Gang Bases and Gang member houses.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Gang Bases and Gang member houses.

The Wiki seems to be saying that a Gang can have two ordinary houses or a large base as their communal living/working space and that the members can not own any houses once that limit is reached.
    [The examples given are from the Freeman City map.]
    I find the wording ambiguous though; could we discuss it here and then ask BobVeka to clarify it in the Wiki?

Here is the current wording:-

Wiki House Guide:-

- As a Gang Leader you can have one house. If a player bought a house for that gang. Then that player's house will contribute the amount of houses the Gang Leader can have. For example if the Gang Leader bought a base. And one of the members bought a base and contribute it to the gang. Then the leader can not buy another house. This equals 2 houses.

Wiki House limit:-
    *This is an in-depth guide about the limit of houses you can own*

Players not in a gang:
    Players who are not in a gang is allowed only one house to be bought.

Players that are in a gang:
    Yes you guys can own two houses but as a whole. Meaning if anyone in the gang bought a house then it contribute to the whole.

For example: If the gang leader bought one house then the whole gang can only buy one more.

If the gang reached the limit of two houses. Then no member or leader can buy another.

Simple enough right? Ok so lets move on to what a house is worth:

*Some houses worth so much that they count as two houses*

Such as:
    Mansions
    Graveyard
    Hidden Wall
    House above Cafe
    This means if a gang member bought this or gang leader then the whole gang can only use that house. They can no longer buy any other houses.

• Re: Gang Bases and Gang member houses.

Very interested to see if the rule is in place still as well. If it is, I've not seen it enforced since i've joined the server, other than the change of ones gang base being their only home if they own the base.

The way some of the wording is, implies a lot of individual gang members would have to sell their houses. Which I suppose could be reasonable, but this appears to be either a discontinued rule or one of those rules where all the long term members know, but none of the new members do. If it's the latter I can update everything globally across the forum, wiki, motd, etc.

The post was edited 1 time, last by BobVeka ().

The whole "One gang base can count as two" thing shouldn't be a rule, it comes down to personal opinion at that point. Personally the crypt back on FMC wouldn't count as two bases, it wasn't that big to begin with.

Every building should count as one base, no matter the size or complexity. Whether it's the bunker or a small apartment, it should still only count as 1.

That being said the two bases for each gang should be enforced a little better. 2 bases, no more than that, and members can't own their own personal housing. That's how it should be.
    Charging headfirst into a whole lotta dakka.

Eldrun wrote:

VigorousSnow wrote:

Eldrun wrote:

- gangs can have one base
    - members can have one house but may not give members of the gang keys for /free/

That's what the rule was. Not sure if we changed this though.

When was this ever the rule

Since CIA bought an /entire/ apartment complex.

The rule back on fmc was always 2 gang bases no personal housing.

VigorousSnow wrote:

Eldrun wrote:

VigorousSnow wrote:

Eldrun wrote:

- members can have one house but may not give members of the gang keys for /free/

Before that event happend ;)

Eldrun wrote:

VigorousSnow wrote:

Eldrun wrote:

VigorousSnow wrote:

Eldrun wrote:

What

just make the rule fuckin 2 gang bases no personal housing you fuckin jews

VigorousSnow wrote:

Eldrun wrote:

VigorousSnow wrote:

Eldrun wrote:

VigorousSnow wrote:

Eldrun wrote:

What

Gangs would be made obsolete then

Eldrun wrote:

VigorousSnow wrote:

Eldrun wrote:

VigorousSnow wrote:

Eldrun wrote:

VigorousSnow wrote:

Eldrun wrote:

What

Gangs would be made obsolete then

This was the rule for a long while on fmc, gangs did pretty alright there if I remember correctly.

Eldrun wrote:

Presumably "..members can have one house .." means each? [This is the sort of ambiguity existing in the Wiki too.]

But "....not give...keys for /free/" ?
    So a dollar is OK? From the work involved in checking/enforcing, ths should be either NO Keys ... OR.... Keys are OK.

Syle wrote:

Old confusingn as fuck rule. Now its one house per person one base per gang.

Gang members shsouldnt be allowed to own keys or houses imo other than the base but thats hard to enforce

So, we enforce it. Gang memberships are posted, just wish we had [slightly? :o] better door tools.

Are these going to be the rules then?
    1). Gang has one Base.
    2). Gang members do not Own any doors outside the Base.
    3). Gang members do not have Keys to any doors outside the Base.

