We need higher level admins.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Re: We need higher level admins.

hellop wrote:

There are alot of admins lately but none of them have any real power, someone should promote the admins we have instead of recruiting more.

Give us an idea of which powers were needed - i keep saying that lower admins need better door tools. [Or doors need to work better - eg inner doors when you buy a front door]

PS. Doggy is going blind; I wonder what could do that?

hellop wrote:

There are alot of admins lately but none of them have any real power, someone should promote the admins we have instead of recruiting more.

What powers specifically do the newer admins need? Something can certainly be figured out for the times i'm offline for example. But without knowing what the issue is, we can't fix it.

Koala wrote:

hellop wrote:

Give us an idea of which powers were needed - i keep saying that lower admins need better door tools. [Or doors need to work better - eg inner doors when you buy a front door]

Wait do you mean doggy is literally going blind?
      Charging headfirst into a whole lotta dakka.

VigorousSnow wrote:

Koala wrote:

hellop wrote:

Wait do you mean doggy is literally going blind?

Well I can only see in black and white so forgive me if I don't see some things as clearly as you people.

420alex wrote:

But more on point - I do think that people need more active higher-level admins. The server population's sucked lately, and when there's only one or two trials on - people get frustrated at the lack of support

BUT, what actual admin functions were needed?

This is important to determine. Was it inner doors? Was it lost items or money? Was it broken elevators? Was it employment as cop? Was it VIP related?

I guess that a promotion structure in admins looks good 'on paper'. The issue is covering the server populated window of time - once an admin seems to be 'OK', why not give him the tools needed for routine work? If money and losses have to be referred to THE TOP, then let's say that in the MOTD and reduce the frustration that results from players thinking that 'ordinary level' admins are just wimps.

A lot of player dissatisfaction would be removed if they were more willing and able to use the Forum. Many important requests are reacted to very quickly but many players just resist and resist going there. They want it NOW. Becomes a PR exercise.

So, back to the topic again - WHAT admin functions are being screemed for?

Koala wrote:

420alex wrote:

But more on point - I do think that people need more active higher-level admins. The server population's sucked lately, and when there's only one or two trials on - people get frustrated at the lack of support

This is important to determine. Was it inner doors? Was it lost items or money? Was it broken elevators? Was it employment as cop? Was it VIP related?

I guess that a promotion structure in admins looks good 'on paper'. The issue is covering the server populated window of time - once an admin seems to be 'OK', why not give him the tools needed for routine work? If money and losses have to be referred to THE TOP, then let's say that in the MOTD and reduce the frustration that results from players thinking that 'ordinary level' admins are just wimps.

A lot of player dissatisfaction would be removed if they were more willing and able to use the Forum. Many important requests are reacted to very quickly but many players just resist and resist going there. They want it NOW. Becomes a PR exercise.

The biggest thing that's needed is either employment or door management.
      Charging headfirst into a whole lotta dakka.

Koala wrote:

420alex wrote:

I've had requests to set employmen t- set inner doors - requests to clear door keys (or situations where it could be useful) - money and item losses would be good to be able to fix in case of the First-time bank wiping that most encounter... That's just the small list I could think of. Understandably so, Syle can't just dump power into anyone and that is why the hierarchy is in place. You only want power to be placed where it is trusted. But there should be a few more trusted individuals that are reliably on when noone else is not. Just to handle those oddly-timed requests.
      sniper santa misslelauncher

420alex wrote:

Koala wrote:

420alex wrote:

I've had requests to set employmen t- set inner doors - requests to clear door keys (or situations where it could be useful) - money and item losses would be good to be able to fix in case of the First-time bank wiping that most encounter... That's just the small list I could think of. Understandably so, Syle can't just dump power into anyone and that is why the hierarchy is in place. You only want power to be placed where it is trusted. But there should be a few more trusted individuals that are reliably on when noone else is not. Just to handle those oddly-timed requests.

Set inner doors - recurrent topic; coding fix needed? Can't see why a Basic can't have this - and, importantly/usefully, the ability to clear the $1 from a door once it is sold. [Stops those $1-door guys :) ]

Employment - cop ..... Any reason a Basic couldn't have this ability?
      Employment - VIP .... Ditto
      Employment - other ...... hmmm, what causes these requests?

Clear keys. ..... Player should be able to do all that is required with /takekeys command? What else is needed here? [Cleaning up doors and the door database is a whole other topic.]

Money and Items are currently referred higher even by Roots? [Many people did a compassionate workaround for a noob starting with zero - gave them a donation. Been told that issue is def fixed now. ]

So, Doors are recurrent and liable to happen often. Empower the admins.

Koala wrote:

420alex wrote:

Koala wrote:

420alex wrote:

Set inner doors - recurrent topic; coding fix needed? Can't see why a Basic can't have this - and, importantly/usefully, the ability to clear the $1 from a door once it is sold. [Stops those $1-door guys :) ]

Employment - cop ..... Any reason a Basic couldn't have this ability?
      Employment - VIP .... Ditto
      Employment - other ...... hmmm, what causes these requests?

Clear keys. ..... Player should be able to do all that is required with /takekeys command? What else is needed here? [Cleaning up doors and the door database is a whole other topic.]

So, Doors are recurrent and liable to happen often. Empower the admins.

Employment is reasonable but when is it really used now that you have to choose between a gang and a cop?. Vip setups are not since it has to be done manually. Doors are interesting since they can be messed up pretty badly if someone was dumb enough to do so. Like clearing an innerdoor and deleting a players million dollar door instead. It's already been proven that even high ranks screw that up. Price check would likely need to be fixed too to detect abuse with the command.

I'm for giving basics the ability to employ others if they were given a strict list of requirements to employ, but I imagine a lot of the employment issues going on now are due to those with the ability to employ already, still switching between gang and cop. But, the actual change of letting basics use the command is extremely easy and doable. As long as mentioned they have a strict list of guidelines, like no employing gang members unless they are listed in the gang roster, don't promote people past their cop rank at all, don't employ vip etc.

Even this doesn't resolve the issue completely, I'm only seeing other admins on an hour a day at most, most of the in game time is afk. So even giving access isn't solving the problem. But the instant I get the okay from a higher up I will implement changes to the employment permissions to at least help with that.

Money and Items are currently referred higher even by Roots? [Many people did a compassionate workaround for a noob starting with zero - gave them a donation. Been told that issue is def fixed now. ]
      Not fixed at all. I still have to reimburse people daily. I've not seen any work on it as of late. Needs a higher priority level in case there is ever an economy wipe in the future. Then the entire server will have the issue i'd guess.

The post was edited 1 time, last by BobVeka ().