Thank you all for your suggestions

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Thank you all for your suggestions

Belive it or not i do read all of these and now that i have a bit more time this week, im going to be coding in some of them.

I love how the community is progressing lately its really an awesome thing to see sylesrp is still alive after almost 4 years. Ill be also giving out some promotions and things to some noted players who very well deserve it.

be on the lookout for the updates and keep the good suggestions coming!

Cheers.
    • Re: Thank you all for your suggestions

Hey Syle, its always nice to see the server owner on the forums.

Well Ive been playing on the RP server for a while now, overall its been a unique and enjoyable experience however, a few issues really stick out at me as huge gameplay drawbacks. Ill list a few starting with the largest.

- Disconnecting doesn't result in a loss of drugs/money. In practice this is a huge problem on the RP server, people exploit this constantly to sell drugs risk free. One way ive noticed is that they will plant/harvest repeatedly without selling until they have an extremely large amount of drugs on them, then just disconnecting constantly until they spawn near the dealer, then just disconnect as soon as the sale is done. Coming on later and returning to bank. No one can track them. Also If a cop is online they can just disconnect before they are cuffed, they lose nothing in the process. I cant tell you how many times Ive seen people go up to the drug dealer priest and then just disappear with a key bound to "disconnect". If they hear a gun shot "disconnect", Someone breaks into their aparment "disconnect". Ive heard its reportable but its hard to prove the cause of the disconnect. PLEASE fix this, make people sell/go to bank before they log off. Sure they might lose some money or drugs because of real issues once in a while, but it makes people have to think more, do more, plan more and make the game more interesting and less exploitation. (Players who abuse this: Old Doctor<-constantly, Grimreaper, Spartan to name a few)

-Lockbreakers should cost 1.5x Locks, I saw a thread discussing this already, its a no brainer really. You need to spend more money to destroy than create.

-Inflation. The value of money has dropped for most people, there is too much money on the server. Not enough people are working anymore they just stand around or worse RDM everyone because theyre bored. The game is most interesting when people are working/trying to get money.
      Solutions to this problem could be:
      -Bans/Pusnishments should come with Fines, HUGE fines.
      -Possible weekly payments for ownership of property.
      -Plants yield less profit
      -Guns cost more, bullets cost more
      -VIP money bonus reduced

-Spawning with weapons/extra health. This is really annoying when its being abused. We all appreciate the donations people make to keep the server running, however many people including myself feel the bonus' that VIPs get are extremely overpowered. This can be easily abused (Proctor, Crasher, BitsNBytes) and its impossible to deal with. VIPs spawn with guns meaning they can constantly kill another player forcing that player to buy guns, draining that players money. Spawning with even a crowbar is a huge advantage in that regard. I think a x1.5 health advantage is large enough for a VIP, 275 is essentially godmode. If the bonus' stays the same atleast include a rule where they cant kill normal players like we cant kill players under10hrs unless they shoot us first.

-The bank no kill zone extends to outside the bank for some reason

-A lot of people go AFK for extremely long periods of time, maybe a kick after 2hours of no movement? This would atleast make people not AFK overnight. Assuming the "Disconnect=All held money/drugs are lost" rule goes into effect.

That's all I can think of right now. I still think its a great server! these issues just stand out to me as limiting its potential, hope you gave it a read through! Thanks

&quot;pseudo want to be mafia gang punks&quot; - Darth Tater

I agree with what Hales said. The players have tooooo much money on their bank. It is becoming a problem. For examples..... people are soo rich now that they bought all the houses.... the players ( newbies ) don't longer have a chance to catch up. I don't see any house that is buyable. Im not even sure if people are following the 2 house rule anymore....... for example bonkboy. Also. Is there anyway to tell who is the original owner. Not like who have keys to it. But who bought it.
      &lt;a href=&quot;http://steamsignature.com&quot;&gt;&lt;img src=&quot;http://steamsignature.com/profile/default/76561197989684972.png&quot; alt=&quot;&quot; title=&quot;&quot; /&gt;&lt;/a&gt;

Wong wrote:

I agree with what Hales said. The players have tooooo much money on their bank. It is becoming a problem. For examples..... people are soo rich now that they bought all the houses.... the players ( newbies ) don't longer have a chance to catch up. I don't see any house that is buyable. Im not even sure if people are following the 2 house rule anymore....... for example bonkboy. Also. Is there anyway to tell who is the original owner. Not like who have keys to it. But who bought it.

