Revision #4

• Map change 5/29/15, Midnight
      You will need to remove your locks and sell your doors.

There will be testing in the meantime, and further optimizations to make. The map will be done before then, but this will give two weeks from now for all you little shits to sell your doors and remove your locks.

The map has changed enough that all the entity IDs and shit will be different from the other map.

Ffs, this means it has taken four full revisions to actually be any good.

The post was edited 1 time, last by CaveJohnson ().

• Re: Revision #4

TF2274_r.2.0 wrote:

Map change 5/29/15, Midnight

There will be testing in the meantime, and further optimizations to make. The map will be done before then, but this will give two weeks from now for all you little shits to sell your doors and remove your locks.

The map has changed enough that all the entity IDs and shit will be different from the other map.

In-game message says the 19th.
      Dunno which ones the in correct one.

Will run another map test tomorrow.

Also, I added a really nice optimization for the huge number of static props I added.
      Basically instead of making the props fade and disappear based on player distance from the static prop, I made the static prop fade based on the width, in pixels, the prop takes up on your screen. Additionally the vis leaves are optimized fairly decently. This way the props will be less likely to be drawn when they can't be seen, but at the same time they won't be drawn if they are too far from you to be noticeable. If you pay close enough attention, you may notice some props fading and disappearing at far distances in a couple scenarios, but it shouldn't be too noticeable. Plus it does help with the framerate. I did a test on my own. I went around the whole map. I averaged 300+ fps (fps_cap is 300 in my settings). The only place where I dipped down to about 210 to 250 fps was when I was over the middle of the lake looking back at the main city area. If you are in the middle of the lake, but not so far away that the Z-clip starts to gobble up the city from view, then so much stuff is visible that there's not much the engine can not render. So yeah, so far I've only found that one spot in the middle of the lake where fps gets a tad shaky.

Also note that the map is optimized for player space, aka the space intended for the typical player to navigate around. Places that can only be accessed by plugins (noclip, evilrocket, placing props to allow players to go between rooftops, double jump, etc.) will likely drop your framerate in a number of areas due to how I optimized the visleafs. Just note that those areas don't count if they are poorly optimized because they aren't intended for regular players to visit, even though I made the map to allow for players to do that if they wanted to because everyone wanted to be able to go to those unintended areas of the map. Basically, I'm not wasting resources on those unintended areas, and instead I'm using all the resources for the bulk of the map where most players will spend most of their time playing.
      Tomorrow I will put the last test map onto the server and we can go for a test drive.

TF2274_r.2.0 wrote:

for all you little shits
      [img width=300 height=300]http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Angry-Meme-Gif-Expresses-His-Feelings.gif[/img][size=8pt][12:34 AM] [???] Vegeta :  i have big plans for u candy[/size]

Candybar244 wrote:

TF2274_r.2.0 wrote:

for all you little shits

And the biggest shit of all ^^

Eldrun wrote:

Candybar244 wrote:

TF2274_r.2.0 wrote:

for all you little shits

And the biggest shit of all ^^

Yes yes, the one you made....
      [img width=300 height=300]http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Angry-Meme-Gif-Expresses-His-Feelings.gif[/img][size=8pt][12:34 AM] [???] Vegeta :  i have big plans for u candy[/size]
    • Users Online 1

1 Guest