The Doggy's Admin Application

• Re: The Doggy's Admin Application

TF2274_r.2.0 wrote:

Honestly this isn't the time to bitch at Doggy for exploiting the server like this, especially since he admittedly knows that the server is currently in an unstable state.

Let's face it, the server is unstable, you can't go more than a day without having your stats messed up, and everything is just going to get reset when the bugs are fixed (or when I get fed up and reinstate the old rp plugin). So whatever gets exploited right now doesn't really effect anything.

Seriously though. If there is no work currently being done on the plugin then I might as well just re-enable the old RP plugin... if the old plugin files are still there.

TBH that's the smartest thing I heard yet. The map brought people over - the lack of features is making people lose faith.
    The fact is - pretty much the whole server is expecting the reset at this point. We know that everything is fucked up and (most) of us would welcome the reset in return for a working rpmod.

Doggy knows the exploits but I believe in a position of power doggy would not abuse, but could possibly rise above all of the stereotypes and reputation he's gotten himself and could make an excellent admin. Me and doggy talk on a daily basis, and I can say he is levelheaded enough to handle it.
    sniper santa misslelauncher

My honest opinion is old rp but we need to keep the improvements:

?Getting paid upon cuff

?Baby mode lazers

?off duty cop

These are both improvements that I think are worth from blue rp.

Not only from cop POV. Player POV too because they don't NEED to be jailed this way so there is more play time.

The post was edited 1 time, last by BPN17 ().

Let's take a look at this response: " Maybe if you didn't want shit like that to happen you shouldn't have a broken, exploitable server. I know that it can't be fixed until eas gets off his ass from whatever he's doing now but exploits are exploits and people are gonna use/abuse them."

First highlighted sentence:
    This is a perfect example of an exploitative personality... and is really saying "Even though I know it's wrong, I'm going to do it anyway because I can". Do not expect this personality type to improve with additional power.

Second highlighted:
    A properly administrated server has zero tolerance of this mindset, and admins worth a shit should warn first, then kick/ban as appropriate to let players know that "even though you can", it won't be tolerated here, and there are consequences for your actions.

This would be like if outside your real home, someone threw rocks threw your all of your windows "because they can", and then defended themselves with "if you did not want your windows broken, you should not use glass windows". In real life, that will get you a baseball bat (or worse) in the head, and a real ban (jail).

Admins who fall into defending this sort of argument are weak, and not up to the task.

And by the way... who the fuck thought it was a great idea to put an ADHD 17 year old in charge of the server? lol
    Thanks for that... get your shit together and fix this shit (or roll it back to something that's not a fucking train wreck) before you torpedo the last server worth a shit due to sheer laziness.
    --Fuckoff, yours sincerely... ThunderShorts

I'm voting no. Player has been seen multiple times harassing players as cop, making new players rage etc. Being an Admin wont change it. The question would be would he be good if boredom doesn't kick in, but it will kick in and being an Admin isn't going to open doors to some new found personality.

And it's absolutely silly that some of the people voting here don't even play the server and are actually voting +1 to this. Or sticking up for the act that just bought 10 doors and messed with them.

The post was edited 1 time, last by BobVeka ().

BobVeka wrote:

I'm voting no. Player has been seen multiple times harassing players as cop, making new players rage etc. Being an Admin wont change it.

Could you explain what you mean by harassing? Whether its abusing players or just mucking around with people? I do have fun with people - the other day me and a couple other guys were having a nade fight and yeh, I was killing them with the nades but they didn't mind cause we were having fun. Stuff like that does not entail "harassment" or whatever you want to call it.

If you mean abusing players, then both the times I've been accused of that have been false, I try not to cross the line when having fun with people, but you guys can have your opinions and I can have mine.

As for making new players rage, I only do that if they're fucking with me, if all they do is constantly shoot me then I'm gonna constantly shoot them. People who leave me alone I'll leave alone, simple as that really.

Honestly Bob, I don't think you know me as well as you think you might, you see this exploitative, asshole, careless personality that I think you see of me, but you've never really had a conversation with me or seen how/why I act in different situations. You've seen that one side of me and you think its that side that would come into the admin role. You know, when I applied for admin I thought this server had a good community, it just had a few flaws in the way it ran. Now I'm seeming to think that its the few that make this community what it is, the few people who actually seem to still care about this server and how it runs, honestly those few people are what I think are still keeping this running. They help people and do their best in everything they can. When I applied for admin I saw alot of people who were wanting someone in a position of power to help them, I saw Alex, BPN, Beefdick and even Deathwish (even if it was poorly). I saw them helping people and I wanted to help them too. In the time I've known Alex he's become a role model for me. I've looked up to him ever since I started playing, even if he doesn't know it. I've tried to follow his examples of what an admin should be. And not just an admin but a great person in this community. I talk to Alex almost daily and he has always been an inspiration to me. I wanted to help people like Alex and all the others were. I saw people needing help when admins weren't online and that's mainly why I applied for admin, to be there when others weren't. So I'm sorry if you see me as a complete asshole or self-centered prick, but I suppose that's who I am isn't it?

TF2274_r.2.0 wrote:

Honestly this isn't the time to bitch at Doggy for exploiting the server like this, especially since he admittedly knows that the server is currently in an unstable state.

Let's face it, the server is unstable, you can't go more than a day without having your stats messed up, and everything is just going to get reset when the bugs are fixed (or when I get fed up and reinstate the old rp plugin). So whatever gets exploited right now doesn't really effect anything.

Seriously though. If there is no work currently being done on the plugin then I might as well just re-enable the old RP plugin... if the old plugin files are still there.

PLEASE RE_ENABLE THE OLD PLUGIN!
    The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

bobby_shortcakes wrote:

TF2274_r.2.0 wrote:

PLEASE RE_ENABLE THE OLD PLUGIN!

Already done
    sniper santa misslelauncher
  • Users Online 1

1 Guest