"all"
      Not all as the house limit for players is 2.
      though it is a good idea to do a inactive door clean up and also restore some of the door messages(For example:two shops near the bank has no message so i can't tell if it the rebel shop or the spy shop.

I can do the money in your wallet and your drugs going away easy ill do that asap.

as for the weekly payments for houses and ban fines thats a good idea i just dont know how to run the tax system in the code. We could always do it manually but that would be a bit of work.

and ive been kind of wanting to nerf vips for awhile now but i dont know exacly where a good medium is between good benefits and ballance. I think instead of spawning with guns each spawn theyl just get the health and a gun pack on donation or somthing. i need opinions on this

The post was edited 1 time, last by Syle22 ().

Perkins wrote:

If its possible, which I dont see how it would be hard but, edit the RP code to reset harvested drugs and in-pocket money to zero if you log off.

AFKing, +20,000, Server Crash, Nothing, FML
      [img width=500 height=312]http://www.rdos.net/eng/poly12c.php?p1=83&amp;p2=65&amp;p3=80&amp;p4=82&amp;p5=63&amp;p6=93&amp;p7=69&amp;p8=75&amp;p9=61&amp;p10=74&amp;p11=69&amp;p12=86[/img] 155/200 I&#039;m Autistic LOL

Decoy wrote:

Perkins wrote:

If its possible, which I dont see how it would be hard but, edit the RP code to reset harvested drugs and in-pocket money to zero if you log off.

AFKing, +20,000, Server Crash, Nothing, FML

Afking wouldnt be a problem as we are going to most likely put a block to afking after about 2-3 hours of inactivity.

Syle22 wrote:

I think instead of spawning with guns each spawn theyl just get the health and a gun pack on donation or somthing. i need opinions on this

Great Idea.

My suggestion is..... if you want to nerf it. Maybe adding more levels of vips? Like
      Bronze 150Hp Weapons: Pistol and crowbar Price: 5
      Silver 200 hp 5 suit Weapons: stunstick, shotgun Price:11
      Golden 250 hp 10 suit Weapons: stunstick, shotgun and pistol. Price: 22

Its a example. But my point is. With this maybe more people will buy Vip? There is 3 vips levels and bronze is cheap. Its giving people more possibilities.
      If this is still a problem due to VIPS being hard to kill. Other suggestion is....

Having more levels of vips but also due to higher vips getting better health or weapons. The high level will have to follow the rule of not shooting anyone unless being shot at. Prolly a dumb idea but I dont think the purpose of buying VIP is to KOS everyone.
      &lt;a href=&quot;http://steamsignature.com&quot;&gt;&lt;img src=&quot;http://steamsignature.com/profile/default/76561197989684972.png&quot; alt=&quot;&quot; title=&quot;&quot; /&gt;&lt;/a&gt;

Syle22 wrote:

I can do the money in your wallet and your drugs going away easy ill do that asap.

as for the weekly payments for houses and ban fines thats a good idea i just dont know how to run the tax system in the code. We could always do it manually but that would be a bit of work.

and ive been kind of wanting to nerf vips for awhile now but i dont know exacly where a good medium is between good benefits and ballance. I think instead of spawning with guns each spawn theyl just get the health and a gun pack on donation or somthing. i need opinions on this

Its really great to hear that you can fix the disconnect exploit that has become so popular, thats great news for the server.

After getting killed about 15 times in the last 10 mins by BitsNbytes, I really feel like the guns arent as big an issue as the health/suit. Hes unkillable and abuses it to kill us constantly. I think a more reasonable set of hps for silver and gold should look more like 125hp and 150hp, if anything. I honestly wouldnt care if this guy spawned with an RPG and 150, no suit. That would make it less exploitable.

Hales wrote:

Syle22 wrote:

Its really great to hear that you can fix the disconnect exploit that has become so popular, thats great news for the server.

After getting killed about 15 times in the last 10 mins by BitsNbytes, I really feel like the guns arent as big an issue as the health/suit. Hes unkillable and abuses it to kill us constantly. I think a more reasonable set of hps for silver and gold should look more like 125hp and 150hp, if anything. I honestly wouldnt care if this guy spawned with an RPG and 150, no suit. That would make it less exploitable.

