Map Change August 21, 2015

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Re: Map Change August 21, 2015

BPN17 wrote:

Fizzle wrote:

What should happen is a ground zero level server whip to which includes all inventory items and currency at the disposal of the player. By doing this will not, if effectively, place the server in a position of a clean slate; to which people cant start gaining and reaching certain aspirations rather then moaping about in the state of absolution. Point being, money is currently working nothing if not in large quantities; STOP giving people shit they'll only pocket later, and STOP giving people starting cash so others are above their current state of wealth.

and

This will only help the players that are never on ie. You.
    The players who play all the time have bank and will be upset they're on the same lvl as inactive players due to econ wipe and may not return to the server. What should happen is the higher up your bank is the less percentage you have to pay out.

Ex:0-10k 50%
    10-50k 25%
    50k-250k 20%
    250k-500k 15%
    500k-1m 10%
    2m+ 5%

That way some players arent loosing millions/hundreds of thousands compared to some loosing thousands

Of course numbers can be edited but there should be a curve at some point

Inactive as in attaining a job in order to keep a house, feed myself, clothe myself, and keep tabs on everything else socially whilst explicitly attempting to make time for this server; you know, like being an adult i.e. not you. If you where doing your job as an admin, you'd know the first directive is, and I quote;

[quote author=BPN17] I believe one of the most important aspects of admin is to help the new players out. I believe its important to help them with financial support and teach them the rules. I can do this by supplying them with arms, drug seeds to give them a head start, and to also show them around the map or certain hot spot locations such as dealers and banks.
    [/quote]

You don't make sense, you're abhorrently giving things away while supporting a percentage of allocated funds received to the already rich and experienced player? Is this how you expect to fix the economy? To simply do that would only delay the inevitable; then such a situation will arise again, to which we will repeat this entire argument.

The easiest, and simplest action to take is to just whip it as if the server just started; a simple refresh that can take place to open opportunity and not just simply gaining through being idle on the server, AKA printing, and growing. If that is what you call being 'active' on the server, then the previous times I've been on was nothing much but just a boring waste of my limited fun time.

Now let us retract to the main source of concern, and that is players having relatively good amount of fun on the server. Forthwith, the role play schema we have is a chance to reenact how a game would be transcended to image city life. Of course pompous things happen for the sport of having fun, but fucking up the economy to a point where the prices have so many digits in it, and that the 1% of the server is actually poor, and the rest of the 99% has billions of dollars. It's in fact gotten so bad that noone can have fun on the server, so much that it's actually a chore to get on- because all you'll be doing is walking around, talking, and just idling on the server.

Fun happens when you are presented with a challenge, having everything on a silver platter isn't fun, going around and randomly killing afkers and others isn't fun, it happens so much that it got boring, you've gotten so much wealth, you basically don't need to go on the server anymore since, in a sense, beaten the 'game'. And just spoon feeding people money isn't going to fix anything.
    ye same

420alex wrote:

BobVeka wrote:

TF2274_r.2.0 wrote:

Yes. Which means you would have to sell items to balance the money out. But yeah your total player value is divided by 10. That's the idea anyways.

Of course this is just an idea. There is no confirmation that it will actually happen.

Can't happen anyways, an item or two worth over 500k can't be sold. It would negative their bank with no way to bring it back to normal. 15k should be the minimum anyways considering that's what the starter pack gives.

What if the value was turned into rp money - all items wiped - and have the deflation be based on that. of course 15k would be the minimum and everyone can just receive starter shit in their inventory so they can jump in. Just a theory that I feel would work out.

That still doesn't work for the $4mill valued stupid Rifle I have. I can't sell it. I paid near $400K for it - not $4mill.
    So, I guess I drop it b4 the 'day' and lose the $400k rather than lose $3.6mill. Me and my gang will just have to perm all you economy-bustin brats.

Koala wrote:

420alex wrote:

BobVeka wrote:

TF2274_r.2.0 wrote:

Yes. Which means you would have to sell items to balance the money out. But yeah your total player value is divided by 10. That's the idea anyways.

