End Times are Near....

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• End Times are Near....

End times are near. The reason I say this is because lately or for the past 2 weeks no one has bothered to fix the server. I assume that this is it, after 6 to almost 7 years, Syle's server is on its final run. Plenty have came to play and only some dedicated to themselves to this specific RP Server. We've all had ups and downs, but we managed to make it through together, so lets not let this be its final run on HL2DM. I've seen most of the servers history, I don't want to be the to say this, bu I believe the end is near.

[size=1pt]*Most of you probably felt for it. xD doucebags [/size]
    [img width=300 height=300]http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Angry-Meme-Gif-Expresses-His-Feelings.gif[/img][size=8pt][12:34 AM] [???] Vegeta :  i have big plans for u candy[/size]

The post was edited 1 time, last by Candybar244 ().

• Re: End Times are Near....

VigorousSnow wrote:

I'll buy the fucking server before I let it get shut down.

this is the cause of the server to end....
    [img width=300 height=300]http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Angry-Meme-Gif-Expresses-His-Feelings.gif[/img][size=8pt][12:34 AM] [???] Vegeta :  i have big plans for u candy[/size]

Eldrun wrote:

I hate to talk about the server when I haven't been active at all really recently, although a few times I join in just to get begged by players to fix the server, because there's nothing to do, or because it's broken. This switch to uptown could have really saved the server, but instead it seems more and more like a death sentence for the server, our final run. We went from 25 at peak, and always above 10, to less than five people on the server on average.

Now I can't think I'm the only one that thinks this way, but everyone's starting to jump ship before we crash, hard. This server has been, in my opinion, the best for seven years of it's life, not because of the mod, but because of the community and the not too strict admins. But we're losing both of those, and without a functional mod no one is going to want to play anymore, especially in a tired out game, when they could spend there time in a game that has actually been cared for and works. But do we really want the server to go down, after seven years of up and down because result of sheer laziness? I mean, obviously I know i'm not doing anything to help, but I cant. Could we at least switch to a functional mod until blue has it's bugs and content worked out.

I've loved playing on this server for way to long to see the community die like this, and not go onto anything else. We've always had talk about going to a new game, or what ever it may be, but that always just dies off as talk because no one feels the need to talk about it anymore, because we think we could just coast, or maybe just the incentive isn't there anymore, or no care.

Obviously I know some people are busy but let's at least try to make the server not go down after seven great years as a train wreck, if we're going to end let's end with a better name than just "They were to lazy to fix the server so everyone quit". Maybe instead of thinking about how to fix the server I seriously think it's time to move on from hl2dm, there isn't much options to what would be fun, feels like hl2dm, and balanced gun play and such, but this game is dead and we're just trying to revive a already long dead patient. I know we're capable of making another great server, but if we keep letting all the admin team (A team we've been renowned for in the past) to just walk then we're just watching our own community die.

TL;DR - It's time to move on, everyone knows the game is dead, we might actually pose a chance to start and be successful again somewhere new, HL2:DM is not it. Even if the mod is fixed the game is dead, the server will die in a matter of a very short few months.

you can't just expect everyone to buy a new game just to play on syles, there has to be another way, this server isnt dead, its just in a coma and we need to wake up, we need to get the server back on the mod we had it as, we need to have active and dedicated players/cops/admins to help keep it afloat...
    You defeat your enemies when they become your friends

Eldrun wrote:

Eldrun wrote:

I hate to talk about the server when I haven't been active at all really recently, although a few times I join in just to get begged by players to fix the server, because there's nothing to do, or because it's broken. This switch to uptown could have really saved the server, but instead it seems more and more like a death sentence for the server, our final run. We went from 25 at peak, and always above 10, to less than five people on the server on average.

