Why is Zak telling me I can't kill him?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Why is Zak telling me I can't kill him?

I came in the server today and Zak is telling me that there is a rule against RDM now? He is threatening to kick me if I kill him.

I'd hope that a rule that drastic would be run by the community before it were finalized.

So is he lying? Zak deserves to be killed repeatedly because of his personality, I really would like to get back to it.

Thanks.
      "pseudo want to be mafia gang punks" - Darth Tater
    • Re: Why is Zak telling me I can't kill him?

We do have a thing about excessive killing, but admins can tell you not to kill them.

Usually we admins will tell you not to kill us when we are decorating or trying to perform some other task that requires them not being messed with. In other cases if you kill us then we either don't care because we have our admin jobs (and aren't really playing the game at the moment), or we are in player mode and active as a player (thus killing is part of it all).

tl;dr if an admin tells you not to kill them, don't kill them. It's unlikely any of us will tell you not to kill us if we are in player mode. Only exception to this is if an admin kills people, but punishes people for being killed. Then that's abuse.

TF2274_r.2.0 wrote:

We do have a thing about excessive killing, but admins can tell you not to kill them.

Usually we admins will tell you not to kill us when we are decorating or trying to perform some other task that requires them not being messed with. In other cases if you kill us then we either don't care because we have our admin jobs (and aren't really playing the game at the moment), or we are in player mode and active as a player (thus killing is part of it all).

tl;dr if an admin tells you not to kill them, don't kill them. It's unlikely any of us will tell you not to kill us if we are in player mode. Only exception to this is if an admin kills people, but punishes people for being killed. Then that's abuse.

Now Old Doctor is in the server telling me he's going to ban me if I kill his friend, can someone who isn't olddoc/Zak comment on this? An admin forum post I think?

I'd like to hear what the deal is from someone who doesn't spout nonsense all day, there must be some conversation going on here.
      "pseudo want to be mafia gang punks" - Darth Tater

You can kill any admin as long as that admin isnt doing anything that requires him either not moving/dying. Commands such as anything to do with doors/props/decorations require finesse and shouldn't be disturbed.