Ban Request: 1? ?uP of ?wE??M???

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Ban Request: 1? ?uP of ?wE??M???

IGN: Haxy
    SteamID:
    Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/clienthax

--Accused member information--

IGN: 1? ?uP of ?wE??M???
    SteamID: STEAM_0:1:25202570
    Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Hunter5471

--Format--

What rules did said player break?:
    RDM as cop

Your description of what your demo/screenshots contains:
    Cop shooting me with no shots fired at him first

Witnesses at the scene:
    See demo

Was there an admin online at the time?:
    None that weren't AFK

If the previous question was yes why did they not deal with this?:

Does this player have any previous bans?:
    Unknown

Proof of rule breaking:
    https://youtu.be/pL9SYH2yoBA
  • Re: Ban Request: 1? ?uP of ?wE??M???

It looks to me like a cop attacking another cop.
    Yes there is a rule with a cop must stop attacking another cop but saying it over microphone doesn't amount for much when we have no clue if the player even has voice chat enabled.

Since I don't know Cup of Awesome or if he/she uses a microphone and talks or listens from a first hand view I'll have to leave it to someone whom can acknowledge that Cup of Awesome does or doesn't.

Next time type it out in chat so no matter what they had been warned.

Volar wrote:

Yes there is a rule with a cop must stop attacking another cop but saying it over microphone doesn't amount for much when we have no clue if the player even has voice chat enabled.

Since I don't know Cup of Awesome or if he/she uses a microphone and talks or listens from a first hand view I'll have to leave it to someone whom can acknowledge that Cup of Awesome does or doesn't.

What? i was a rebel, you can clearly see on the freking tab list that he brings up, i dont even have cop rank atm, so how the hell can he be attacking me as a cop?

clienthax wrote:

Volar wrote:

What? i was a rebel, you can clearly see on the freking tab list that he brings up, i dont even have cop rank atm, so how the hell can he be attacking me as a cop?

Yeah, it looked to me like he was golden vip but had cop model and name for some reason. It's happened to me as well, confused the fuck out of me till I realized what happened :P

Eldrun wrote:

In the video haxy had a bounty, which makes it so Cup of Awesome may shoot the rebel. Denied.

*note if this has been changed just accept it then and take proper action against cup of Awesome

Im sorry but what? where does it state that on the cop rules, you can not just make up rules on the spot eldrun
    and i dam well know that ive been yelled at by admins for claiming bountys as cop before
    https://sites.google.com/site/syle22stestwiki/the-server-rules
    "No random death matching, you may only kill when shot at."

Eldrun wrote:

In the video haxy had a bounty, which makes it so Cup of Awesome may shoot the rebel. Denied.

*note if this has been changed just accept it then and take proper action against cup of Awesome

Cup can only shoot with less than lethal equipment if someone has a bounty
    Since he wasn't slowed (showing that this wasn't being used), this does fall under cop rdm.
    I'm not giving my opinion one way or the other, I?m just stating the facts as I see them
    sniper santa misslelauncher

I honestly didn't pay attention to the scoreboard when it popped up. I saw Haxy in a cop model with a Blue name that said Friend so I assumed was a cop. - So my bad there.

As for the RDM Haxy is seen Suiciding albeit the end there could be seen as accidental.

Firing wise a Cop cannot shoot at a Rebel unless they have 3500+ Bounty and the Cop must be using Less than Lethal ammo.

I'll talk to Cup in game and issue a warning. Next offense will be a short ban.

I don't often get the chance to hunt for a bounty. They are few and far between over the last few years. But I thought it was a bounty is open for all, cop or rebel to get. If that's not the case, I've been misinformed and wouldn't let it happen again.

BUT, in my defense I thought he was a cop. And a cop can ff a cop such as a rebel to a rebel. He showed up as a friend on my screen, as I was a cop, so that should indicate he's a cop. I don't know what the deal with that is, I would've switched to rebel had I known he was a rebel. Thinking he was a cop, I switched to even the playing field. A cop spawning with weapons, and a bounty? I wanted fair odds. He shouldn't have been able to switch to cop with a bounty right? II checked that scoreboard, it was confusing, I thought the game glitched or something, but because of the previously mentioned reasons I attacked anyway going for the bounty.

I've always been one to abide by the rules, and I've been on and off of this server the years. On that off time, maybe things have changed I didn't know about. What's this new system on lethal and non-lethal?

Based on the demo as well as arguments from both sides of this issue, I believe there shouldn't be a ban.

Cup, please be more careful next time. I have known you to follow the rules well, and I am convinced that this was due to confusion and not intentional. However, repeats of this offense, should they happen accidentally or at all, will have to be addressed with more than a warning. However I trust that this won't be an issue in the future.

Also, the less than lethal system is a weapon system that cops may opt in or out of. The less-than-lethal system makes all guns only deal a small fraction of the standard damage that would normally be done. The benefit for the cop is that the player is slowed down greatly, allowing that cop to more easily cuff and jail the player. Less than lethal shots at a player are allowed if they have high crime since that is sometimes the only way a cop can catch up to a player on the run. This can be toggled using the NPC inside the police department. I don't remember where I placed him, but I think he is in the target practice room if I recall properly.

I am closing this as the issue should be resolved now.

For those of you who may be butthurt that a ban was not issued, remember that the goal of a ban request or abuse report is to resolve the problem. Sometimes a ban is necessary for that, but most of the time bans only reduce the player count. This game is so fucking dead that banning someone is basically like banning 2% of the total player population in this game.