HL2DM RP MAP ROTATION SUGGESTION

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• HL2DM RP MAP ROTATION SUGGESTION

I suggest we rotate maps in a certain way. Example for 2 weeks we play on the MAIN MAP then after the 2 weeks we move to one of our Secondary Maps for 1 week, then after that week, move to the other secondary main map for 1 week, then after that back to the MAIN MAP, and so on and so fourth - no door resets changing out 1 of the 3 maps is of course up to the server, but beaware, SOMEONE is probaly not going to get a full refund for lost doors on a map we wont be returning to. I suggest the map rotations so that we dont get burnt out on just 1 map so Quickly, and also locks/lockbreakers/doors will be more subject to roleplay seeing how you may have 1000locks on 1 map, then you have nothing on the other map as if youre starting like a noob. This will also help new players better compare to those who are so Rich. WE could also just do 2 main maps, rotate every 2 weeks.

PLease add me on steam if you're interested for further discussions.
  • Re: HL2DM RP MAP ROTATION SUGGESTION

I strongly disagree.
    Maybe it didnt work out well because there was too many maps at once? Along with a reset, and some players were unware of exactly what the server was doing. IN this suggestion there will be a reason given (maybe in the MOTD) on why the map has changed, and new/old players everyday should be told that your doors on the other map will not be lost, and we will return to other map later, and of course come back to the current one, no doors bought are wasted.

It was explained to players on both the forums and in-game. Our player base sufferd immensely after each rotation untill we eventually ended the rotation back on fmc.

The biggest problem was with new players who had previously just bought a property and dud not understand why we switched, and thus left the server because their invested time was "wasted".

Personally I liked it for myself because we could experience new maps each month instead of being stuck on the same map for multiple months but the problems above do not outweigh my personal preferences.

I could spend probably no less than 10,000 lines of text explaining to you why this is horrendous. But I'm not.
    Eldrun said it in its most basic of terms. It's been drafted, planned, announced, prepped, and executed. No matter how much time we gave people to prepare, we lost about 90% of player base( excluding admins) after each rotation.

On paper and in theory it worked but after executing the plan it all fell apart around us.

I still disagree, i believe there was a reason related to the map rotation on why they left. and i also believe the map rotation was done in a fashion that players would quit. It is a good idea if the plan is executed correctly, in which case if the idea is entertained shouldn't be too hard to do. and im saying rotating 2maps in 1 month 1 map or 2 weeks, then the other map,no door resets. OR rotating between 2 maps every 7 days

If you won't listen to two admins who were involved in map rotations in the past then you are a fool.
    Also, we did do exactly that. Inventories, doors and wages/banks were untouched and still wes had severe population loss.

Youre gonna call me a fool because of that? excuse me, being an admin on a server doesnt give them the YEARS of experienced on MANY servers that ive seen come and go through out my time on HL2DM, further more theres no garentee that they look and study the sames things i do in this game. SO being in admin power doesnt mean that you know how to balance a RP mod and do things right, not trying to insult anyone, but i stateing a fact. I dont see myself above anyone else, but i dont beleive that the admin is right just because hes an admin and knows it all, that is bullshit. ADmins are dumb just like anyone else. lol

Did you even stop to think how long Dane has played rp? Probably longer than you or close to even with you, and he hasn't co-owned a successful server for 6, almost 7 years without knowing how to balance an rp mod over the years. Now perhaps the admin comment should be discounted but we both witnessed what our planning preparation and execution of map rotations did.

Most everyone that went though the map rotation would agree that our numbers will drop, even more so that it is not summer time.

KuroShukun wrote:

I still disagree, i believe there was a reason related to the map rotation on why they left. and i also believe the map rotation was done in a fashion that players would quit. It is a good idea if the plan is executed correctly, in which case if the idea is entertained shouldn't be too hard to do. and im saying rotating 2maps in 1 month 1 map or 2 weeks, then the other map,no door resets. OR rotating between 2 maps every 7 days

From what saw when we did that, me rotated to random maps, doors were left even when returning to older maps, and im not saying a NEW MAP EVERY MONTH, i am saying 2 MAPS ONLY for MONTHS and rotate between the maps every week or every 2 weeks

I believe a map rotation needs to be tried again, with the currently map still being the same, but only choose 1-2 other MAIN MAPS, and do the map rotation better this time so that players understand. If was a failure the first time for a REASON, and that reason can be FIXED. I suggest we try again with my idea on how to do it.

I hate to throw my authority around because it makes me seem like an asshole, but this is one of those times where it's nessisary.

We, meaning myself, Syle, and the others who make final decision here are not and will not be having any time of map rotations in or around the near to near-distant future. Period.

OF course that is your choice, and that is your decisions, but i still highly recommend adding 1 other map to play on that we rotate to after 7 days on the current map, then 7 days on the 2nd map, then back to the other map.
    Im trying to invite completely new players to HL2DM RP but many players automaticly quit because the current map they state is "unappealing" or "very weird" or "trolly looking" or "annoying to travel on"
    I myself, i really dont have much of a problem with that map, but i believe if that kind of map is a map we are going to use, we should have a secondary map we change to every 7 days then for like 6-12 months or how ever long just rotate between those 2 maps every 7 days... how could that Rage quit anyone? Players would quickly get used to that, and it would also NERF those players that are filthy rich, and HELP those who are just started out on the server or EVEN started out HL2DM RP for their first time PERIOD.

GO out to other games and inviteing players is very hard to do, and its very annoying once i get players in and they quit because of a map.. and no other reason. I beleive that idea would suit EVERYONE.. but its yal's final decision of course, but i STRONGLY recommend it.

Also please check out my other post about ECO changes/balances/fixes and jobs, i'd love to start discussing changes and improvements that would suit us all and NOT rage quit any players.

I would say hush and lock this topic

But, you know.

This shouldn't even be a discussion. The pain that the rotation brought was too much.

Change the map sometime in the future? Sure.

Swap out the map every month or so? Fuck off.
    Charging headfirst into a whole lotta dakka.