For Rule part 3), amend so that VIP can still have the VIP Restricted doors [ie entrance to stairs, TP and NPCs] ?

Koala wrote:

Syle wrote:

Gang members shsouldnt be allowed to own keys or houses imo other than the base but thats hard to enforce

So, we enforce it. Gang memberships are posted, just wish we had [slightly? :o] better door tools.

1). Gang has one Base.

For Rule part 3), amend so that VIP can still have the VIP Restricted doors [ie entrance to stairs, TP and NPCs] ?

pretty much

Syle wrote:

Koala wrote:

Syle wrote:

1). Gang has one Base.

pretty much

Now are you talking about one SINGLE base? That's not enough for a whole gang. Two minimum.

Koala wrote:

Syle wrote:

1). Gang has one Base.

Not for anything - but only having keys to the gang base kind of takes the luster of being in a gang away... it makes the game very one sided. I understand not having a house - but limiting someones reach on the map doesn't seem like the smartest of ideas. Just my view =)
    sniper santa misslelauncher

420alex wrote:

Koala wrote:

Syle wrote:

1). Gang has one Base.

Not for anything - but only having keys to the gang base kind of takes the luster of being in a gang away... it makes the game very one sided. I understand not having a house - but limiting someones reach on the map doesn't seem like the smartest of ideas. Just my view =)

It /COULD/ be okay if the perks were vamped up -just since it sounds like cops in gangs are the ones getting the shit end of the deal here.. The only perk from my point of view would be access to the gang base but hoo theres plenty cooler places on the map I'd rather be half the time.
    sniper santa misslelauncher

Koala wrote:

1). Gang has one Base.

These rules will make gangs obsolete as hell, taking the already low amount of conflict and lower it even more making things extreamly boring. Honestly I'm not sure why this is being brought up, I have seen no problems and we're just fixing something that isn't broken in the first place.

Let me explain why trying to enforce a rule like this will be a extremely poor decision.

Firstly, and the biggest problem, without clan tags unofficial gangs will pop up. The reason this turns into a problem is when a group of friends decide to exchange keys to there homes, but since they're not in a gang it's completely legal, and even if you want to this will be hard to enforce if a rule is made.

The group of friends: BPN, syle, dane, eld, bobveka, eas.

We all decide we want to buy homes for each of us, so our unofficial gang splits the money six ways and buys homes. Then we all exchange keys, meaning we have basically ownership to five other homes.

Now, the same friends decide they want to wear a clan tag, they all pool there money and then... Oh wait... They're in a gang and can only have one home... So they get screwed over when someone without a clan tag did the same exact thing...

The next problem that comes to mind is that gangs create conflict, and if this decision is made gangs become obsolete meaning your getting rid of the already low amount of conflict. This causes the server to get boring and just a grind for money and then get boring fast.

The last problem although harder to explain is that you're making housing restrictions harder than they already are in simple terms. I'll type it out later when I return from the lake.

One reason why this could work though is it will have the gang on putting all their locks on one base which would be nice.

TL;DR

-Gangs become obsolete

-Conflict between gangs/gangs vs player kos will no longer happen.

-Lack of already limited conflict will make the server boring and a repetitive grind.

-Without "official" gangs large scale key exchanges will happen making what you're trying to prevent harder to prevent and enforce.

So enough with my ranting. Here's my suggestion Although a bit of coding is needed for Part of it. To make the door system more efficent.

---------------

Rules for normal players:
    -You may own one house.

- You may hold keys to two (three for vips) other homes ((I'll explain how this will work later)). Unless you do not own a home, then you may have one additional key holding.

Rules for players in a gang:

-All regular member rules apply to gang member rules.

-ESTABLISHED leader may own ONE gang base, no one out of the gang may hold keys.
    -----------------
    How this will be coded to make the door system work a hell of a lot better will be below.

Door commands/coding:

"/setfrontdoor <price>"
    This command will make a door a "front door " players may only "/buydoor" one front door.

Coding for key holdings that will be needed will be a script that allows a player to hold keys to only 3 front doors for regular members and 4 for vips. ((Yes this counts the door you own if you have one)).

And if this is implemented rules are not really needed because the code will already make sure you can't break them.

If there is any further questions just ask. I'll reformat this when I get home so it's easisr to understand.

The post was edited 1 time, last by eldrun ().