It's been a good run. But it looks like it's game over.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• It's been a good run. But it looks like it's game over.

Hey, guys, iBlastrix, Blastrix the Blastoise, however you guys remember me here. I remember the first day I joined Syle's roleplay, a few years ago. A fun, kind community, full of active admins (like Kendothief), enjoyable gamemode, a paradise that I'd soon religiously play on, because it was fun and simple, true to the core of HL2DM. I remember the change to Freeman City, one of the best maps EVER (Except for that goddamn train), and the change a while later back to uptown. Then, I stopped for a while, I needed a break. Fast forward to a month ago, after I got my life in check, and taken care of all of the business I needed to take care of. We're on a floating city in space, there are a bunch of cops, some new, some old, and one fairly abusive (I refuse to name names). I tried to get cop back, charged with getting footage of said abusive cop, but then, I realized : "Why be the one to take away something fun from someone?" I figured someone else could get it, and that someone else would get the cop spot. I logged on at night, when the server was quiet, just because I didn't want my reappearance to draw attention or anything. I still had finals coming up, and I feared that someone might ask me to be more active. About a week ago, I checked my favorites list, and there was no Syle's. Looked in the server list, no Syle's. I looked on the news page, and ignored the first article, which would be the center of my woes, and read through everything else. "Downtime," I thought. "Great. Just when I was actually going to be able to be part of the community again, haha." After a few days, I finally got around to reading that first post, about the merge with a few old guys from Exiled. I read it over and over, hoping it wasn't true, thinking "Oh shit, this isn't happening." Sure enough, I see content links for a new Paragon PERP server, and I decide that it's time to throw in the towel, sending individual "Iquitkthx"es to people who I remembered better than others. Now, I've decided I should make a public "Iquitkthx" to the people who I couldn't track down, or the people who I've yet to meet who are going to stay with Paragon. A lot of people probably wonder WHY it is that I'm going to quit, so I've decided that I'll list a few reasons here, descending in order from least to most important. There are only a few.

1) Plain and simple, I don't like PERP.
      It might be a silly reason to some, but I just don't like PERP. It's unfun to me, and I liked the old RP system, even the new one that I found on the flying ship thing. I understand if other people enjoy it, and I'm not mad at Syle for switching, I just don't like it, it's more of a personal reason.

2) I don't really like anyone from Exiled.
      I've had rocky times with Exiled Servers before. Another personal reason, honestly : if Syle saw an opportunity and took it, then I can't blame him. Business is business.

3) Some parts of the community will get even SHITTIER on the PERP model.
      I love this community. You guys were my first roleplay community, and I will always carry fond memories of (almost) all of you. However, some of the people I've got to meet from freemancity onwards were just pieces of shit that I'd do well to forget about. Freemancity brought a lot of minges to the server, and I disliked that. That's the first time I ever saw "tubbing" happen (oldfags should remember that shit), and other than them, the map was amazing, but on PERP, it'll just get worse with cars, cops, mayor, and shit like that.

4) I'm part of an old and dying breed. Part of me feels like I won't be welcome on the new server.
      A lot of people know me. I've been here for several years, and it was AMAZING. But one of the reasons I dislike PERP is because I LIKED Syle's. I liked that model BETTER, so it was harder for me to get used to the idea of playing PERP, because it wasn't fun.

A lot of people won't agree with me. But that doesn't matter. I didn't post this to argue, I posted it to say goodbye to anyone who had fond memories of me. It really has been fun, and I'm not being critical of Syle. I know how business works ; this is a business, and it needs to be run as such, and Syle's the man for the job, always has been, always will be. Hope you steer Paragon into success. Knowing you, it'll happen.

:^^: ,
      Blastrix.
      The Big Wille
    • Re: It's been a good run. But it looks like it's game over.

Slaxer0 wrote:

I remember I bathtub a secret entrance in oney's secret grave thingy to afk but then raptor jesus banned me :< good times....