"unkillable" I saw in console that you and other players manage to kill him so it wouldn't consider to be Unkillable.

LOL @ my name being mentioned, I am rarely able to even play anymore and I'm not sure who you are, Hales. Unless you're the guy running around with your buddy taking cheap shots at people with the magnum. If that's you, then I'm happy I RDMed you.

To be quite honest, if you're good enough at playing the game then the 275hp doesn't matter. If you're smart, you don't need it. There are a million things you can do in the game that make yourself just as hard to kill as someone with all that health. And I'm not just saying this because I'm a VIP. I wasn't for years and it made no difference. I too believe we need to find a solution, I'm just not convinced anything in this thread is one. I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but one potential option could be to offer VIP-ish perks to players who want to cash in a certain amount of their bank to do it. For example, 50k gives them temporary "Bronze" perks, 100k for Silver, and so on. That, in turn, drives others to play more so they can compete.

Most importantly, this server is running on a game whose community has dwindled in recent years. I seriously don't understand why there should be any crackdown on AFKing at all. Why are we penalizing people who are connected to the server? Who are they hurting? They are helping the server and their presence in it is drawing others to play. The popular argument is that they're not contributing, but the fact is they are. The server is only to gain from there being more people connected. Don't take the recent success of the server for granted, I've been around in it long enough to know that it can all change very fast.

We need to find ideas that encourage people to play and stay connected to the server, not the opposite. The reason people are so rich is because they stick around. They are not "fair weather" players. Everyone has the same opportunity.

I know sometimes things get boring, and that's the only reason half of these things are being mentioned.

I can't wait to see a server at night who has nobody in it because of a block kicking everybody out for staying connected to their favorite server. Then the discussion will be how to bring them back.

Syle22 wrote:

Dear community,

I have a few thoughts about this whole thing...

I do not think it will be beneficial to the server to implement a no-afk feature into the game. Without the ability to afk, the server will actually have much fewer players and those who manage to reach high wages will find it near impossible to get a raise. Fewer players means fewer new players and this will feed into a loop that could endanger the server's status. Afking does not hurt the server's economy. Think about it, one series of full planting (5-10 minutes max) = several hours of afking.

As said several times before, it is a very good idea to make lock-breakers much more expensive.

At a previous RP server that I played in, there was a system of book-keeping property taxes. In that server, players could not buy apartments automatically. The apartments were sold by super admins. These purchases were logged into an online book-keeping website and all property taxes and due dates were required duties of the super admin. This is time-consuming but not impossible as it has been done before.

For VIP, implement more skins but nerf VIP strength (HP and money). Sonic is an especially popular skin. You can also allow VIP's to have access to server sounds that can be played every couple of minutes. Higher VIP status = more sounds, skins, and reduced cooldown to play sever sounds.
      Need help? Bored? PM or add me on Steam!<br /><br />http://steamcommunity.com/id/bullethunteer/

The post was edited 1 time, last by BulletHunteer ().

People AFKing also has its benefits for people who aren't doing so. For example 10 people afk on the server means that drugs grow faster for the people who are planting. As well as that I used to enjoy searching for AFK people that were doing so behind only a couple of locks. I know other people do the same. I guess it adds a small aspect of realism.

Proctor wrote:

LOL @ my name being mentioned, I am rarely able to even play anymore and I'm not sure who you are, Hales. Unless you're the guy running around with your buddy taking cheap shots at people with the magnum. If that's you, then I'm happy I RDMed you.

To be quite honest, if you're good enough at playing the game then the 275hp doesn't matter. If you're smart, you don't need it. There are a million things you can do in the game that make yourself just as hard to kill as someone with all that health. And I'm not just saying this because I'm a VIP. I wasn't for years and it made no difference. I too believe we need to find a solution, I'm just not convinced anything in this thread is one. I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but one potential option could be to offer VIP-ish perks to players who want to cash in a certain amount of their bank to do it. For example, 50k gives them temporary "Bronze" perks, 100k for Silver, and so on. That, in turn, drives others to play more so they can compete.

Most importantly, this server is running on a game whose community has dwindled in recent years. I seriously don't understand why there should be any crackdown on AFKing at all. Why are we penalizing people who are connected to the server? Who are they hurting? They are helping the server and their presence in it is drawing others to play. The popular argument is that they're not contributing, but the fact is they are. The server is only to gain from there being more people connected. Don't take the recent success of the server for granted, I've been around in it long enough to know that it can all change very fast.

