A tenant Owning and Propping an inner door

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• A tenant Owning and Propping an inner door

I have been persuing rule updates:- Here is copy/paste from chats I had with TF and Syle.
      This propping has been done by several players since March. The 'rule' was 'published', it has disappeared [refer BobV - untraced events].
      I was going to wait until the GangBase wiki topic was satisfactorily completed - but ....here it is now between the * lines. More comments below the quotes.

***********************************************************************************
      Tuesday, 6 January 2015
      Koala-[CLL]-Kly-[.au]: I have a question about inner doors when you have 1 minute
      TF2274: ya?
      Koala-[CLL]-Kly-[.au]: Grinch owns front door. One of his keyholders owns an inner door of that house.
      Koala-[CLL]-Kly-[.au]: Means keyholder can put and take locks.
      Koala-[CLL]-Kly-[.au]: Can the doors have different owners?
      Koala-[CLL]-Kly-[.au]: [means the front owner can't takekeys from his tenenat]
      TF2274: Yeah. If someone has apartment with multiple rooms and wants to give a friend their own private room
      Koala-[CLL]-Kly-[.au]: and that one can own the inner door?
      Koala-[CLL]-Kly-[.au]: that got ruled wrong for the Grave
      Koala-[CLL]-Kly-[.au]: So it is definitely OK to have different door owners inside the multi-room house?
      TF2274: ya
      Koala-[CLL]-Kly-[.au]: thanks.
      Koala-[CLL]-Kly-[.au]: It i sgreat to be able to put and TAKE the internal locks :-))

Tuesday, 3 March 2015
      Koala-[CLL]-Kly-[.au]: Hi syle- I have a question that I hope you can say Yes to ?-)
      syle: yo
      Koala-[CLL]-Kly-[.au]: well, a guy buys a house with lots of rooms, He lets a friend buy an inner door. [that has been said to be ok, because then the friend can put and take locks].
      Koala-[CLL]-Kly-[.au]: So, now that the friend 'owns' the room, he wants to give up his house [sell it] and move into the room.
      Koala-[CLL]-Kly-[.au]: Please say YES to him being allowed to use his props limit to decorate his OWN room [not the house]
      Koala-[CLL]-Kly-[.au]: He won't own a house.
      syle: if he no longer owns a house
      syle: thats fine
      syle: ill count it as his 1 door
      Koala-[CLL]-Kly-[.au]: ok, thanks, that will make sveral guys happy.
      syle: the room tho must be the only door they /buydoor
      Koala-[CLL]-Kly-[.au]: I know it makes door checking more complex.
      Koala-[CLL]-Kly-[.au]: Yes.
      syle: yeh
      syle: if i catch anyone i just reset the door
      Koala-[CLL]-Kly-[.au]: yep
      syle: and there out whatever they spent
      syle: to try to mess around
      Koala-[CLL]-Kly-[.au]: yep, they would deserve it.

summary:-

Tuesday, 6 January 2015
      Koala: So it is definitely OK to have different door owners inside the multi-room house?
      TF2274: ya
      Tuesday, 3 March 2015
      Koala: Please say YES to him being allowed to use his props limit to decorate his OWN room [not the house]
      syle: if he no longer owns a house thats fine
      syle: ill count it as his 1 door
      syle: the room tho must be the only door they /buydoor
      *************************************************************************************

Note: Syle was talking in the context of This Rule when he said "the room tho must be the only door they /buydoor".
      There could be an amendment to this wording that does not preclude the player from also having keys elsewhere and being able to remove locks. ie owning another inner door. BUT the player can only prop ONE room/cluster of rooms at one house. Until better door tools are provided to admins the amount of work involved in monitoring has to be considered. OR he can just put up with being slightly restricted (when compared with other players) in return for being allowed to prop as a tenant.

Batman and Alex had a complex arrangement of door ownership at the Luxury Apts during Rev3 of the current map - it was tricky but worked well.

• Re: A tenant Owning and Propping an inner door

Syle wrote:

So many ideas so little devs

Well, this one doesn't need any Dev work- it has been 'approved' by you and has worked effectively.
      I just want to get it back in the MOTD properly.

Syle? Can you allow the tenant who is propping to still own other innerdoors as tenant [like any other player] so long as he only props his one location of room/rooms?

If you answer that question I can word the Rule for the MOTD etc. [Not too hard to monitor without better door tools.]