Corrupt

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Those of us in ultor are not corrupt because we are in ultor.

I cannot speak for everyone in the group, but I for one am not corrupt. Every item I have, and all of my money is legitimately earned in player mode. I do try to hold up the rules, but lately there have been some things which have been difficult for me to figure out.

1) There are some things with the admins I do not fully understand. For example, why did Old Doc go from being permanently banned, to getting his admin back and being unbanned? I personally would like to stay out of that issue because I don't want flack from Doc, everyone else, or both, because that's what will happen if I get myself into that issue. Secondly, I do not understand why CIA doors were reset when the owners were not inactive for 2 weeks or longer (yes Doc was perm banned, but I'd still give it the two weeks).

2) Some rules are giving me a bit of a hard time. Mainly this door rule. People are claiming that ajax technically owns all the houses on the map by having keys with their "new system" and others are buying multiple apartments to break the housing rule. Meanwhile if we make it where simply owning a door counts as a house, but having keys to a house does not, then complaints arise when multiple friends buy houses and share keys with each other. There needs to be a solution, and I think I finally have one, but it can only be implemented with some changes to the rp plugin. I sincerely hope to be able to fix some of the issues that have been going on. I want the server to survive for a while longer, and the only way to do that is to keep as many people happy as possible.

3) This addresses bans. We like to avoid bans when possible. A ban means one less potential player can join the server. We already have an almost dead hl2mp player base, then there is the tremendously long download time for players who join the server for the first time ever. Then you factor in those new players who simply don't catch on to rp, and don't like it. Therefore we are more resistant to banning for more frivolous things. The same goes for demotions. Demoting someone is likely to drive them to leave the server, therefore it is hard for us to demote people for two reasons: when is it truly appropriate to demote someone or can the issue be solved by working out the issue with the person, and what will be the consequences of demoting the person.

I am sorry that some things have not been going right. Some admins have acted out of hand, some rules have not been clear and need to be addressed, and some admins have allowed players to break rules. Some of us are trying to make things work out better. Hopefully this issue will be able to be fixed in the near future.
    • TF2274_r.2.0 wrote:

Those of us in ultor are not corrupt because we are in ultor.

I cannot speak for everyone in the group, but I for one am not corrupt. Every item I have, and all of my money is legitimately earned in player mode. I do try to hold up the rules, but lately there have been some things which have been difficult for me to figure out.

1) There are some things with the admins I do not fully understand. For example, why did Old Doc go from being permanently banned, to getting his admin back and being unbanned? I personally would like to stay out of that issue because I don't want flack from Doc, everyone else, or both, because that's what will happen if I get myself into that issue. Secondly, I do not understand why CIA doors were reset when the owners were not inactive for 2 weeks or longer (yes Doc was perm banned, but I'd still give it the two weeks).

2) Some rules are giving me a bit of a hard time. Mainly this door rule. People are claiming that ajax technically owns all the houses on the map by having keys with their "new system" and others are buying multiple apartments to break the housing rule. Meanwhile if we make it where simply owning a door counts as a house, but having keys to a house does not, then complaints arise when multiple friends buy houses and share keys with each other. There needs to be a solution, and I think I finally have one, but it can only be implemented with some changes to the rp plugin. I sincerely hope to be able to fix some of the issues that have been going on. I want the server to survive for a while longer, and the only way to do that is to keep as many people happy as possible.

3) This addresses bans. We like to avoid bans when possible. A ban means one less potential player can join the server. We already have an almost dead hl2mp player base, then there is the tremendously long download time for players who join the server for the first time ever. Then you factor in those new players who simply don't catch on to rp, and don't like it. Therefore we are more resistant to banning for more frivolous things. The same goes for demotions. Demoting someone is likely to drive them to leave the server, therefore it is hard for us to demote people for two reasons: when is it truly appropriate to demote someone or can the issue be solved by working out the issue with the person, and what will be the consequences of demoting the person.

I am sorry that some things have not been going right. Some admins have acted out of hand, some rules have not been clear and need to be addressed, and some admins have allowed players to break rules. Some of us are trying to make things work out better. Hopefully this issue will be able to be fixed in the near future.

Also adding to the fact that we are now a Community Based Server, So you the players can help the community. I personally don't like monitoring people because of previous bans.