No overtrolling

• No overtrolling

okay so there was an issue today regarding this rule, two players are playing and one is killing the other more, he claims that he is being over trolled. rdming isnt against the rules but this is so vague it could mean 3 kills and the player rage quits or it could be killing them 15 times and breaking their locks.

Don't overdo trolling someone.

thats all that the motd says, if i could get some imput on this rule that would be great
      You defeat your enemies when they become your friends
    • Re: No overtrolling

So basically what happened in this specific situation was that I (Rat Meat) was killing Chameleon over and over. Meanwhile he is shit talking me while I continue you to kill him. After about 20-30 minutes of getting destroyed he has a mental break down and tries to claim this rule on me of "no over trolling" which I at first assumed was a bullshit attempt to get me to stop killing him but it turns out its actually a rule. The issue with this rule in my opinion is that it is way too vague and anyone can bitch and whine and claim they are being "over trolled". All I was doing was killing him which is part of the game.

I went cop to take his crime. Then after he gets his crime cleared he goes cop to shoot at me but I went civil cuz theres too many cops and crime. Then he goes civil and starts shooting at me. I understand rdm is not overtrolling all I was saying was he is a shitty cop for the reason I just showed and also I did feel over-trolled but if what he was doin was fine then so be it. I'm not here to argue. I'm sure hell get to keep his cop and ill be the wrong one here. But at least Ill know I can run around killing anyone and everyone asking for 25k cuz this proves I can.

Anubis wrote:

I went cop to take his crime. Then after he gets his crime cleared he goes cop to shoot at me but I went civil cuz theres too many cops and crime. Then he goes civil and starts shooting at me. I understand rdm is not overtrolling all I was saying was he is a shitty cop for the reason I just showed and also I did feel over-trolled but if what he was doin was fine then so be it. I'm not here to argue. I'm sure hell get to keep his cop and ill be the wrong one here. But at least Ill know I can run around killing anyone and everyone asking for 25k cuz this proves I can.

You should probably reword this and explain yourself a little more so that this makes sense

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethics

troll2
      tr?l/
      verb
      gerund or present participle: trolling

informal
      make a deliberately offensive or provocative online posting with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them.
      "if people are obviously trolling then I'll delete your posts and do my best to ban you"
      fish by trailing a baited line along behind a boat.
      "we trolled for mackerel"

The post was edited 1 time, last by Syle ().

Solution:

Bring back respect system.
      Kill someone, lose a point.
      Jailed, lose a point
      Killed, nothing happens. You don't gain nor lose.
      Have your plant or printer stolen, lose a point.
      Do certain job actions (such as harvesting a full weed plant, or taking X money from a printer) and earn respect points
      Respect points earned more quickly with jobs that don't involve you going afk
      Respect gives you guns, and slightly faster plant growth/printer speeds.

TF2274_r.2.0 wrote:

Solution:

Jailed, lose a point
      Do certain job actions (such as harvesting a full weed plant, or taking X money from a printer) and earn respect points

Sort of working on this already, though I keep getting side tracked on a crash bug that happens randomly.

Die lose a point, jail lose a point, Kill cops gain 2 points, collect over 300g from weed gain 2 points, take 2k from a money printer gain 2 points, kill players over x amount of hours gain a point. The idea is to let players gain respect from both jobs and kills, but make sure killing new players isn't rewarded and players not good at killing or anyone really can gain it in other ways. Losing points for having your plant or printer stolen sounds pretty nice actually. Respect will give hp and other things rather than straight up guns though.

I don't think it really solves the overtrolling problem though. We get players that get killed, rage, then get killed more because they raged. At some points it's half the server overtrolling. Do we punish all of them, ignore it or do we simply chalk it up as something that comes with our community rule set that for the most part encourages freedom as long as you aren't glitching or killing brand new players. Respect could be used an excuse for killing someone, but they can still do it so much where it turns into a player quitting. Perhaps we just replace the rule of no overtrolling to don't be an ass, and even then nothing really covers or fixes the issue without clear examples on what does or doesn't cross the line.

TF2274_r.2.0 wrote:

Solution:

Jailed, lose a point

I think it's a good idea :hello2:

How about -2 for killing under 5 hours? That may discourage the wingnuts who do it constantly when admins are not watching.
      Also, on that note, -1 for cops who land baton blows on players with less than 1800 crime (every blow, -1). Lots of soft cop abuse in this manner... make it sting back a bit for the rule breakers, and give the admins time to do more constructive stuff than babysit and play the warn/kick/ban game with people (or our own cops) who like to bend the rules constantly.
      "Dynamic rule enforcement"... less babysitting ;)
      --ThunderShorts

TF2274_r.2.0 wrote:

Solution:

Jailed, lose a point

Lose respect for killing people who are above five hours? Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Nobody wrote:

TF2274_r.2.0 wrote:

Solution:

Jailed, lose a point

Lose respect for killing people who are above five hours? Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

above?

TF2274_r.2.0 wrote:

Solution:

Jailed, lose a point

seconded, the server should police itself and admins should not be necessary at all in a complete ballanced rp mod.
    • Users Online 1

1 Guest