Now I can't think I'm the only one that thinks this way, but everyone's starting to jump ship before we crash, hard. This server has been, in my opinion, the best for seven years of it's life, not because of the mod, but because of the community and the not too strict admins. But we're losing both of those, and without a functional mod no one is going to want to play anymore, especially in a tired out game, when they could spend there time in a game that has actually been cared for and works. But do we really want the server to go down, after seven years of up and down because result of sheer laziness? I mean, obviously I know i'm not doing anything to help, but I cant. Could we at least switch to a functional mod until blue has it's bugs and content worked out.

I've loved playing on this server for way to long to see the community die like this, and not go onto anything else. We've always had talk about going to a new game, or what ever it may be, but that always just dies off as talk because no one feels the need to talk about it anymore, because we think we could just coast, or maybe just the incentive isn't there anymore, or no care.

Obviously I know some people are busy but let's at least try to make the server not go down after seven great years as a train wreck, if we're going to end let's end with a better name than just "They were to lazy to fix the server so everyone quit". Maybe instead of thinking about how to fix the server I seriously think it's time to move on from hl2dm, there isn't much options to what would be fun, feels like hl2dm, and balanced gun play and such, but this game is dead and we're just trying to revive a already long dead patient. I know we're capable of making another great server, but if we keep letting all the admin team (A team we've been renowned for in the past) to just walk then we're just watching our own community die.

TL;DR - It's time to move on, everyone knows the game is dead, we might actually pose a chance to start and be successful again somewhere new, HL2:DM is not it. Even if the mod is fixed the game is dead, the server will die in a matter of a very short few months.

Eldrun you are the biggest faggot, patty, Estranged Gentlemen of Color, bitch, and you know I love you, but what you said was fucking amazing. This server has been a impact on my life I've seen change, met new people, and made good friends with each other. You've guys who been around as long as me or longer seen me in diapers to a grown man. Hopefully this isn't it and maybe this server or community, in other words, and still be apart of our lives. If there is a good farewell, we'll just meet each other on the crossroads including those in our hearts, R.I.P Physco Bunny.

[move] :hello2: PREACH :hello2: [/move]

Yeah im bout to get rid of this half finished mod that doesnt seem to be going anywhere and just put it back on nicks. Then atleast it will be playable. It was fun revisitng the 2009 mode of play but it seems like half broken shit doesn't last lol. As far as the community being dead, alot of it has to do with lack of admin activity due to real life obligations. Its not like the server will run out of money any time soon its payed up for atleast another year. It just needs a little love and attention.

Syle wrote:

Yeah im bout to get rid of this half finished mod that doesnt seem to be going anywhere and just put it back on nicks. Then atleast it will be playable. It was fun revisitng the 2009 mode of play but it seems like half broken shit doesn't last lol. As far as the community being dead, alot of it has to do with lack of admin activity due to real life obligations. Its not like the server will run out of money any time soon its payed up for atleast another year. It just needs a little love and attention.

Thaaannnkkkk Yooouuu.

Candybar244 wrote:

Syle wrote:

Thaaannnkkkk Yooouuu.

It's back, weed requires 300g of growth to collect, next code compile will let users know. Just in case anyones wondering.
    I will post some patch notes of what syle setup and such whenever I can ensure it's bug free.

BobVeka wrote:

Candybar244 wrote:

Syle wrote:

Thaaannnkkkk Yooouuu.

It's back, weed requires 300g of growth to collect, next code compile will let users know. Just in case anyones wondering.
    I will post some patch notes of what syle setup and such whenever I can ensure it's bug free.

My heros. C:-) C:-) C:-)

A.T.P U.S. Open wrote:

BobVeka wrote:

Candybar244 wrote:

Syle wrote:

Thaaannnkkkk Yooouuu.

Heroes*
    Charging headfirst into a whole lotta dakka.

VigorousSnow wrote:

A.T.P U.S. Open wrote:

BobVeka wrote:

Candybar244 wrote:

Syle wrote:

Thaaannnkkkk Yooouuu.

Heroes*

Nigga im tired I just worked 14 hours