Map Change August 21, 2015

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Map Change August 21, 2015

Map change August 21st. We gonna go to Uptown for 3 months, and then Freemancity after that.

Because nobody else will do it. I'll do it.

Also sell all of your shit.

As for rumors of resets, there are currently no plans for resets, HOWEVER we might divide everyone's money by 10 to deflate the economy. Everyone will still be comparatively as rich relative to each other if this happens, so you won't have to worry about being behind or losing your hard work. Also we might be doing some changes to rules about killing. The issue is that this server remained popular partially because we don't have very strict "RP" rules against killing other players, but this same thing is now killing the server itself, so we need to find a happy balance.

The post was edited 1 time, last by CaveJohnson ().

• Re: Map Change August 21, 2015

TF2274_r.2.0 wrote:

Map change August 21st.

Because nobody else will do it. I'll do it.

Also sell all of your shit.

As for rumors of resets, there are currently no plans for resets, HOWEVER we might divide everyone's money by 10 to deflate the economy. Everyone will still be comparatively as rich relative to each other if this happens, so you won't have to worry about being behind or losing your hard work. Also we might be doing some changes to rules about killing. The issue is that this server remained popular partially because we don't have very strict "RP" rules against killing other players, but this same thing is now killing the server itself, so we need to find a happy balance.

I like this approach to the economy, bring people in the millions to hundreds of thousands, bring people with hundreds of thousands to double digit thousands... make people work again for what they had. Maybe we can actually get people on the server again.
    sniper santa misslelauncher

The post was edited 1 time, last by 420alex ().

TF2274_r.2.0 wrote:

...Also sell all of your shit.

As for rumors of resets, there are currently no plans for resets, HOWEVER we might divide everyone's money by 10 to deflate the economy. .....

Please do some splaining about the 'sell shit' - you mean all the inventory so we only have a Bank Account for you to pillage?
    I don't wanna lose my legendary weapon ;( or any other crap I can't sell WAAH!!!

Koala wrote:

TF2274_r.2.0 wrote:

As for rumors of resets, there are currently no plans for resets, HOWEVER we might divide everyone's money by 10 to deflate the economy. .....

Please do some splaining about the 'sell shit' - you mean all the inventory so we only have a Bank Account for you to pillage?
    I don't wanna lose my legendary weapon ;( or any other crap I can't sell WAAH!!!

Didn't think of it that way, he better be only talking about a fucking house, My inventory is basically all of my $$$
    Charging headfirst into a whole lotta dakka.

VigorousSnow wrote:

Koala wrote:

TF2274_r.2.0 wrote:

Didn't think of it that way, he better be only talking about a fucking house, My inventory is basically all of my $$$

I mean only one thing, and this isn't even what is guaranteed to happen. Lets say all the items in your inventory are worth 100K. Well 100K divided by 10 is 10K. So that's 90K gone. So that's 90K subtracted from your bank to account for your inventory value. Some players can absorb the loss, but others may have to sell some of their items to get some money back. In the end, the idea is to divide the total value (inventory value, bank and money value, etc) of every player by 10. Doing so would make everyone remain proportionally "rich" to one another. If I had 100K and someone else had 10K, then after the reduction I would have 10K and the other player would have 1K. The money proportions relative to me and the other person would remain the same.

TF2274_r.2.0 wrote:

VigorousSnow wrote:

Koala wrote:

TF2274_r.2.0 wrote:

I mean only one thing, and this isn't even what is guaranteed to happen. Lets say all the items in your inventory are worth 100K. Well 100K divided by 10 is 10K. So that's 90K gone. So that's 90K subtracted from your bank to account for your inventory value. Some players can absorb the loss, but others may have to sell some of their items to get some money back. In the end, the idea is to divide the total value (inventory value, bank and money value, etc) of every player by 10. Doing so would make everyone remain proportionally "rich" to one another. If I had 100K and someone else had 10K, then after the reduction I would have 10K and the other player would have 1K. The money proportions relative to me and the other person would remain the same.

So if I'm understanding this right then lets say I have a Whoppin $5000 in my bank and 2M in Items within my inventory. By your method I would go to Negative $1,805,000 in my Bank?

TF2274_r.2.0 wrote:

Yes. Which means you would have to sell items to balance the money out. But yeah your total player value is divided by 10. That's the idea anyways.

Of course this is just an idea. There is no confirmation that it will actually happen.

Can't happen anyways, an item or two worth over 500k can't be sold. It would negative their bank with no way to bring it back to normal. 15k should be the minimum anyways considering that's what the starter pack gives.

BobVeka wrote:

TF2274_r.2.0 wrote:

Yes. Which means you would have to sell items to balance the money out. But yeah your total player value is divided by 10. That's the idea anyways.

Of course this is just an idea. There is no confirmation that it will actually happen.

Can't happen anyways, an item or two worth over 500k can't be sold. It would negative their bank with no way to bring it back to normal. 15k should be the minimum anyways considering that's what the starter pack gives.

What if the value was turned into rp money - all items wiped - and have the deflation be based on that. of course 15k would be the minimum and everyone can just receive starter shit in their inventory so they can jump in. Just a theory that I feel would work out.
    sniper santa misslelauncher

TF2274_r.2.0 wrote:

VigorousSnow wrote:

Koala wrote:

TF2274_r.2.0 wrote:

Inb4 brand new players come on and start with 15k

What should happen is a ground zero level server whip to which includes all inventory items and currency at the disposal of the player. By doing this will not, if effectively, place the server in a position of a clean slate; to which people cant start gaining and reaching certain aspirations rather then moaping about in the state of absolution. Point being, money is currently working nothing if not in large quantities; STOP giving people shit they'll only pocket later, and STOP giving people starting cash so others are above their current state of wealth.

and

ye same

Fizzle wrote:

What should happen is a ground zero level server whip to which includes all inventory items and currency at the disposal of the player. By doing this will not, if effectively, place the server in a position of a clean slate; to which people cant start gaining and reaching certain aspirations rather then moaping about in the state of absolution. Point being, money is currently working nothing if not in large quantities; STOP giving people shit they'll only pocket later, and STOP giving people starting cash so others are above their current state of wealth.

and

WHAT YOU JUST SAID CAN BE SUMMED UP BY SAYING RESET

Fizzle wrote:

and

This will only help the players that are never on ie. You.
    The players who play all the time have bank and will be upset they're on the same lvl as inactive players due to econ wipe and may not return to the server. What should happen is the higher up your bank is the less percentage you have to pay out.

Ex:0-10k 50%
    10-50k 25%
    50k-250k 20%
    250k-500k 15%
    500k-1m 10%
    2m+ 5%

That way some players arent loosing millions/hundreds of thousands compared to some loosing thousands

Of course numbers can be edited but there should be a curve at some point

The post was edited 1 time, last by BPN17 ().