Deathwish's Admin Application

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Deathwish's Admin Application

--Basic info--

In-Game name: Deathwish

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:28342112 27:02 94 0 active#

Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/deadlywishes/

Time played: 0m:00d:11h:17m (Map Reset)

Skype(Optional): clarence.liu7

--Questions--

Do you have a mic?: Yes, I do! Always use it :)

Why are you applying for Administration?: I am applying for administration because I feel the need to help players who are new. It seems like the server is lacking in staff and could require some help. Since i'm on the server most of the time, I don't mind helping new players out. I can offer my experience as well as my knowledge to educate new players on how to make PROPERLY ROLEPLAY!

How much time can you dedicate to the server?(Include time zone): Pacific Standard Time (PST) I can probably spend around 2+ hours playing on the server. School is starting soon, so I wont be on as much as in the summer. I can probably be on more during the weekend.

What is the proper process to deal with a rule-breakers?: Warn -> Kick -> Ban -> Perm Ban...

Do you have previous experience as Administrator?: Has been an admin on old RP servers. Played this game when the first Petrock server was announced. Community Co-Owner for gmod (amrcommunity.com)

Anything else you would like to add?: Got my admin taken away because I abused the "/goto" command. I have learned my lesson and will not abuse it again.

Thank you for taking your time to read this!

-Deathwish
  • Re: Deathwish's Admin Application

I have seen him in game a lot and he is very active and helps out a great deal, very good app, I also see he is man enough to admit his past wrong doings and I truely hope he does not fall back into doing that again, I can see him being a trial and helping out more.

I say yes
    You defeat your enemies when they become your friends

I'd like to note the Admin wasn't removed only for abusing /goto. Player was also removed for inactivity, etc. Eventually it came to a point where the only time he logged in would be to ask when hes getting promoted and was told multiple times he needs to be more active.

I'm for giving people second chances, but i'd like to see mr bean or poolman get a chance before others get trial a second time.

The post was edited 1 time, last by BobVeka ().

BobVeka wrote:

I'd like to note the Admin wasn't removed only for abusing /goto. Player was also removed for inactivity, etc. Eventually it came to a point where the only time he logged in would be to ask when hes getting promoted and was told multiple times he needs to be more active.

I'm for giving people second chances, but i'd like to see mr bean or poolman get a chance before others get trial a second time.

This

He's a nice guy and all, I don't dislike him as a person and I'm always up for second chances. But someone that steam messages you to post on their application is asking for a denied app. It's what I hate most, impatience, if you're to impatient to wait for me to post when I want to then you don't have the patience for admin. I'm not saying a -1 or +1 because he only did it once and I see good admin qualities in him, this is just a neutral post, and a note to all other future applicants, don't beg admins for a +1

Eldrun wrote:

He's a nice guy and all, I don't dislike him as a person and I'm always up for second chances. But someone that steam messages you to post on their application is asking for a denied app. It's what I hate most, impatience, if you're to impatient to wait for me to post when I want to then you don't have the patience for admin. I'm not saying a -1 or +1 because he only did it once and I see good admin qualities in him, this is just a neutral post, and a note to all other future applicants, don't beg admins for a +1

I understand Eldrun, but I never really begged for a +1. I simply asked for your input on my application. Anyways, thank you!

Death wish has recently taken up with Anubis in blackmailing new players to give them keys to their doors or they will break all their locks, kill then, and steal any source of income they could possibly make. There comes a time when you should draw the line in breaking locks and killing people and this obviously over steps that line. This shows an extreme lack of care for the server in a whole beating up new players with their bank when they still hardly understand how the server works meaning our population will suffer. This is a very large minus one.

Eldrun wrote:

Death wish has recently taken up with Anubis in blackmailing new players to give them keys to their doors or they will break all their locks, kill then, and steal any source of income they could possibly make. There comes a time when you should draw the line in breaking locks and killing people and this obviously over steps that line. This shows an extreme lack of care for the server in a whole beating up new players with their bank when they still hardly understand how the server works meaning our population will suffer. This is a very large minus one.

Giving keys to their doors or I will break their locks? When did I EVER say that? I never broke a single lock... Lack of care for the server? I helped plenty of new players last night. It's kind of funny how you say all these things but none of them are true.

PayD.BPN17: [04:45 PM] (????) Deathwish : FUCK YOU ANU
    [04:45 PM] Haxy : MUCH BORINGS
    [04:45 PM] (????) Deathwish : FUCKING SHIT BAG
    [04:45 PM] (????) Deathwish : I DONT EVEN GET WHAT THE FUCK YOU MEAN
    [04:45 PM] (????) Deathwish : I WAS ASKING A FUCKING QUESTION
    [04:45 PM] (????) Deathwish : YOU ASSHOLE

I don't have much to say about death, but he definitely gets angry easily which is a proponent of abuse. anu was his friend before this moment.

however, he seems to care about the server a little more and is definitely more active and respectable as a player.

I would like to see deathwish improve upon himself by helping out new players or just offering help or a tour of the map.

overall I am going to say +1 just due to improvement and more room for improvement. The fact that deathwish has improved vastly since his last admin experience and under close observation he may just be the trial he might not have been last time.

for second chances, I believe Vigorous Snow should be given a second shot first.

(sorry I had to leave before I could finish writing this post so I had to cut it halfway lol)

The post was edited 1 time, last by BPN17 ().

Deathwish wrote:

Eldrun wrote:

Giving keys to their doors or I will break their locks? When did I EVER say that? I never broke a single lock... Lack of care for the server? I helped plenty of new players last night. It's kind of funny how you say all these things but none of them are true.

You did not directly threaten the players bit you funded Anubis for this operation when you clearly knew what he was doing. Although you did stop after this falling out between you two. Plus there was a bit of communication error between me and the four informants of this, I apologize for this and will remove my minus one, although I'm still staying neutral for now.

Eldrun wrote:

Deathwish wrote:

Eldrun wrote:

You did not directly threaten the players bit you funded Anubis for this operation when you clearly knew what he was doing. Although you did stop after this falling out between you two. Plus there was a bit of communication error between me and the four informants of this, I apologize for this and will remove my minus one, although I'm still staying neutral for now.

I appreciate you changing your vote to "neutral". With all due respect, where do you find these information? I would like to know specifically what I did to "fund" Anubis for the "operation." I don't even know what I did myself to fund him, nor know what this operation was... Once again, thank you for changing your vote. I'm just really curious because I want to know what to improve on.

Thank you!

Deathwish wrote:

Eldrun wrote:

Deathwish wrote:

Eldrun wrote:

I appreciate you changing your vote to "neutral". With all due respect, where do you find these information? I would like to know specifically what I did to "fund" Anubis for the "operation." I don't even know what I did myself to fund him, nor know what this operation was... Once again, thank you for changing your vote. I'm just really curious because I want to know what to improve on.

Thank you!

As far as the lines of communication are concerned, I think there was a mistake between "fund" or "support". We at least publically saw you siding with anubis (which with the what the lines of rumours and such that were going on, didn't put you in a good place to begin with). I can't comment 100% on the anubis situation, and I still refrain from doing so out of risk of biases. We may get ahead of ourselves in game, but out of game is a time to step back and look at what we've done / said. As far as your particular case though, I think it was a case of the classic "telephone" game. One person became associated with something, and you became associated with them which automatically put you under their umbrella of rumours.
    sniper santa misslelauncher