Cops and kickdoor costs

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Cops and kickdoor costs

(Made this so it wouldn't have to be discussed further in a police application)

I've seen that people have been talking alot about the kickdoor cost recently. It's extremely hard for cops to make any sort of money with that huge cost 1.5k kicking in multiple doors just to make less than 1000 dollars(Or whatever that crazy australian money is called for koala).

Personally, I really like TF's idea, except of course make the crime for no cost 4000, because that's the only time you're legally aloud to kickdoor anyways. If a person with 4000+ crime and they have keys to the door that you kick, then you are not charged, if they don't then you are, yadayadayada.

Well....even more personally, I would make kickdoor cost nothing altogether. I could honestly care less about a few thousand dollars if I'm going to abuse it anyway. the real reason you don't want to abuse it is because you'll have your fuckin cop taken from you. Think of kickdoor like an admin command I suppose, you can use it all you want, but only when you need to and it's appropriate. If admins went around setting people to the asshole job and slaying everyone on the server (haha) then they'd have admin taken away from them wouldn't they? It's the same situation with cops and kickdoor. If a cop went around kicking every door on the server and taking all the drugs someone better take that fuckers cop away on the spot.

xoxo,

VigorousSnow
      Charging headfirst into a whole lotta dakka.
    • Re: Cops and kickdoor costs

My opinion is still on the higher side of the crime scale.
      Currently to break even on a /kickdoor (Assuming only 1 door needs to be kicked) the Criminal needs 15-16k Crime. (This doesn't include if Plants are growing)
      Currently alot of the places people are staying on the map require atleast 2 /kickdoor. This is insane for a Job that already gives very little profit.
      I play Cop basically the entire time I'm online unless doing Admin Duties. Pretty sure anyone who plays regularly can confirm this.
      I play Cop mainly since I enjoy chasing and arresting people so I can't really complain but a little extra money here and there wouldn't be a bad thing.
      There's a reason so many players Apply to be Cop then never switch to it after seeing just how little you make, another reason being at times there's literally no crime thus no way to make Cash.

Enough with my little Rant though.
      For /kickdoor to be Free I'd suggest 10-15k crime required by the player and they must have keys to the door.
      Kinda on the same Note I'd like there to be a vendor/store-room/deposit-box or something along those lines that make taking Plants/Printers and Searching a Player to take Drugs worthwhile.
      Currently if a Player has 1g or 20,000g of Kush and you Search them you get $100. Breaking a 1g or 300g Plant gives $250 each. Those seem extremely low.

Volar wrote:

Currently to break even on a /kickdoor (Assuming only 1 door needs to be kicked) the Criminal needs 15-16k Crime. (This doesn't include if Plants are growing)
      Currently alot of the places people are staying on the map require atleast 2 /kickdoor. This is insane for a Job that already gives very little profit.
      I play Cop basically the entire time I'm online unless doing Admin Duties. Pretty sure anyone who plays regularly can confirm this.
      I play Cop mainly since I enjoy chasing and arresting people so I can't really complain but a little extra money here and there wouldn't be a bad thing.
      There's a reason so many players Apply to be Cop then never switch to it after seeing just how little you make, another reason being at times there's literally no crime thus no way to make Cash.

For /kickdoor to be Free I'd suggest 10-15k crime required by the player and they must have keys to the door.
      Kinda on the same Note I'd like there to be a vendor/store-room/deposit-box or something along those lines that make taking Plants/Printers and Searching a Player to take Drugs worthwhile.
      Currently if a Player has 1g or 20,000g of Kush and you Search them you get $100. Breaking a 1g or 300g Plant gives $250 each. Those seem extremely low.

Seeing players with that amount of crime is very uncommon. It would be a mistake, in my personal opinion, to raise it that high.

I could maybe understand a raise to 5-6k crime for kickdoor though, but no higher than that.

VigorousSnow wrote:

Volar wrote:

Seeing players with that amount of crime is very uncommon. It would be a mistake, in my personal opinion, to raise it that high.

I could maybe understand a raise to 5-6k crime for kickdoor though, but no higher than that.

I see players just about everyday reach 10-20k. Is it a Majority? No not by a long shot but it is common. I usually wait outside their house or near the vendor they use to sell if I don't want to /kickdoor.

I will Admit that since the Map has swapped to R4 those Crime levels are becoming more and more rare and we're getting alot more activity which causes players to only get to 5-8k before being Bounty Killed or Cuffed on a Run.

6-8k I could see being a more reasonable range for the /kickdoor command - Cost Free.

Volar wrote:

VigorousSnow wrote:

Volar wrote:

I see players just about everyday reach 10-20k. Is it a Majority? No not by a long shot but it is common. I usually wait outside their house or near the vendor they use to sell if I don't want to /kickdoor.

I will Admit that since the Map has swapped to R4 those Crime levels are becoming more and more rare and we're getting alot more activity which causes players to only get to 5-8k before being Bounty Killed or Cuffed on a Run.

6-8k I could see being a more reasonable range for the /kickdoor command - Cost Free.

The thing bout raising it to 8k is that you could essentially have 2 safe harvests (Planting 3 plants and picking them up) and be safe from kickdoor. The reason the drug grower job is so profitable is because it is balanced out by extra risks, like other players stealing said plants and drugs, and cops arresting and kicking doors. With the kickdoor crime set that high players are going to be able to sit safely behind that door and make...what....18k without worry of kickdoor? Each time?

I don't know, 8k is too much. Has to be something under that. Don't know if what I'm saying makes any sense.

