Continues,eassidezz Admin Abuse, 30 min banning me for no reason

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Continues,eassidezz Admin Abuse, 30 min banning me for no reason

This is to Eldrun,

In response to your last comment guilty until proved innocent.

Most of the banns are based that way, having the banner being judge and executioner.

Why won't you even look into why I was banned for 30 minutes
      did you even look at my source ban?
      Did you ask the other staffers I mentioned?

I would suggest nothing more than taking his admin for a few days.

and Eldrum a common complaint I hear is posting to the forum is essentially useless unless you happen to have a demo.
      Are most players right in that assessment?
    • Re: Continues,eassidezz Admin Abuse, 30 min banning me for no reason

I was praticing with props in my appt. I dont have an accurate description of the event, which means im not really a whitness due to the fact i wasnt auctually watching the event take place.(would like to clarify that).

China: Im glad you decided to come back to us to continue enjoying years of Cold community tradition... Sylesrp on !!! :)
      Thanks, BPN17.

The post was edited 1 time, last by BPN17 ().

Eas can do as he likes; he says so - I have heard him. Most of us accept it. Anyway, he is indispensable.
      Perhaps you could consider it a test of your mettle? [mettle - The ability to meet a challenge or persevere under demanding circumstances; determination or resolve]

chinasyndrome wrote:

This is to Eldrun,

In response to your last comment guilty until proved innocent.

Most of the banns are based that way, having the banner being judge and executioner.

I first would like to point out this above statement is /very/ flawed, not only are /all/ bans done by admins suppose to be extremely though in making sure said player is really breaking the rules that others are complaining about or the admin sees, I have suggested to most of the greener admins (trial and basics) to actually record demos of them rule breaking before banning them, in case the player makes an appeal and uses the excuse that the new admin made a mistake in banning them.

There is also a admin forum where all iffy bans are to be discussed with the admin team, and sometimes the player isn't banned at all and a demo is presented first. Communication is key into making sure staff abuse does not happen, or to prevent further mistakes.

A first hand example of you being wrong in this is when three of the four new trials were online by themselves about two to three days ago. A troublesome player (who's name I forget) who had just joined the server was accused of aim-botting, and so the three admins worked together to find out if it was true or not, because they were limited in commands they could use to better detect if it was true or not and that there demo(s) the recorded of the situation didn't really show the player actually aim-botting they decided to drop it but tell the rest of the admins to keep in eye out on him in-case he does try to do this again.

chinasyndrome wrote:

Why won't you even look into why I was banned for 30 minutes
      did you even look at my source ban?
      Did you ask the other staffers I mentioned?

I did look into why you were banned for thirty minutes, I checked source bans to check how long the ban was, reason, and the admin that banned you. And although the reason was "stoplol" this is the way Eas usually uses his bans, although not always helpful with helping admins figure out what the said member was banned for.

The forums is also here so the staff members can discuss on the topic what they saw happen, and they have had their opportunity and still do, having a ban request denied does not mean more admins cannot post on the thread, it is more borderline pending/denied, and if no one else post about it then the ban is dropped and denied.

chinasyndrome wrote:

I would suggest nothing more than taking his admin for a few days.
      and Eldrum a common complaint I hear is posting to the forum is essentially useless unless you happen to have a demo.
      Are most players right in that assessment?

Again, you're asking me to /demote/ a /trusted/ member of the server (Because we don't just employ any dipshit to admin here in-case you didn't notice) because your word or someone else. You presented absolutely no proof or legitimate reason why Eas should be demoted. Again like I said you are saying that your word and one or two others players are enough to get a staff member demoted from there position, especially one at such a high rank.

And no I wouldn't say a complaint on the forums is essentially useless, because if you get enough trusted people into saying something on this thread we can always check the logs. You can also just take a screenshot of the chat logs in console of what happened, but demos are the best way to go about things because this way you get a fuller picture of what happened and not a he said she said story. Because with your logic if I got to other players to dislike you or pay them off I can just get you permanently banned for hacking. The system of record demos and screenshot is the safest way to assure no one is accused wrongfully of something they really didn't do.

Now, addressing Koala's comment:

Koala wrote:

Eas can do as he likes; he says so - I have heard him. Most of us accept it. Anyway, he is indispensable.
      Perhaps you could consider it a test of your mettle? [mettle - The ability to meet a challenge or persevere under demanding circumstances; determination or resolve]

Eas can say this if he wants, and sometimes yes it true, but it's not entirely, Eas has been demoted from admin before and it can surely happen again if he does anything stupid. But unlike what Chyna's story says, which I'm not saying it's not true but I'm not saying it's fact yet either, he usually /does/ have a reason to ban people, either them being a dick to the server, disrespecting him or something in between, he's not just going to ban some random new player that just joined and hasn't said anything.

Thank you for typing out your concerns and iff you have any further questions feel free to ask them here.

-Eldrun

The post was edited 1 time, last by eldrun ().