The solution to our HL2DM RP Server

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The solution to our HL2DM RP Server

I've got it. I honestly think this will work. We just have to invite as many players as we can, and keep promoting our server (Which I will help with).
      But the main issue is the map. People are getting tired of it! It's the same thing, every single time they get on.
      But Freeman City was such a great map right? Perfect for RP. It's nice, I love where the PD is and how it's put together. That long street down the middle, with the cafe, the VIP apartments, the gas station, the weapon shop.. it's a great map. It's just old.
      What we need to do is make another version of Freeman City, and it won't be easy.. we have to integrate ideas from Kirby's city, such as the sewer, and possibly the ice apartments.
      But there is one thing I cannot stress enough. We shouldn't make the city huge. Keep it the same size, but add more to it. Make the bank nicer, with better textures, and have a huge, new sign on the front that says "Bank Of Syle" and get some cool posters over the city, promoting syle's name with the server.

Just an idea I came up with. Hopefully we can make it happen.
      <a href="http://www.sylesrp.com">[img width=200 height=200]http://i.imgur.com/qhFlK.gif[/img]</a>
    • Re: The solution to our HL2DM RP Server

Wong wrote:

Fishy wrote:

I've got it. I honestly think this will work. We just have to invite as many players as we can, and keep promoting our server (Which I will help with).
      But the main issue is the map. People are getting tired of it! It's the same thing, every single time they get on.
      But Freeman City was such a great map right? Perfect for RP. It's nice, I love where the PD is and how it's put together. That long street down the middle, with the cafe, the VIP apartments, the gas station, the weapon shop.. it's a great map. It's just old.
      What we need to do is make another version of Freeman City, and it won't be easy.. we have to integrate ideas from Kirby's city, such as the sewer, and possibly the ice apartments.
      But there is one thing I cannot stress enough. We shouldn't make the city huge. Keep it the same size, but add more to it. Make the bank nicer, with better textures, and have a huge, new sign on the front that says "Bank Of Syle" and get some cool posters over the city, promoting syle's name with the server.

Just an idea I came up with. Hopefully we can make it happen.

Very Nice Idea :) I like the idea of remaking a newer version of Freeman City And Also one thing Is syle going to reset the wages and hours? Plz Don't This will only make more players leave. Resetting money from bank and items is ok. But Resetting our hours will do nothing. Our hours represent us.
      Maybe more jobs too.
      Btw The current map for the job Sanitation, the map garbage zone made new players not use the job b/c the garbage zone is invisible.
      Im gonna add in to Fishy suggestions if you dont mind. We need more cops and admins that will play on the server more often. More cops will let other players to make crime and more admins can put furniture in people homes or just do special events like recon props that launch people :D
      New Jobs: You know how theres a job called Firefighter? Well I got a crazy idea ( impossible to make it come true ) Firefighter can get rid of fire how about a job that can allow players to kill people with fire? Like setting fire on the ground. Ofc you guys will think they can farm on this but im sure if this job actually come true it will have limits.
      Second Idea for a job: Zombie: Well not actually a zombie b/c someone said it will crash the server so why not just make it as a job and it allows the player to have 200 hp ( or some other number) and the zombie will have a crowbar but heres the thing. The player that have a job as a zombie will walk slower even if they use the sprint and maybe make a thing to allow the player to rawr?

I know this ideas is crazy :-X

Make a zombie invasion was my idea,the one where they spead fire,i like it but only problem is where are we going to have a weapon that shoot fire?A remake of the map is a good idea.

TF2274_r.2.0 wrote:

Source engine supports ai. Its possible to make a map that spawns zombies or find one. Also console scripts can be used to spawn working zombies, but I forget if it's Linux or windows servers that crash when you do. I think it's Linux that does though.

Eh,my idea was based mainly on "Player" zombies.The Ai in hl2dm is different from hl2.The zombie idea is in the idea tab(in hl2dm Rp forum).I don't like the Ai in hl2dm as hl2dm is mainly players killing each other.

Going through older threads and I thought I would bump this one up. Especially about the zombies, it would be a really cool idea if we made it like an event where we would just spawn zombies and everyone would fight them, but not make them easy, so people would have to like hide in their apartments and stay in groups, if that's possible. It would be neat.

Mewn wrote:

Going through older threads and I thought I would bump this one up. Especially about the zombies, it would be a really cool idea if we made it like an event where we would just spawn zombies and everyone would fight them, but not make them easy, so people would have to like hide in their apartments and stay in groups, if that's possible. It would be neat.

It can work, Syle spawned zombies in this summer, so pretty sure he can again.
      ~Captain Canadia