Gang Bases and Gang member houses.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Re: Gang Bases and Gang member houses.

Eld said "Honestly I'm not sure why this is being brought up, I have seen no problems and we're just fixing something that isn't broken in the first place."

Well, the Wiki is SUPPOSED to be CORRECT.
    I brought this up because it is unfinished business - the Wiki needs to be corrected OR the stated rules enforced.

[PS I have been 'helping' BobV with MOTD and Wiki topics]

Koala wrote:

Eld said "Honestly I'm not sure why this is being brought up, I have seen no problems and we're just fixing something that isn't broken in the first place."

I brought this up because it is unfinished business - the Wiki needs to be corrected OR the stated rules enforced.

NAG NAG NAG I'VE ASKED FOR ACCESS TO THE WIKI SEVERAL TIMES NAG NAG NAG
    Charging headfirst into a whole lotta dakka.

Koala wrote:

Yes this needs to be corrected.... Koala and I have been dealing with incorrect rules for months, squashing them getting them updated etc and even though it's a pain to talk about at times. It needs to be done. Anyone who isn't blindly playing should be able to see that even among admin staff and even among roots etc there are Admins and even normal players enforcing rules that either no longer exist, never existed in the first place or haven't been informed of any changes. I can think of 7 different rules off the top of my head in the past two months where players have been complaining about or punished for that no one seems to know exactly how the said rule was intended to be.

Honestly I'm not sure why this is being brought up, I have seen no problems and we're just fixing something that isn't broken in the first place.

The staff that play daily and engage with the community dealing with players are seeing problems. If this isn't broken and doesn't need fixing, then the general census can be that the rule gets tossed. Until that point it will be brought up and discussed.

This is a good time to really evaluate how things are done and bring some proper organization to the server that it needs. Rather than hiding the problem and pretending it's not causing issues or pretending it doesn't have the possibility to cause future issues.

The post was edited 1 time, last by BobVeka ().

Ive said i wanted a key limit of around 15 for each player and a hard coded /buydoor limit of 1. I want gang memebers to forfiet property becaude they should have the fuckin gang base to use. Why even have one if your members are just going to buy up other property taking it away from noobs. Its a dumb system currently for gangs that soley relies on gang owners integrity. Eas
    Layed groundwork for a better gang mod with myql but never finished. It should be a npc you can go to manage members and items you can buy to upgrade. Once a member is flagged as gang member they auto get keys to the base bought by the leader and are refunded any property. Perhaps they can still gain keys to friends apts but still have the global limit of like 15 they cant go over.

As a side note Cops should loose any keys they have as rebel temporarily while playing cop.

Eld was chpping away at somthing good aswell but this requires a dev of which we dont really have. Bob is limited in skill and i am in time. We can still try though

Summarising - it appears to me that Syle wants the concept stated in the Wiki. Very few players have been able to figure what the wiki meant, so, I want to re-word it along these lines....[taking into account Syle's onebase change]

1). Gang has one Base.
    2). Gang members do not Own any doors outside the Base.
    3). Gang members do not have Keys to any doors outside the Base.

For Rule part 3), amend so that VIP can still have the VIP Restricted doors [ie entrance to stairs, TP and NPCs] ?

Syle? Can we hand this simplified wording on to Bob to Publish now?

Koala wrote:

Summarising - it appears to me that Syle wants the concept stated in the Wiki. Very few players have been able to figure what the wiki meant, so, I want to re-word it along these lines....[taking into account Syle's onebase change]

1). Gang has one Base.

For Rule part 3), amend so that VIP can still have the VIP Restricted doors [ie entrance to stairs, TP and NPCs] ?

No keys to outside housing is goddamn ridiculous. Set it to a limit of some sort.

Koala wrote:

1). Gang has one Base.

The only way we can do it isnif we code a key limit of around 15 for every player regardless of gang ties. Key limit i mean keys not ownership.

Syle wrote:

Koala wrote:

1). Gang has one Base.

The only way we can do it isnif we code a key limit of around 15 for every player regardless of gang ties. Key limit i mean keys not ownership.

Key limit per person or per house? So, I can only have keys to 15 houses for example, Or I can only give 15 keys to my house. How would this help anything gang wise? I might be getting confused through this discussion or something.

If we are trying to ensure there is enough housing available for everyone. Perhaps an auto sell after 30 days of inactivity or something that ensures multi millionaires aren't buying houses that new players can actually afford.

