Admin Recall Explination

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Admin Recall Explination

Fellow players and admins, I ask you to read through this with me and ask you to form your own verdicts.

I am calling for the resignation of a fellow Root admin UNIT VP|Mojo v_2.0. Reasons are many but I will only touch on a few topics.
      First off, I have observed far reaching implications of bias' towards certain players and attitudes. No doubt we all have our bias' I will be the first to admit to this. But seeing this being the most recent act of borderline abuse on Mojo's part, I will elaborate.
      -My brother as some of you know as DV, Lucky Linux, or Thibedoux, joined the server not more then 90 minutes ago. And in the server there was a frequent player that my brother gets along with. This player changed his name to Anne Frank. So naturally to play an innocent game of hide and seek with PIZZAZZ! he changed his name to Adolf Hitler, and the game commenced. Well Jorden, who is family to Mojo got upset by a mere name and whined to mojo about something that wasnt even affecting him AT ALL. So much so that Jorden pleaded with Mojo to BAN/GAG/SILENCE my brother and also changing his name to "PEACEOFSHIT" This my friends too far out of hand.

-Second, Mojo was hired as a "Cop Manager". What has he done in far as promotions? Giving his brother special treatment in giving him promotions and guns along with a few other players? Also while on this fact he spends a MAJORITY of his time on UNIT servers. Servers provided by a man who I fought tooth and nail to rid off the server, for continuous acts of greifing and manipulation towards players and admins alike. A man who THREATENED to 'ddos the hell out of me to where I cant have internet for 3 months'. Do you, people of Syle22 servers, want a man to have ROOT ADMIN, who is the second in command of UNIT servers to be taking residence of our servers?

-Thirdly, what gives Mojo the right to think that, after leaving for months at a time to deal with those UNIT servers and Abandon us, only to come back DEMANDING respect and order under his watch? Did he stick it out in the server when we were running at 4-5 people a day? no. He fled to his own servers where there more people he could attempt to control.

-Fourthly, Mojo was hired as COP Manager, not Root admin, although the job is as of the same, he does not favor the cop manager job, he'd rather wear the title of Root, like as if Cop Manager is BELOW him.

I have not played along side Syle for 5 years only to be insulted by a kid who thinks he can run this place on his own. If he should think so, he should return to UNIT, and someone else should take the responsibility of being a RESPECTABLE Cop Manager.

Also Mojo, you asked to talk to me in private. Thats not going to happen. Ive given you ample opportunity to shape up and take care of things, but you refused to agree. Time for talking is over.

/rant

thanks for reading.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dane Vogel ().

• Re: Admin Recall Explination

I was the player who had changed their name to Anne Frank, and I'd also like to add that Mojo kept removing DV's cop over and over and over without reason (besides "I don't want you to be cop").
      I also think he's being very immature about it and hasn't even asked Jorden to stop harassing me and DV.
      I'd like to add that he thought DV's name was offensive despite changing our names to things very "unpleasant".
      And not to be nitpicking, but Jorden is 12 and still has the spelling and grammar skills of a 7 year old, and I'm shocked he still has cop.
      [img width=427 height=200]http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg857/scaled.php?server=857&filename=katawashoujoreleaseby1k.png&res=medium[/img]

The post was edited 1 time, last by Chucklenuts ().

I have few things to say... Not only because no one else has anything to say.

For the first reason as Dane mentioned, I do agree with it 100% and when Lucky said that comment, he never actually talked to Jorden, he said it to Anne as Dane mentioned, and Jorden thought Lucky was talking to him and he told Mojo which things were getting out of hands...

For second reason, I do agree, he didn't give any promotions, BUT, he did give me cop because the Roots were looking for active cops and not afk 24/7 cops that were always like that (Freemancity).

For third reason, Mojo did play on UNIT most of the time even if there were 4-5 people on or even more.

For fourth reason, Mojo may think he's a Root Administrator instead of a Cop Manager, BUT, he did help me one time with a ban I fucked with... if it wasn't for him, I would be in alot of trouble.. Which is one of the reasons I was lucky to have Mojo to help.

Maybe we MIGHT have to get a new Cop Manager (don't take this disrespectful way Mojo :/) but one thing for sure, that person should play on the server alot, maybe even make a normal player a new cop to see if he's responsible enough.

