Can't AFK at night

• Can't AFK at night

Just was wondering why every night since the server has been fixed recently I cant afk while I am sleeping... Today was the first day I woke up to see I was still connected! JOY! But to my demise I find out that the hud is gone, I lost all my money from afking once again, and the admin was tryng to crash the server with barrels that just lags it out even worse.. I had to say something in order for him to even restart it for real to fix the lag he created. If you need to restart the server, restart it. but put people back in afk not left on the street, especially if they have been afking all night :/ admin said it was a little laggy but not that laggy thats why he used the barrels to restart the server? weird to me.. I suggested using flaming barrels to get an instant crash.. but he didnt know how to. lol. maybe the server doesnt have that model to throw.. either way a regular restart would be the more professional way to do it especially seeing as the regular barrels just lag it up from the last 2 times I seen him do this. The admin (420Alex) did ask me how much I lost but I just left because It was more than one night of afking that I lost my money. One of my other friends is having the same problem as me and he said he wont come back to this game and rp anymore. I feel bad for him. Mainly why I wrote this was cuz of him. I already got JackAttack to donate and was about to get my friend who left this game to donate too but now he hates the server. Just one of many ways the server misses out on donations. I want him to continue playing here but he wont now. Ill still play here but im not going to play as much considering all of the bullshit.
  • Re: Can't AFK at night

I was attempting to use barrels because map restarts only brought the lag back. I cannot do a full server restart as I probably should be able to. I do believe that server stability needs to be fixed I do believe this server stability needs to be fixed, but even on the old mod when we were using it before we were not losing are afk money due to the crashes or restarts. I apologize if there's run-on sentences or spelling errors in this, I lost power and I'm being forced to report back on my phone
    sniper santa misslelauncher

lol well if a map restart wont fix it then a slow painful death of slow agonizing lag wont help either. Even if you could restart the map with barrels instantly, which you cant, its the same as a map restart lol figured you would know that. Then again it doesnt take much to know how to do a basic or trial admin so I guess I cant blame you lol

your friend cant really be mad at a 10 year old game that hasnt been updated since 2009. like its a miracle it stays up for 48hours now. things start to break after hour 50 or so, just due to the fact of the engine being pushed to its limit. spamming props is not an effective way to restart it too. Perhaps we could set a regular restart schedule of every 24 hours or somthing to avoid the plugin breaking. Never has been a issue since we haven't had uptime of over 6 hours in awhile. Afking is not the best way to make money anymore. Playing the game, killing, robbing, growing is where the money is. afking is an added bonus but i wouldnt expect to have a ton of cash over night with so many things that could go wrong.

Maybe too many props on this map there is a prop limit you know and also if people cant afk well thats really bad imo. Most people afk. And ya my friend sent me money to donate for him but asked me to return it to buy a better game he said. He only played this game for 4 days and wanted vip. I showed him how but now hes gone and not my friend anymore. Oh well, if noone cares thats cool but I try to get people to donate and it works most of the time. But if it doesnt matter ill stop getting donations for ya especially seeing as I see no hope for fixing this server if its so bad right now

You have no idea what you are talking about. Nothings broken. the servers uptime hit 2days today. I'm More concerned with the actual gameplay not the ability for people to purposly not play and sit to collect paychecks. "Imo" you shouldnt be allowd to afk its a stupid concept that inflates the economy but its so engrained in hl2 culture i just leave it. Some friend who plays for less than a week then removes you is not worth the time of day. Server works fine, afking works fine , quit bitching about stupid shit. Locked
  • Users Online 1

1 Guest