My suggestions to the server.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• My suggestions to the server.

My honest opinion on Kick door is that it should cost more money, such as 5k, to stop cops from kicking every door that has 2,5k crime. (Even though the amount of crime you can kick for is 1,5k.) When you are kicking, the door should either A) You get keys to it for 5 minutes, if you switch, you lose them, and the reason you get keys is so you can lock it to stop people from raiding. I have heard that if you raid, it is a reason to kill, as it is trespassing. You could also (even know I think this is stupid) make the door fall completely down so you do not have to worry about Auto-lockers.

My honest view on the stripper job is that it is just for the sounds. If I wanted to, I could find the .wma or .mp3 files it uses and just play it back if I wanted to hear it. I think that the stripper job should be used to get additional health, meaning, if you use the 250$ option, you would get an additional 25hp. If you would use the 500$ option, you would get an additional 50hp and for the 750$ option you would get an additional 75hp. If you have VIPs running around with 275hp, why not get a regular player with 175hp and 200 suit to actually be able to go against them without dying 5 times?

Drug addicts do not get enough money, plain and simple. Drug addicts should get 4$ a gram, so the regular harvest would be 1200 per plant or 6000$ a harvest. You would get a profit of 4750 each time. You should get exactly 1,5k crime when you plant, and an additional 1k when you harvest. When you sell, you should get 400 crime.

My views on the pricing is that most of it is fair, except some of the housing. There are some houses that are very small and cost 45k, when there are houses that are a bit bigger for 35k. I think the houses in question should be available for a cost of 20k - 30k.

My honest view on the cop jobs are that someone screwed around with the jail times. I love the new times, but cops are not getting the same amount of cash that they used too. If it was 3$ a second, it would be fine, but with the 1k crime = 60$, where most cops used to get 240$. It would not be a full payment still, but it would still be enough.

My honest view on the Administrators is that I only see 2 active admins that are not root admins. The two in question are Pvt.Nibblez and SunDrySix. I think that they both are committed to the server. I have also seen Delta, but it has been very irregular. I would like to see more admins that are mature and are able to help the server.

I personally think that the server is the best out there, and that these suggestions are only to make the server even better. I also think that there should be more commands such as !votekick, which would kick a disruptive player, and a radio command so we could listen to music that isn't though a mic, as HLDJ is usually not active. I would like to see more players and it be more stable, so I could AFK through the night and not come back to a "Lost connection to the server." as it is very annoying. I really like the map, but I would like to see TF2274's map also, and maybe even have a extra server for 2 maps, such as Kirby's and Tf2274's map.

Thank you very much if you read the above paragraphs.
      - snip -
    • Re: My suggestions to the server.

Okay,

I agree with some of what you said, like the stripper job changes, kickdoor costing more money sounds good and the fact that the housing prices are out of whack.

However, I think cops make enough for their job, and THIS:

Drug addicts do not get enough money, plain and simple. Drug addicts should get 4$ a gram, so the regular harvest would be 1200 per plant or 6000$ a harvest. You would get a profit of 4750 each time. You should get exactly 1,5k crime when you plant, and an additional 1k when you harvest. When you sell, you should get 400 crime.

I don't agree. There is a reason why everyone on the server is a Drug Addict: it is the most over-powered job available to players. Drug Addicts make the most. At $6,000 a harvest, players could make up to $72,000 ($57,000 profit) an hour. Thats a wee bit rediculous.

-SunDry

No. I don't think the door kick should cost more, if you die and try to get back in you already lose 10k. I'm already as broke. Also, maybe should let the drug addicts have more then 4 plants, maybe till 8 or 10. Other than that, all I have to say really.
      ~Captain Canadia

I agree that /kickdoor should cost more. Another suggestion that I have to add to that is make it so /kickdoor will only work on doors owned by a player with a bounty.

I think the drugs are now perfected as they are. Glitches are taken care of.

As for the two servers suggestion. Hmm, well right now Syle is hosting on my box, and looking at the stats with CPU usage I suppose a second server with 24 (not 32) players could work. Another 32 players might max out the cpu usage based on the fact that 32 active players requires about 60% of the cpu clock time. Plus it would be nice if both servers were linked to the same database.

Regarding my map. The last thing I would want is for my map to be on the server in the current state it's in. There were too many glitches, and I am working on fixing them all as well as reducing fps lag. There are some heavy optimizations I am working on making, and I am making changes that will get rid of the dreaded "Reliable Snapshot Overflow" error that happens when more than 16 players join the server.