That is all I have to say to this topic. I'm not going to judge if Mojo should lose his Job, or should stay. What I just said was few minor things I had to say about this post. I wouldn't take this as "YEAH OWNED IS RIGHT WE SHOULD TOTALL AGREE WITH HIM" just saying this as in the "middle"

EDIT: I also forgot to mention one thing, you may ask yourself, "Who is the most active Root on steam?" for me, this is 100% honesty, no lies. For me, it is Mojo. Dane is on steam everyday of course, but if I need help from a root, it may be Mojo if Dane isn't on at Steam. From my point of view Dane helps alot on the server, Mojo is always available for assistance if anyone well ever need it incase of Dane isn't on. If you guys do think Mojo shouldn't be the Cop Manager, or lose his Root Admin, I don't think he should be fully demoted, I think he should be atleast basic-super and maybe show us that he could be more active in the future.
      ~Owned!!!
      ~Captain Canadia

The post was edited 1 time, last by Owned!!! ().

I think that regardless of what becomes of Mojo's role on the server (whether he's left with fewer powers or none at all) - an active, completely involved cop manager is needed on the server. In my opinion, for what it's worth, there are too many cops. The catch-22 is that many (not all), do their job sufficiently..but in the end, I (and many others) think that there are still too many.

@owned
      I have a full time job that go to. 60-70 hours a week. That's multiple 12 hour shifts usually during grave yard shift. Being 9pm to 9am. So o have an excuse to not be on much as I used to. Mojo, as far as I know doesn't have a 60+ hours work schedule so yeah, he can, and most likely has a lot more time he can dedicate to the server.

Dane Vogel wrote:

@owned
      I have a full time job that go to. 60-70 hours a week. That's multiple 12 hour shifts usually during grave yard shift. Being 9pm to 9am. So o have an excuse to not be on much as I used to. Mojo, as far as I know doesn't have a 60+ hours work schedule so yeah, he can, and most likely has a lot more time he can dedicate to the server.

Wow, that's alot of work. Well, everyone have an excuse. I didn't really mean that you barely are on steam, just saying my opinion who's on steam more, but if it's like that for you then that's understandable to why you can't be on too much :o.
      Though, that's alot of work.
      ~Captain Canadia

Dane Vogel wrote:

@owned

@Dane & Owned,

Yeah I may not been that active due first year of University I'm sorry I have some things going on in my life.
      <br />| Game Servers | Voice Servers | Dedicated Servers | VDS/VPS | Webhosting |<br />|Chicago IL | Dallas TX | Germany Frankfurt |New York NYC | Seattle Washington |

Here is my problem with the situation:
      -Cops have always been on or off. There are either a good number on, or none at all.
      - Mojo got on today and demoted all police he "Never approved". My main problem with that is that Mojo isn't active enough to "approve" anyone. I see him on roughly once ever 3 months :\ which for a Cop Manager is scarce. The cops I saw demoted were police in the last map who were approved by other upper management since he was inactive.
      - No offense to Mojo, but mainly the only time I see him come on is when his little brother is having a problem with someone or something (which is understandable, he is family after all), but that isn't the commitment the server needs.

If I were to choose, Mojo would lose his pull as Cop Manager (since that is why this is all happening in the first place). I see no problem keeping him as Super, or possibly even root.

Next, if I were to appoint a new Cop Manager, there is only one person who comes to mind.

PROCTOR.

Completely unaffiliated, unbiased, active, and intelligent. By far my vote for best cop on the server, hands down. I would HIGHLY recommend him. It is important to note that the position of cop manager does not/should not entail being a root admin.

That is all I have to say on this matter,
      -SunDry

SunDrySix wrote:

Next, if I were to appoint a new Cop Manager, there is only one person who comes to mind.

PROCTOR.

Completely unaffiliated, unbiased, active, and intelligent. By far my vote for best cop on the server, hands down. I would HIGHLY recommend him. It is important to note that the position of cop manager does not/should not entail being a root admin.

-SunDry

Sorry SunDry but I disagree on the "active" part...
      Don't take this disrespectful way Proctor & SunDry, but Proctor isn't TOO active, he usually afks just like in Freemancity. Now I'm not saying he has no chance but if he could atleast play more then afk more (if it's like night then yeah that's understandable). Even though, he might be a good cop manager, just that he needs to try to be more active then afk as I mentioned and he'll be a great one :D

~Owned
      ~Captain Canadia

Dane Vogel wrote:

The thing about the cop manager job is that you have to be a root to employ other cops unless the elite job can do that.

I agree and I'm not greedy I would love to be Elite

Ps: Please add me on steam again.. Idk if I'm blocked or something, I don't think we should keep it like this.

