Server updates and map change

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Server updates and map change

The map has changed to : rp_cg_gtown_v08_day

Rp has also been updated courtesy of Eassidez

+Converted the database to Sqlite
      +Various bug fixes in the code
      +Increased overall performance

With this map we are presented with a unique opportunity. For the first time ever, the server is no longer saving its data to only flat-files. This is a big step to the stability of the server in the long term, its a feature ive been wanting for over 2 years.

However with converting the database we have lost previous rp data saved.

In order to compensate for this everyone who joins in on the new map will get a wage starting off at 10 and a 10k start. This starter pack will be running for the next week ending on 9/27/13. Along with this ill be doing some drops and care packages to help people start out.

All cops who had previous status will be reinstated, all vips reinstated but without the instant cash. Once we choose where the vip apartments will be guldens will be able to pick one aswell.

The other thing i would like to state about this map is that it has multiple versions. Each version changes the maps weather, there is a snow day, snow night, regular night, rain, and the current summer day one. As Christmas and winter approaches ill be experimenting with the idea of switching between the maps without disturbing anyone's data.

Its gonna be fun, don't forget to look out for the many more updates to come.

• Re: Server updates and map change

yeah great :D
      You wanna disrespect me, you little fuckin&#039; punk?<br />Everything I&#039;ve done to be who I am? As far as I&#039;ve fuckin&#039; come?<br />I&#039;ll slap you so fuckin&#039; hard, It&#039;ll feel like you kissed a freight train.<br />Fuck you!

i check the map and well i think its not that good i got few problems with it the PD is so big its waste of space you cut add more places instead of empty pd with no suit room
      and im little angry cuz the wages but hey i can make it up back to my 25 in few weeks its just my live and time i waste
      You wanna disrespect me, you little fuckin&#039; punk?<br />Everything I&#039;ve done to be who I am? As far as I&#039;ve fuckin&#039; come?<br />I&#039;ll slap you so fuckin&#039; hard, It&#039;ll feel like you kissed a freight train.<br />Fuck you!

petrho wrote:

i check the map and well i think its not that good i got few problems with it the PD is so big its waste of space you cut add more places instead of empty pd with no suit room
      and im little angry cuz the wages but hey i can make it up back to my 25 in few weeks its just my live and time i waste

Hey man. I lost my $39 wage.
      Need help? Bored? PM or add me on Steam!<br /><br />http://steamcommunity.com/id/bullethunteer/

My personal opinion on the reset:

Wages should not have been reset. Sure getting a higher wage is a matter of players going afk, but it still required that people let their computer resources and power go towards making that number go up a little higher. Honestly, it sounds so 1st world problemish to me to state how "hard" people worked to get their wage up. The fact does remain though that people did spend all of that time to get the higher wage. Wages should be the only thing reset. As for money, well, people were way too rich. A money and item reset was necessary.

My take on the map:

1) Lighting: Sucks shit out of the nearest asshole through a straw.
      2) Layout: confusing at first, but aren't all maps?
      3) Texturing: I love the texturing. I could use a few of the city textures for my map as well :3
      4) Brushwork/Detail work: A bit mediocre. Some places are done quite nicely, but others (like the pd) look like they were given big empty rooms with no detail because the author had an extra hole of space that had to be filled somehow. Some places poorly detailed.

Other comments on the map:
      1) The invisible glass doors (well, you can barely kinda see them) are a little annoying as well as all of the automatic doors.
      2) It's annoying that both parts of town aren't linked to a road. New players will have a hard time navigating this map until someone mentions the methods of getting to the different sections of town (metro, the special phones, sewers).
      3) There are some neat things such as the alien ship, though I would have rather that thing have doors that can be purchased. That would be pretty awesome!

My rating of the map: 6/10

I played the map before playing syle.It was alright because of how it wasn't laggy but the lighting and the routes across the map might be a problem.I am Happy that you Finally Switch to a more efficient code and that I would expect less crash from the props(missing keyvalue error,etc.) sucks that we had to reset because of the transition.

the reset was nessisary because of the database change. there was no way to import hundreds of wages of people most of which weren't even active. this is probably going to be the last reset so quit bitching its not even that bad you get 10 wage and money. after this week no one else will receive that.

I've found more versions of the map including one where the tunnel Is unblocked. we're giving this map a chance but if the demand really is for fucking Kirby's old map then we can switch there without resetting anything.

yea the map isn't perfect but IMO it's better than freemancity, we had a thread for suggestions for new map up for a week, it was even on the front page if you didn't see it that's your own fault.

As for the resets, we can't do anything about it sorry. New database code means that converting over the same code is not possible the only way around that is to manually set everyone's wage which is not happening.

As usual when we change maps and reset shit, people bitch for a week then it's all back to normal. If you don't like it THAT much then leave, no one is forcing you to stay.
      Butts.

The post was edited 1 time, last by ObiWan ().

ObiWan wrote:

yea the map isn't perfect but IMO it's better than freemancity, we had a thread for suggestions for new map up for a week, it was even on the front page if you didn't see it that's your own fault.

As for the resets, we can't do anything about it sorry. New database code means that we converting over the same code is not possible the only way around that is to manually set everyone's wage which is not happening.

As usual when we change maps and reset shit, people bitch for a week then it's all back to normal. If you don't like it THAT much then leave, no one is forcing you to stay.

Lol seems like you guys are frustrated or mad. Anyway... who will reach 1000 hours again this time?

Bets: Bullet or Zak o.o?
      &lt;a href=&quot;http://steamsignature.com&quot;&gt;&lt;img src=&quot;http://steamsignature.com/profile/default/76561197989684972.png&quot; alt=&quot;&quot; title=&quot;&quot; /&gt;&lt;/a&gt;

ObiWan wrote:

As for the resets, we can't do anything about it sorry. New database code means that we converting over the same code is not possible the only way around that is to manually set everyone's wage which is not happening.

ppl need to chill the fuck out

I really don't have a problem about the reset but, it's not easy getting a 36 wage. Also I am pretty sure every1 hates the map.
      I am the hope of the Universe. I am the answer to all living things who cry out for peace. I am protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth... ally to good, nightmare to you.

Map looks pretty good at first glance, don't refund people anything it just turns into a big mess.

People have more fun and play more when they're broke, they just don't realize it.

No more money drops please.
      &quot;pseudo want to be mafia gang punks&quot; - Darth Tater