Moving from hl2dm to gmod

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Moving from hl2dm to gmod

If you can understand what I am talking about good.So the idea is simple,we make a hl2dm rp revive on gmod since garry is more caring than valve.

Here we might get if we move to gmod:
      Custom Weapons
      Large amount of fresh Player models for vip such as pedobox, spiderman, slender,etc.
      Cars(and aircraft if anyone likes it)
      A Much Larger server pop.(I seen a 80 server in gmod and might relief the problem with full server in hl2dm)
      Lots of new/old people
      Easier/flexable coding
      Higher Prop capacity than our current capacity
    • Re: Moving from hl2dm to gmod

and what about the ppl that dont own gmod ?
      You wanna disrespect me, you little fuckin&#039; punk?<br />Everything I&#039;ve done to be who I am? As far as I&#039;ve fuckin&#039; come?<br />I&#039;ll slap you so fuckin&#039; hard, It&#039;ll feel like you kissed a freight train.<br />Fuck you!

I got gmod :D
      Too bad I don't have the necessary models for it :(

Well atleast I can get on a server I suppose with purple checkers and errors everywhere :D

+1 to the idea even though we attempted it a long time ago.

o.o I have the weapons from hl2 .. I suppose thats default.
      &lt;a href=&quot;http://steamsignature.com&quot;&gt;&lt;img src=&quot;http://steamsignature.com/profile/default/76561197989684972.png&quot; alt=&quot;&quot; title=&quot;&quot; /&gt;&lt;/a&gt;

The post was edited 1 time, last by Fong Tin-yau ().

well its much easy for me just find another server then get bank account then buy gmod to play on this empty server
      You wanna disrespect me, you little fuckin&#039; punk?<br />Everything I&#039;ve done to be who I am? As far as I&#039;ve fuckin&#039; come?<br />I&#039;ll slap you so fuckin&#039; hard, It&#039;ll feel like you kissed a freight train.<br />Fuck you!

Gmod is good yes.
      There are a vast amounts of content we could add into the server and many many more effects and map choices.
      We may be the dominate server in hl2dm but with gmod having a much larger player base we would have a lot more competition with other servers who would see us as a threat and attack our server.

i know its cheap the problem is i can buy it only on steam and i dont have bank acc so i dont own credit card thats my problem here not the money

Its 10 bucks for gmod alone, 25 bucks for the pack with Gmod and CSS, If you live in the States/Canada you can get a Steam Card thing that has a USD value, I pay 20 bucks Canadian and I get 20 bucks USD on steam, you should also be able to get Pre-Paid Visa cards just about anywhere unless you live in a country that doesn't have pre-paid credit card things. Most GMOD maps are heavily reliant on CSS textures however it is still possible to play without them.

We would have more competition but as long as you don't straight up copy someone else's server or piss off a large group (lol noxiousnet) I don't think we would have to many problems. Not to mention it's A LOT easier to modify GMOD since it's a game designed to be modded unlike HL2DM. I'm just not sure how we would approach it, would we want to make a conversion or customize another RP mod.

Still unsure as the last time we tried this we had issues...we can't use Source Mod unless someone in our community wants to fix it because GMOD 13 changed shit in the source engine that most other games don't and from what I read they don't plan on supporting GMOD anymore.
      Butts.

HalfLife wrote:

Dionysus wrote:

But isn't it normally like $10 or so? That's what I was basing it off of.

9.99?

But without cs there are alot of errors on mostly servers

Playing TTT with no errors. ( I dont have css just gmod and tf2 :D )

Although everyone gun holding location is not at the hands...
      &lt;a href=&quot;http://steamsignature.com&quot;&gt;&lt;img src=&quot;http://steamsignature.com/profile/default/76561197989684972.png&quot; alt=&quot;&quot; title=&quot;&quot; /&gt;&lt;/a&gt;

The only games I'd say you NEED is any HL2/ep1/ep2 for most of the base textures, Maps generally use a lot of CSS textures cause they look better unless you use a map that has no CSS textures in it such as the one we are currently using.

Any other game will simply be mounted for textures that you could spawn however in a server environment usually only hl2 games, css and Day of Defeat Source are used in most of the time. With GMOD last time I checked, you can mount any game you want to be able to spawn stuff from on the server's end, if it isn't mounted on the server you can't spawn it.
      Butts.

The post was edited 1 time, last by ObiWan ().