Yeah, the batcave, that's what I was talking about. Never heard about it. Remember how in FMC there was just kind of rampant admin abuse, like admins just GIVING people a fuckton of locks?
      The Big Wille
    • Greatest Story of All time

Greatest Story of All Time

I don't normal make fun of challenged people but when i do it's hilarious ;:lool:;
      Im going to hel... :^^:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln2lZre9M5Q&feature=g-u-u&context=G2ebd9d9FUAAAAAAAJAA[/youtube]
      ?Whoever does not miss the Soviet Union has&#65279; no heart. Whoever wants it back has no brain.?<br />- Vladmir Putin.
    • Re: It's been a good run. But it looks like it's game over.

Blastrix wrote:

Hey, guys, iBlastrix, Blastrix the Blastoise, however you guys remember me here. I remember the first day I joined Syle's roleplay, a few years ago. A fun, kind community, full of active admins (like Kendothief), enjoyable gamemode, a paradise that I'd soon religiously play on, because it was fun and simple, true to the core of HL2DM. I remember the change to Freeman City, one of the best maps EVER (Except for that goddamn train), and the change a while later back to uptown. Then, I stopped for a while, I needed a break. Fast forward to a month ago, after I got my life in check, and taken care of all of the business I needed to take care of. We're on a floating city in space, there are a bunch of cops, some new, some old, and one fairly abusive (I refuse to name names). I tried to get cop back, charged with getting footage of said abusive cop, but then, I realized : "Why be the one to take away something fun from someone?" I figured someone else could get it, and that someone else would get the cop spot. I logged on at night, when the server was quiet, just because I didn't want my reappearance to draw attention or anything. I still had finals coming up, and I feared that someone might ask me to be more active. About a week ago, I checked my favorites list, and there was no Syle's. Looked in the server list, no Syle's. I looked on the news page, and ignored the first article, which would be the center of my woes, and read through everything else. "Downtime," I thought. "Great. Just when I was actually going to be able to be part of the community again, haha." After a few days, I finally got around to reading that first post, about the merge with a few old guys from Exiled. I read it over and over, hoping it wasn't true, thinking "Oh shit, this isn't happening." Sure enough, I see content links for a new Paragon PERP server, and I decide that it's time to throw in the towel, sending individual "Iquitkthx"es to people who I remembered better than others. Now, I've decided I should make a public "Iquitkthx" to the people who I couldn't track down, or the people who I've yet to meet who are going to stay with Paragon. A lot of people probably wonder WHY it is that I'm going to quit, so I've decided that I'll list a few reasons here, descending in order from least to most important. There are only a few.

1) Plain and simple, I don't like PERP.
      It might be a silly reason to some, but I just don't like PERP. It's unfun to me, and I liked the old RP system, even the new one that I found on the flying ship thing. I understand if other people enjoy it, and I'm not mad at Syle for switching, I just don't like it, it's more of a personal reason.

2) I don't really like anyone from Exiled.
      I've had rocky times with Exiled Servers before. Another personal reason, honestly : if Syle saw an opportunity and took it, then I can't blame him. Business is business.

3) Some parts of the community will get even SHITTIER on the PERP model.
      I love this community. You guys were my first roleplay community, and I will always carry fond memories of (almost) all of you. However, some of the people I've got to meet from freemancity onwards were just pieces of shit that I'd do well to forget about. Freemancity brought a lot of minges to the server, and I disliked that. That's the first time I ever saw "tubbing" happen (oldfags should remember that shit), and other than them, the map was amazing, but on PERP, it'll just get worse with cars, cops, mayor, and shit like that.

4) I'm part of an old and dying breed. Part of me feels like I won't be welcome on the new server.
      A lot of people know me. I've been here for several years, and it was AMAZING. But one of the reasons I dislike PERP is because I LIKED Syle's. I liked that model BETTER, so it was harder for me to get used to the idea of playing PERP, because it wasn't fun.

A lot of people won't agree with me. But that doesn't matter. I didn't post this to argue, I posted it to say goodbye to anyone who had fond memories of me. It really has been fun, and I'm not being critical of Syle. I know how business works ; this is a business, and it needs to be run as such, and Syle's the man for the job, always has been, always will be. Hope you steer Paragon into success. Knowing you, it'll happen.

:^^: ,
      Blastrix.

Well to be honest i really never liked you because you always believed you were right in Syles 22 and GangWars RP on gmod. I met you there and im like Blastrix seems familiar then i noclipped to you and saw you i helped you lvl then you became a huge douche ;) but some how you left the server but i hope you find another community like us or play again here,.