Map suggestions.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Map suggestions.

Well I said before I was going to do screenshots but I got a better idea. Why not test maps on the new server, for about 2-3 days per map meaning after testing them all and letting the votes for maps come in we can excpect to change maps in about 2 weeks from when the test server airs the maps (wheather or not we should set up bankers and vendors or just show the maps is up to the people that can set them up). So here are all the maps I would suggest and other playres have suggested.

1).
      rp_ice_icity_v6
      + Tons of housing and cool bases.
      + Nice textures and it was mapped well.
      - pretty huge for our server and a bit confusing.

2).
      rp_ovicity_v1
      +Good lighting in some places
      +just enough housing for our server (although constat house wipes will be needed).
      -Some inconsistant lighting and geomotry. (you'll never catch me in the furniture store it has no lighting).

3).
      rp_abusementcity
      +players seemed to like it
      +good housing
      -The map is a buttfuck of every rp map ever made.

4).
      rp_signtumvista
      +It's space, so fairly unique.
      +Nicely put together
      +Plenty of housing
      -Not the best optimised
      *snapshot overflow (unless the bugfix fixes that also)

5).
      rp_hopetown
      + Plenty of housing
      +Fairly cool bases.
      - Poor lighting

6).
      rp_city26_v2
      +Tons of housing
      +Great lighting
      -a little big and confusing at first although nothing to tricky.

Note: Syle if you can't find the maps then I'll just send you the .bsps of it though steam or pm on the forums.
    • Re: Map suggestions.

[C.I.A Director] Old Doc wrote:

thats cause all of you are looking at the very beginning versions of the map Ovicity there is 5 or 6 versions the sp5 Ovicity map is far better than Freemancity less lag too. ive played plenty on version 5 of Ovicity. dont ever go with V1 of maps they are way outdated like (TF said Fps issues) and most maps are not fully done on Version 1

Eldrun you dont have access to the older versions of completed maps because only certain people have the original file and they take the upload off fortunate for me i dont wipe any of my maps so i have alot of old maps that may be locked away now XD haha

Dont act special I too have over 150 maps dating back to 2005.

[C.I.A Director] Old Doc wrote:

Eldrun you dont have access to the older versions of completed maps because only certain people have the original file and they take the upload off fortunate for me i dont wipe any of my maps so i have alot of old maps that may be locked away now XD haha

First off this isn't a compotiton to see who has the most maps. It's a suggestion page for a map change.

Second off I have all these maps + other old fuck maps, I have 98 rp maps installed to my HL2:DM, and if you didn't know I've played on syle maby a month or so after it aired.

I have over 200 other maps that were downloaded form connecting to servers and thats not even counting the ones I downloaded from fpsbanna, or all the other rp maps. Your oldest account was only made in 2009 so you can't have "to old" of maps. And if you try and call me a lier and that "it was made back in like 2003 or 2005" here it is: http://steamcommunity.com/id/25434905

Also the reason I used v1 is because syle told me to because it was a classic, and these are just 5 of what were suggested and MY suggestions.
      so before you every even think of talking to me or anyone else on the forums or in game again give a hard thought about it then type so you don't sound so fucking stupid next time.

[img width=1440 height=900]http://i61.tinypic.com/9syzj9.jpg[/img]

[img width=1440 height=900]http://i57.tinypic.com/qrxmxs.jpg[/img]

I'm backing rp_hopetown_beta_v6 all the fucking way. I don't know Eldrun means about the lighting issue. It has none.

This map has a working gravball court, complete with net sirens. LOTS of individual homes. None of this apartment clusterfuck bullshit. It's the best option and you need to go try it. Its larger than Freeman City though. No bigger than Abusemecity though.

Uptown has shitty houses, and lots of apartments. Ovicity is the same. Hopetown wipes its ass with those maps. Let's try it out.

Ice City and City26 haven't been tried by me, so they MIGHT be decent picks as well. The rest are NOT going to work.
      [ Team Ajax ]

The post was edited 1 time, last by polskon ().

polskon wrote:

I'm backing rp_hopetown_beta_v6 all the fucking way. I don't know Eldrun means about the lighting issue. It has none.

This map has a working gravball court, complete with net sirens. LOTS of individual homes. None of this apartment clusterfuck bullshit. It's the best option and you need to go try it. Its larger than Freeman City though. No bigger than Abusemecity though.

Uptown has shitty houses, and lots of apartments. Ovicity is the same. Hopetown wipes its ass with those maps. Let's try it out.

Ice City and City26 haven't been tried by me, so they MIGHT be decent picks as well. The rest are NOT going to work.

Sorry about that I was somewhat tired when I put this together and just put the poor lighting down for the wrong map (Ment for Icecity and only in some places). I'd also have to agree that hopetown is probally the top canidate. Due to the fact that Ice city is to big for the server and city_26 just doesn't have a right feel to it.