~Mojo.
      <br />| Game Servers | Voice Servers | Dedicated Servers | VDS/VPS | Webhosting |<br />|Chicago IL | Dallas TX | Germany Frankfurt |New York NYC | Seattle Washington |

Owned!!! wrote:

Dane Vogel wrote:

The thing about the cop manager job is that you have to be a root to employ other cops unless the elite job can do that.

If Mojo DOES get demoted from Root to Elite then we'll need a responsible player/admin who's really active and think he/she can handle ROOT Admin to be the cop manager.

Your saying I'm not responsible :O?

@Mojo
      No no no... I'm just saying that, if you DO get demoted to Elite or Super admin and lose your Cop Manager Job, that next person that the admins will choose to be the Cop Manager, will need to be responsible with Root admin Powers. You are responsible with the Root admin powers, just saying that if that person will be chosen to be the new Cop Manager, he'll have to be responsible with the Root powers. That is all. I may be wrong that person might need to have Root powers, but Dane said the cop manager need Root Admin =/

~Captain Canadia

The post was edited 1 time, last by Owned!!! ().

Sorry SunDry but I disagree on the "active" part...
      Don't take this disrespectful way Proctor & SunDry, but Proctor isn't TOO active, he usually afks just like in Freemancity. Now I'm not saying he has no chance but if he could atleast play more then afk more (if it's like night then yeah that's understandable). Even though, he might be a good cop manager, just that he needs to try to be more active then afk as I mentioned and he'll be a great one :D

~Owned

No disrespect taken, but you're a little off-base. I'm almost exclusively a night player, considering that's when I mainly have the time to play. I do play during the day often, but by no means is it going to be the majority of the time. I do the opposite of what most people do - I do most of my afking during the day and do most of my playing during the night. Being as the server is less active when I'm around, it's not like there are many people able to vouch for my activity.

I leave the game running 24 hours a day (I'm not continually re-connecting), so take into consideration the fact you may not know I'm around. I don't always say something. Even when I am afk, I'm usually tending to something else and supervising the server in the meantime.

Also, thanks for the good word, Sundry. :)

That does explain why I see you few times not afking at night when I stay up late or review chats of what happened...
      But you could make a good Cop manager (not saying Mojo isn't a good cop manager) but and again, we don't know if Mojo is going to get demoted either WHO will be the new cop manager if mojo will get demoted :o
      ~Captain Canadia

I have had a chance to talk to both Dane and Mojo. I know what they both told me, and I will not repeat anything as everything I heard is strictly confidential. What I can say however is I was told similar stories from both but with different wording. Both made the other sound like they were wrong.

Now, I think that for this case I have the most information from both sides to provide a good opinion of what should happen. Although this is Syles decision in the end and not mine at all, I beleive that Mojo should be demoted, and I will state my reasons after saying that this opinion is entirely unbiased, and that I hope this means no hard feeling from Mojo. Mojo I respect you, and I have nothing at all against you.

Reason 1: Cop manager is a root admin. Mojo has not been on a whole lot recently. In fact, there is not a root admin on all that often. This however is based on the past which is irrelevant to the future. However, speaking from the past perhaps there should be a root admin who is cop manager who is on a lot more often. After all, a root admin can do just about anything to help out a player who needs something done.

Reason 2: The tension from Dane. When I say this I mean if Mojo remains in his position then there will be tension coming from Dane which can potentially make the server and/or forums too dramatic and less fun.

Now I do not beleive that Mojo should leave entirely. If he would like to then he may, but if I decides to may it please be peacefully. Secondly if Mojo is demoted down to Super or Elite, may this also be peacefull and end any conflict there may be. Next, if Syle leaves Mojo in his current spot I ask that there be no tension or conflict as that is the way things are meant to remain. Lastly, Syle is the one making this decision, therefore I ask that a unbiased decision is made, and the the decision made is not at all influenced directly by anyone else. Take the stories from both sides like I have done, and do your best to filter out the bias in each of their stories and to get to the core of what is going on, and then finally make a decision based on that, and not based on what Dane or Mojo tell you to do.

That is what I have to say. This is based on the undisclosed statements that both sides have told me. Others have posted in this thread, and from now on I ask that there be no more joking on this matter. If you have an opinion do not flame Mojo if the opinion is for Mojo to leave, and do not flame Dane if you opinion is for Mojo to stay. If you have an opinion state the opinion calmly (no cursing, etc.), and try to remain unbiased the best you can. Lastly please do not make little joke posts such as jokingly making a flame thread because I asked that nobody do that here, or what not.