Administrator application.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Administrator application.

--Basic info--

In-Game name: BoS.BPN17

SteamID:
    BoS.BPN17 (STEAM_0:1:83647857)

Steam Profile
    : My Steam Profile

Time played:141 hours currently 212 on record in the server. I have 44 hours played in the past 2 weeks.

Skype(Optional):BPNick17

--Questions--

Do you have a mic?: Yes, although I haven't used it much. This is liable to change though. Plus I plan on buying a newer, better one in the future.

Why are you applying for Administration?: I am applying for administration primarily to help new and older player. I believe one of the most important aspects of admin is to help the new players out. I believe its important to help them with financial support and teach them the rules. I can do this by supplying them with arms, drug seeds to give them a head start, and to also show them around the map or certain hot spot locations such as dealers and banks.

How much time can you dedicate to the server?(Include time zone): I can dedicate 2 to 3 hours a day from 7-9:30 in game on the server during the school year and I have all day in the summer which is coming up relatively soon.

What is the proper process to deal with a rule-breakers?:
    The proper process to deal with rule-breakers is to Give them warnings. I believe bans should only happen if completely necessary because of the low player count of hl2dm. Although if they are a repeat offender I will punish them deservingly.

Do you have previous experience as Administrator?: [i]No, not at least on a source engine game. Although I learn quick and since I know Eldrun irl, he could easily come over to my house and teach me the ropes of being a helpful, and trustworthy admin.

Anything else you would like to add?: Nothing besides the fact that I hope you consider this application, and I thank you for the time you took to do so.

-Nick
  • Re: Administrator application.

Sorry if my "charity work" sounded over the top, I primarily meant that I would show them around the map, buying their first round of drugs for them and then give them ~1k to teach them how to use the gun vendor to buy a gun and then buy some ammo for said gun. Although I will cut back on funding players directly and instead possibly give them a place to live temporarily, so basically I'm teaching them the ropes of the game; how to plant drugs, how to buy guns and ammo, and other useful information necessary for success in sylesrp.

Thanks for reading dane, Nick

I can't say much for BPN - but I can say that from what I've seen he's been helpful to any new member that joins, giving them tours and such. As a cop, he's been spot on with obeying the rules and I can see where he could be a good fit for the role. He has a very positive attitude and a great willingness to help.
    sniper santa misslelauncher

Dane Vogel wrote:

We don't hire admins to do charity work. Giving out money and times and as admins see fit is what causes the server economy to become royally f***ed up...

Just gonna throw out that if all he's doing is supplying newer players using his own resources, all that's happening is that those items and that money is being transferred, not created. It really doesn't affect the economy in any negative or significant way.

But I love you Dane.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

This fellow isn't the smartest person I've ever met, but he's been putting forth time and has been a real nice guy, and that is better than a person who knows everything about how to admin but is a total dick any day of the week. That being said this person seems like a pretty good candidate if any experienced admin would have the patience to teach him how the commands and what not work.

But who ever would do this would need a LOT of patience.

From what I've seen the admin list has seen a very recent cut (Probably due to removing more inactive admins that don't play as often as they should) and having this person as a potential trial in the future is probably a smart decision.

I never fucking get how to end these things so stop reading this.

Now.

Quit.

Fuckwit.

Charging headfirst into a whole lotta dakka.

I'm fine with him being a trial admin, but I need Syle's permission to set him up as trial admin.

However, since Syle seems to have been MIA for a bit now, I just need at least one other root admin to agree with making him trial. If I get one more root admin to accept this without any other root admins objecting, then we can proceed.

[size=1pt]Worse case is he fucks up with the few permissions the trial rank has, and then we demote him to Liam.[/size]

I would like to add a few things that have been updated since I posted my application a few months back:
    1. I got a new Skype, you guys can just message me and I'll give it to you.
    2.I purchased a new laptop more capable of hl2dm which includes a built in mic so I'm always in touch of a mic and to the server.
    3. I will have endless time to dedicate in 2 weeks because summer starts, however I will be working normal business days (including weekends) so I can't be on 24/7, but over all can dedicate ALOT more time to the server.
    This is pretty much everything that is new.XD
    Thanks, Nick

TF2274_r.2.0 wrote:

I'm fine with him being a trial admin, but I need Syle's permission to set him up as trial admin.

However, since Syle seems to have been MIA for a bit now, I just need at least one other root admin to agree with making him trial. If I get one more root admin to accept this without any other root admins objecting, then we can proceed.

[size=1pt]Worse case is he fucks up with the few permissions the trial rank has, and then we demote him to Liam.[/size]

Green light

So, as people already know I know Nick in real life, so try not to take this comment as if I am using favoritism or a biased opinion, I would have denied this myself if I thought he was a bad canadite.

Pros:
    - He can come over to my house and I can give him extensive training.
    - he's been around for almost a year now so he's not new to the game.
    - Surprisingly a lot of players do like him and he tries extreamly hard to help new players.
    - He reports /everything/ to me and he's probably the bbiggest goodie two shoes I've ever met on the internet.
    - He's familiar with the rules inside and out, and even is filled in on a few unwritten ones too.
    -Prior admining experience

Cons:
    - Has no prior experiance as a SM admin or any other source game.
    -He's been more inactive lately but it's just because school is wrapping up.
    -Is sometimes fast to judge or do things but I'll help him out on that.

Basicly I'd say he'd make a decent admin but a trial would show a better picture for him and he should definitely receive that first.