VigorousSnow wrote:

Volar wrote:

VigorousSnow wrote:

Volar wrote:

The thing bout raising it to 8k is that you could essentially have 2 safe harvests (Planting 3 plants and picking them up) and be safe from kickdoor. The reason the drug grower job is so profitable is because it is balanced out by extra risks, like other players stealing said plants and drugs, and cops arresting and kicking doors. With the kickdoor crime set that high players are going to be able to sit safely behind that door and make...what....18k without worry of kickdoor? Each time?

I don't know, 8k is too much. Has to be something under that. Don't know if what I'm saying makes any sense.

You're assuming that everyone would still wait. /kickdoor is still 4k+ crime.
      I thought the whole suggestion part was at what level of Crime that /kickdoor became Free. Under that assumption I think 6-8k for it to become Free is acceptable.

I know a lot of players whom grow Plants to 300g's 3-5 times before finally making a break for the Drug Dealer.

The kickdoor should be free no matter what the actual kickdoor crime is, for this point I am worried about the games economy. We have had several resets in the past because too many people had too much money. If kickdoor is raised too high players can plant safely without fear of losing said plants, they'll be able to make money at an incredible pace, and that would, in turn, fuck up the economy and possibly lead to another reset. The crime level needs to be set low enough that at their second planting or harvest their door can be kicked in, at the very most 7k crime.

Plus, I'm sure we all know how bad resets are for the server.

Syle wrote:

Kickdoor will never be free again. try somthing else

IF you don't make it free then you'd have to lower it a significant amount.

Cop kicks 1 door for x amount of cash, cuffs 1 player with 4k crime and recieves y amount of money, with z being a postive amount more than what he spent.

So, since the kickdoor crime is 4k, let's do this. Cop kicks 1 door, he cuffs the fellow who has 4k crime, and receives more money than he spent kicking the door.

Before we can get rid of this kickdoor issue we need to take another look at the amount of money you receive per crime as a cop, find a nice balance, and then we can revisit this kickdoor nonsense.

Volar wrote:

Well if Kickdoor will never be free then I'd like to move this topic back to the other point I mentioned. (In Bold Above and Resized)
      If Kickdoor remains the same price then it'd be nice if Cops could get more out of the arrest than a possible $850 extra dollars from 3 Plants and Searching the player. Assuming 4k crime you would barely break even on 1 Kickdoor and go Negative for anything 2 door and up.

Ok, how about some maths:

For simplicity, when I mention "a door owner" I am referring to the person who actually purchased the door, as well as any of the players who have keys to that door. This includes /givedoor.

When a cop kicks a door, the plugin will look at every player who is a door owner (and who is online). Have the plugin look at the crime of each player. The highest crime value is the value used for determining the kick price. The cost of kicking the door will be dynamic. I don't know sourcemod's math functions off the top of my head, so I am just going to use pseudo code.

maxDoorCrime = doorOwnerWithHighestCrime;
      kickdoorPrice = max(0, 2000 - maxDoorCrime/2);
      //This means the door kick price is $2000, should no owner of the door have crime (or no owner is online). Then the door price goes down until a owner of that door has 4000+ crime. After 4000 crime, kickdoor is free. The max() function means that the door price will not become negative should a door owner have >4000 crime.

TF2274_r.2.0 wrote:

For simplicity, when I mention "a door owner" I am referring to the person who actually purchased the door, as well as any of the players who have keys to that door. This includes /givedoor.

When a cop kicks a door, the plugin will look at every player who is a door owner (and who is online). Have the plugin look at the crime of each player. The highest crime value is the value used for determining the kick price. The cost of kicking the door will be dynamic. I don't know sourcemod's math functions off the top of my head, so I am just going to use pseudo code.

//This means the door kick price is $2000, should no owner of the door have crime (or no owner is online). Then the door price goes down until a owner of that door has 4000+ crime. After 4000 crime, kickdoor is free. The max() function means that the door price will not become negative should a door owner have >4000 crime.

I think you missed Syle's post of Kickdoor will never be free again which is why I'm suggesting they make more Cash to compensate for the current price and our overall lack of players wanting to play Cop.

I do like your idea however.

Volar wrote:

TF2274_r.2.0 wrote:

I think you missed Syle's post of Kickdoor will never be free again which is why I'm suggesting they make more Cash to compensate for the current price and our overall lack of players wanting to play Cop.

S
      Step 1. Make kickdoor cheaper

Step 2. Increase the pay per crime for cops

Step 3. Beat off

VigorousSnow wrote:

Volar wrote:

TF2274_r.2.0 wrote:

Step 3. Beat off

For Step 3 I have a few questions.
      1. How long must the session be?
      2. How much strength is needed?
      3. Does there need to be a "Climax" if you will?
      4. Possible Demonstration?

Volar wrote:

VigorousSnow wrote:

Volar wrote:

TF2274_r.2.0 wrote:

Step 3. Beat off

For Step 3 I have a few questions.
      1. How long must the session be?
      2. How much strength is needed?
      3. Does there need to be a "Climax" if you will?
      4. Possible Demonstration?

1. Depends on the person
      2. All of it
      3. Yes, everyone must climax
      4. A new video tutorial will be posted sometime in the future

Perhaps something a bit different though still doesn't solve the issue completely.

When a door is kicked a timer is made, if a player with over 4k crime is jailed, the 1500 is refunded back to the cop if they can catch them within X seconds or minutes. Sort of turns kickdoors into a mini event and still punishes a player for kicking random doors.