Hell no. Door kicking for 5k? It's already bad enough I waste my money on it, wouldn't wanna waste 10k each time.
      EDIT: My suggestion for cops, or as a cop, is that they should have access to VIP doors, because its annoying how its a waste of money opening a useless door. Just a suggestion from most cops.
      ~Captain Canadia

The post was edited 1 time, last by Owned!!! ().

Kickdoor is almost not cheap enough, but it's the price to pay to avoid it being abused to high hell. Enough money is already wasted on those people with 20k crime that barricade themselves in their apartment and don't come out. Not to mention cops get generally less for an arrest now.

The problem with it costing 2.5k a door is that most of the people who are hiding in their apartments are people that own ones with several doors. For places like the graveyard, it's hard to tell where the player with crime is when their are tracers intersecting eachother all over the screen. Not hard to blow 10k trying to get in there. On the other hand, if it's made cheaper, it's too tempting to use on all the people that don't have the luxury of three million different doors in their apartment.

The post was edited 1 time, last by {EE} SheetMusic ().

Proctor wrote:

Kickdoor is almost not cheap enough, but it's the price to pay to avoid it being abused to high hell. Enough money is already wasted on those people with 20k crime that barricade themselves in their apartment and don't come out. Not to mention cops get generally less for an arrest now.

The problem with it costing 2.5k a door is that most of the people who are hiding in their apartments are people that own ones with several doors. For places like the graveyard, it's hard to tell where the player with crime is when their are tracers intersecting eachother all over the screen. Not hard to blow 10k trying to get in there. On the other hand, if it's made cheaper, it's too tempting to use on all the people that don't have the luxury of three million different doors in their apartment.

Yeah I agree, I hate how some ex vips have cop and they can open it easily and cuff em, chewie did that to rob yesterday lol.
      ~Captain Canadia

Also, good point Liam about the housing, I think those small apartments beside Syles Bank should be made 15 or 20k. Yes, that's cheap, but almost nobody uses those, and for new players, it doesn't seem like an insurmountable amount of money to make and can encourage them to save up and play. Otherwise, they come and go, get RDMed by the occasional asshole, and have nothing to work for. Many come and are intrigued by the aspect of growing plants and making fast money, but they have nowhere to put them. Those apartments are really shitty, but the price would reflect that and at least they could grow in peace.

I think 2.5k is enough, I barely even use the kick door command because most houses have 2+ doors and you would have to jail someone for like 25000 crime to even get your money back from that kick door, so overall i think it should stay the same. I disagree with the drug addict job suggestion because I think your already getting spoiled by getting a 600 profit from each plant for just standing their watching it for like 5 minutes. I somewhat agree about the doors, the pricing is a little messed up. I bought a decent gangbase for like 75k, then i saw an apartment that's 75k but 1/2 the size of my gangbase. gang bases should be more expensive because there is more than 1 person buy it.

TF2274_r.2.0 wrote:

Ok, I agree with the cop access to the VIP doors. The only thing is idk if I can set the main VIP doors to be both copdoors, and allow other players (the VIPs) to also have access to the door.

Oh my god, I'm glad someone suggested it. I hate wasting almost 10k breaking into vip. It was really cheap for vips to make cop extra tax for kick dooring.
      ~Captain Canadia

1. strippers are going to be able to give more hp to people yes i already planned that

2. cops kickdoor is not going to be changed although they might get the vip keys

3. absolutly no i will not make a second server for many reasons one of them it cuts the player base in half leaving one server with say 20 people and the other with 5 when if put together it would just be 25 people wich is alot more fun than being split its just a waste.

4. theres admin apps open for a reason

5. durg addicts are fine. anymore and theyd be even more op. i kept them because it gave people somthing to do other tahn rob and kill, in the original rp mod they were completely underpowerd so i buffed it alittle bit.

6. im adding firefighters to be public eventually but still working out the ballancing of it like if i can make it so you have to have a certain amount of hours to get it from dog or somthing also tweaking the fire hoses. i also want to add medics back but actually fix the job so it isnt highway robbery.

Syle22 wrote:

6. im adding firefighters to be public eventually but still working out the ballancing of it like if i can make it so you have to have a certain amount of hours to get it from dog or somthing also tweaking the fire hoses. i also want to add medics back but actually fix the job so it isnt highway robbery.

Its possible, RCS had that kind of thing for a certain job, also, medics can exploit ya know, they can heal cops 24/7 and get like 10k or 100k. even if they have full hp.
      ~Captain Canadia

LiamTanner wrote:

DEFINITELY not. They enough money as it is.
      <a href="http://www.sylesrp.com">[img width=200 height=200]http://i.imgur.com/qhFlK.gif[/img]</a>