Of course this is just an idea. There is no confirmation that it will actually happen.

Can't happen anyways, an item or two worth over 500k can't be sold. It would negative their bank with no way to bring it back to normal. 15k should be the minimum anyways considering that's what the starter pack gives.

What if the value was turned into rp money - all items wiped - and have the deflation be based on that. of course 15k would be the minimum and everyone can just receive starter shit in their inventory so they can jump in. Just a theory that I feel would work out.

That still doesn't work for the $4mill valued stupid Rifle I have. I can't sell it. I paid near $400K for it - not $4mill.
    So, I guess I drop it b4 the 'day' and lose the $400k rather than lose $3.6mill. Me and my gang will just have to perm all you economy-bustin brats.

That's not what I said. What I said was take the 4 mill it's worth and turn it into the rp cash, and give you 1/10 of that (which would be 400k); It would take the value of every item and turn it into rp money before the deflation under my theory.
    sniper santa misslelauncher

420alex wrote:

Koala wrote:

420alex wrote:

BobVeka wrote:

TF2274_r.2.0 wrote:

That's not what I said. What I said was take the 4 mill it's worth and turn it into the rp cash, and give you 1/10 of that (which would be 400k); It would take the value of every item and turn it into rp money before the deflation under my theory.

BUT that was my point - it AIN'T worth $4mill and I'll get docked $3.6mill for owning it. I'll give it away instead. Just means I won't have one any more. cry cry .

Koala wrote:

420alex wrote:

Koala wrote:

420alex wrote:

BobVeka wrote:

TF2274_r.2.0 wrote:

BUT that was my point - it AIN'T worth $4mill and I'll get docked $3.6mill for owning it. I'll give it away instead. Just means I won't have one any more. cry cry .

lol if you wanna give 400k away then just give it to me

Not a big fan of this reset... like alot of folks, my money is mostly tied up in items. Most of which I had to work hard for to get... then there is the Larata too... lol. I would feel better if this does go ahead as described, if they just rolled all bank and inventory totals together and then apply the reduction as a straight percentage... though 10? (c'mon, 25, 50?) on the dollar blows. This really affects your most loyal longtime players the worst... which seems counterproductive. Want to have an impact on membership? Give newbs a better startup package, and have admins (and encourage players) mentor new players until they see how it works. I'm willing to bet 90% of new joiners are driven off in the first 15 mins due to confusion, and that sucking sound of nobody helping to show them the ropes. I'd quit too if I joined a server and nobody would show me anything, and I just ran around with my arms sticking out posing as a target ;)
    --ThunderShorts

BPN17 wrote:

Syle wrote:

yeah somthing like a % tax on your net worth for map changing fees. But a full reset would be more fun. Need to get together with @eas on the status of blue rp and the mod overhaul

So will there be a curve? Or just a flat amout % of tax for all

and also - will we be taxed based on inventory value OR will all items get "sold" and have value go to bank first. I think that plays a big roll in the reset (with the 4 mill larata as koala already stated). At that point - it would be more economical for some to drop legendary weaps.

One question...

How do we go about doing a % deduction in such bulk. At the moment all player files are stored as text files for inventory and money. It's a shame that it's not all stored in sql otherwise I could just run a query to do the entire job automatically. I'm not going to have the time to write a program to parse, calculate, and then resave all the player files in bulk to wipe inventories, add the inventory value to the player, and then deduct 90%. I've already got other projects going on, plus classes start Monday.

TF2274_r.2.0 wrote:

One question...

How do we go about doing a % deduction in such bulk. At the moment all player files are stored as text files for inventory and money. It's a shame that it's not all stored in sql otherwise I could just run a query to do the entire job automatically. I'm not going to have the time to write a program to parse, calculate, and then resave all the player files in bulk to wipe inventories, add the inventory value to the player, and then deduct 90%. I've already got other projects going on, plus classes start Monday.

It's already stored in SQLite.