We need to find ideas that encourage people to play and stay connected to the server, not the opposite. The reason people are so rich is because they stick around. They are not "fair weather" players. Everyone has the same opportunity.

I know sometimes things get boring, and that's the only reason half of these things are being mentioned.

I can't wait to see a server at night who has nobody in it because of a block kicking everybody out for staying connected to their favorite server. Then the discussion will be how to bring them back.

Hey Proctor! Ill try to address this post in order so I dont get confused :S

Ill admit it was unfair to add your name to the list of people who abuse VIP, because unlike BitsNbytes and Crasher, Ive never witnessed you do it personally. Ive only started playing this month and youve been for the most part inactive. The only reason I added your name is because every time the words "abuse" and "VIP" comes up around here your name soon follows, but Ive never actually seen it so it was unfair to include you.

Well when you say "275hp doesn't matter", "I'm not just saying this because I'm a VIP" I think it makes a lot of people at home laugh to themselves. Really? It makes no difference? If the Ravens show up to the Superbowl and the 49ers said "Okay so, we paid for the stadium so you guys have to score 2.75X more touchdowns to win" The Ravens wouldnt even play. I think thats what happens around here a lot, people leaving as a result of knowing they cant possibly compete on equal footing. Pay-to-win frustrates a lot of players across many games and platforms, its why buying WOW gold is illegal in game, it makes players less likely to want to try when they know they cant compete. Proctor we all know you enjoy an enormous health bonus, no one is confused about that in here, if you want to add to the dialogue please dont say things like "275hp doesnt matter" because that is one of the stupidest things ive read on this thread so far and I can tell youre not stupid enough to believe it.

On the issue of AFKs, Im not really sure what to do. You could be right kicking may not be a good idea, I just feel like we have to encourage people to PLAY rather than NOTPLAY. I have no real solution to what we can do about AFKers, The wallet drops on disconnect might make them more active during long periods of time as they will be trying to get money in their bank as often as possible because if they DC for some reason its lost. Aside from that I think this is open to suggestions on how to make AFKers be more active.

I dont think anyone is blaming players for having a lot of money, just making the argument that the amount of money on the server is SO high that people arent bothering to work for it as much anymore, and when people arent working the server is less interesting and possibly dying.

BulletHunteer wrote:

Syle22 wrote:

Dear community,

I have a few thoughts about this whole thing...

I do not think it will be beneficial to the server to implement a no-afk feature into the game. Without the ability to afk, the server will actually have much fewer players and those who manage to reach high wages will find it near impossible to get a raise. Fewer players means fewer new players and this will feed into a loop that could endanger the server's status. Afking does not hurt the server's economy. Think about it, one series of full planting (5-10 minutes max) = several hours of afking.

As said several times before, it is a very good idea to make lock-breakers much more expensive.

At a previous RP server that I played in, there was a system of book-keeping property taxes. In that server, players could not buy apartments automatically. The apartments were sold by super admins. These purchases were logged into an online book-keeping website and all property taxes and due dates were required duties of the super admin. This is time-consuming but not impossible as it has been done before.

For VIP, implement more skins but nerf VIP strength (HP and money). Sonic is an especially popular skin. You can also allow VIP's to have access to server sounds that can be played every couple of minutes. Higher VIP status = more sounds, skins, and reduced cooldown to play sever sounds.

I like this post.

Jakee wrote:

People AFKing also has its benefits for people who aren't doing so. For example 10 people afk on the server means that drugs grow faster for the people who are planting. As well as that I used to enjoy searching for AFK people that were doing so behind only a couple of locks. I know other people do the same. I guess it adds a small aspect of realism.

Well one of the problems with the server right now is that people have too much money, plants growing faster works opposite to that purpose.

But I am down for an AFK hunt whenever

I forgot to add that losing all money-in-hand and drugs on disconnect is a great change, but players suicide out of combat to save things as well. This shouldve been included in my first post. You have to lose all on suicide aswell (Train tracks, /kill, hit by own SLAM, etc.) For this to work otherwise people will just change their Disconnect bind to a suicide bind and continue exploiting.

Not sure how possible it is, but could this be made a drop as well? Not for Drugs just for money so if someone just disconnects/suicides by accident and not because theyre being chased, they could potentially go back to that spot and get their money back? Just a thought.