Considering this "rule" on the wiki is actually from a page in the house guide and never appears in the motd. I'm more for removing it as long as it's discussed for awhile, I see merit in the rule and clearly it needs to be discussed, but I see little benefit in the rule now that the discussion alone has caused members to completely leave a gang. Bos partly disbanding for example due to this rule that isn't even added yet, isn't solving more available houses at all. And at least until this map changes, I can't see there actually being an issue at least on this map for quite some time. But I do see some merit in encouraging players to share houses. Like tracking who put what locks on the door and letting players remove them so sharing houses doesn't put the financial of locks on just one person for example.

Eldrun wrote:

Still just saying segregating against established gangs is pretty fucking stupid especially when regular players do the same exact thing. I feel like the rule and "code idea" I posted would fix the whole problem.

Oh I certainly agree the rule has flaws. I just want to make sure it's throughly discussed to make sure we can't get something good out of it. But already seeing the results, I'm for removing the text as long as we don't simply ignore it and I'm happy it's been brought up.

The post was edited 1 time, last by BobVeka ().

The Wiki and the MOTD both contain rules. That have to be current and correct.

We have been discussing a Wiki rule. I find the original wording hard to understand. Syle made one change to the concept [1 gang base, not 2]. I have proposed a simpler wording.

1). Gang has one Base.
    3). Gang members do not have Keys to any doors outside the Base.[VIPs retain keys to VIP stairs, TP and NPCs].

Syle? Is the rule staying or going? There is no coding required for this.

Syle wrote:

1). Gang has one Base.

#3 15 key limit codeed in

Key Limit has been coded in OR still needs to be coded in?

If it still needs to be coded in can it be taken on 'trust' for now? We can't leave a half-working rule Published - that is how this topic came up in the first place.

[Interesting that the limit is felt necessary; I haven't had the impression that many players had tons of keys. And, without Gang Members actually owning houses there is probably a lot less scope for the handing out of keys. I suppose, now, that the 'giving' of a key to gang members awards a certain amount of protetction from the Gang to that site/house. (politics).]

if me and 3 buddys are bos we all have keys to bos base. some fuckboi(not in bos but allied with) can go out and buy an apt and share keys with the 4 of us. now bos basicly has 2 bases.

this is why i want a key limit so me and my 3 buddys from bos can only have access to a certain number of doors. limiting the amount of overally property bos has control of. Allowing for more opposition and opportunity for non gang bos members to thrive.

i would be for gang members not allowed to own any keys or property outside the base but that would cause problems if someone wants keys to a non gang related friends house. So a key limit is the next best thing. Its not coded in yet and i have no idea when it will be. proly when eas is around again and we finish mysql doors

Syle wrote:

if me and 3 buddys are bos we all have keys to bos base. some fuckboi(not in bos but allied with) can go out and buy an apt and share keys with the 4 of us. now bos basicly has 2 bases.

this is why i want a key limit so me and my 3 buddys from bos can only have access to a certain number of doors. limiting the amount of overally property bos has control of. Allowing for more opposition and opportunity for non gang bos members to thrive.

i would be for gang members not allowed to own any keys or property outside the base but that would cause problems if someone wants keys to a non gang related friends house. So a key limit is the next best thing. Its not coded in yet and i have no idea when it will be. proly when eas is around again and we finish mysql doors

Now the thing is if that bos base has more than one door, do they detract from the total of outside key you can have too? Or are they seperate?

Syle wrote:

Back to my original reason for this post... I want to put the current rule in Wiki/MOTD.
    Can we take the limit on trust until it gets coded?

We need to know what to write in the Rules right now.

Koala wrote:

Syle wrote:

Back to my original reason for this post... I want to put the current rule in Wiki/MOTD.

11Jun2015:-
    Koala-[CLL]-???-[.au]:... Are the Rules to mention one gang base / no houses right now? or not?
    syle (2): yes
    syle (2): they are
    syle (2): 1 gang base
    syle (2): no members own house
    Koala-[CLL]-???-[.au]: [and let them have keys until it is coded? OR take iot on trust that they obey the 15 ?
    syle (2): dont even put that in
    syle (2): cause theres no way to enforce it
    Koala-[CLL]-???-[.au]: ok
    syle (2): and we just code it in later

Koala wrote:

Koala wrote:

Syle wrote:

11Jun2015:-
    Koala-[CLL]-???-[.au]:... Are the Rules to mention one gang base / no houses right now? or not?
    syle (2): yes
    syle (2): they are
    syle (2): 1 gang base
    syle (2): no members own house
    Koala-[CLL]-???-[.au]: [and let them have keys until it is coded? OR take iot on trust that they obey the 15 ?
    syle (2): dont even put that in
    syle (2): cause theres no way to enforce it
    Koala-[CLL]-???-[.au]: ok
    syle (2): and we just code it in later

You um...sure that's syle right there?