam from my ship going down to the planet. If a player stands in the beam then they are connected to the server with Kirbys map automatically (beamed to the planet), and on Kirbys map there could be a skybox modified to have my ship from a distance photoshopped into it, and a tractorbeam coming down to the ground, and a player standing in the beam would be beamed to the ship (connected to the server with my map automatically).

I mean I thought there was a trigger command in Hammer that made console commands so there could be a trigger that makes the client console command "connect server.no-ip.info:27015"

The reason for the NO-IP domain would be in case the server IP is changed so the map wouldnt need to be updated then.

I think this could be a possibility. It would be really cool to do, and I am going to experiment with stuff like this.

1st, 200 posts. I am Mr. Post whore.

2nd,
      This WILL be abused. (ex:someone running into it while a cop is chasing them...)

Will the crime be on both servers?

SO MANY QUESTIONS

SO LITTLE TIME

HURRY THE FUCK UP

KTHXBAI
      - snip -

Ok so with the idea of a tractor beam and walking into it to switch servers (go up/down the beam to the ship or Kirbys map) CAN be abused YES. However there could be a few rules. First off there could be a button so someone being chased by a cop does not accidentally step into the beam and switch servers.

Next, there could be a 20 second time delay on the command trigger. Plus the tractor beam could be put somewhere on the ground or in the ship where it's sorta a dead end instead of some open area in the middle of the street. So if someone is being attacked or chased by a cop then he/she would get cuffed or killed probably before the 20 seconds is up.

Lastly if someone figured out a way to exploit the system and still evade cuff or combat then someone who gets proof could post it in the forums, and the player would get banned.

Both servers would share inventory, wage, money, bank, >>CRIME<<, job (such as cop rank, VIP, etc), and of course admins in one server would have the exact same privelages in the other server.