The Doggy's Admin Application

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The Doggy's Admin Application

--Basic info--

In-Game name: The Doggy (or slight variants)

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:45064968

Steam Profile: steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198050395665/

Time played: 1m 28d 15h or 1406 hours

Skype(Optional): xxderkaderkxx

--Questions--

Do you have a mic?: Yes, don't use it though.

Why are you applying for Administration?: I like this community and most of the people in it and want to help it more directly so I am applying for admin to benefit our community by helping newer players in any way I can - showing them around, doing props for them, or just having a chat and playing with them. As I (and many others) can see, the server hasn't been active too much lately, I'm hoping to change that with bringing new players in and making them feel welcome in our great community. I have also been recommended to apply for admin by Koala and Bobveka who both said I could make a good admin, the only concerns they had was "what would I do if I got bored" I can assure both of them and anyone else that in this position I would not be an idiot with this power as I really hate admins that do that as it makes them look shit and reflects badly on the entire community.

tl;dr: Just read it

How much time can you dedicate to the server?(Include time zone): Around 5-10 hours a day, internet is been fucked up around here though so permitting to change. (UTC+12)

What is the proper process to deal with a rule-breakers?: Give them a warning and explain to them what they did wrong, then if they persist kick and then ban 10min, 30min, 1 hour etc. depending on what rule/s they broke and their past history with rulebreaking.

Do you have previous experience as Administrator?: I have basic on Bobvekas test server but that hasn't been up for a while, I am also currently working on making my own hl2dm server.

Anything else you would like to add?: Thank you for your consideration, I love you guys <3

--End Application--
  • Re: The Doggy's Admin Application

CRIKEY !! His application makes it appear that he is intelligent.

I do think that what he quoted from me is true.
    Give the Dog a chance - doesn't really matter if everyone on the server is an admin.

Seriously though, if he wants to contend with the way that being an admin alters the game play then I really do think that Dog should be given the chance. And he is cheap - just chuck him an old shoe once in a while. If you haven't seen him worry a shoe then toss him one sometime.

Seems to look like a very well made application; although there where a few grammatical errors, considering youlve showneffort and promise liability in the hopes of serving the server well in the future- i'll +support you on your application.
    ye same

+1 all the wayyyy!!!!! O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 Supports the role as admin by being active, and sticking to the server. Superb applicant in my opinion!
    &lt;a href=&quot;http://steamsignature.com&quot;&gt;&lt;img src=&quot;http://steamsignature.com/profile/default/76561198071343189.png&quot; alt=&quot;&quot; title=&quot;&quot; /&gt;&lt;/a&gt;

omnompro wrote:

-1 from me abusing faggot and too bitchy, he'll probably abuse admin too :/

Lmao, first off I did not abuse anything, I already posted in your thread and said you hit me both times before I started shooting. And bitchy? Well you can expect that shit from female dogs us bitchy whores gotta stick together tho am I rite babes? <3

The post was edited 1 time, last by The Doggy ().

On the "worrying about what he's do if he was bored" aspect... today is a great example. He admitted that after the latest server door reset fart, he thought it would be funny to buy about 10 (his words) affected doors, give himself a key, and then resell. This was so that unsuspecting folks returning would find their door for sale, bitch a bit, and then repurchase if they wanted it back... and unwittingly have a new buddy with an AFK kill key. He knew it was an issue, and chose to willingly exploit it (and broadcast to others how to do it), vs. discretely telling an admin and/or wait for a fix.
    This is not admin material in my book. Bad Doggy... no vote for you.
    --ThunderShorts

It's stupid I can't edit posts after they've been posted for an hour or whatever, but I didn't do that because I was bored it was because server was broken so I made money off of broken server. Maybe if you didn't want shit like that to happen you shouldn't have a broken, exploitable server. I know that it can't be fixed until eas gets off his ass from whatever he's doing now but exploits are exploits and people are gonna use/abuse them.

Honestly this isn't the time to bitch at Doggy for exploiting the server like this, especially since he admittedly knows that the server is currently in an unstable state.

Let's face it, the server is unstable, you can't go more than a day without having your stats messed up, and everything is just going to get reset when the bugs are fixed (or when I get fed up and reinstate the old rp plugin). So whatever gets exploited right now doesn't really effect anything.

Seriously though. If there is no work currently being done on the plugin then I might as well just re-enable the old RP plugin... if the old plugin files are still there.