new maps for server / maps we do and dont want

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Re: new maps for server / maps we do and dont want

Can we seriously try out signtum vista again, all the other maps have been over used and are boring as hell, especially uptown.

For those that don't know what signtum vista is, it's a huge space ship that you can live on, it has apartments, PD, and lots of other things. It also has other space ships you can buy. That's right, your own person spaceship.

Eldrun wrote:

Can we seriously try out signtum vista again, all the other maps have been over used and are boring as hell, especially uptown.

For those that don't know what signtum vista is, it's a huge space ship that you can live on, it has apartments, PD, and lots of other things. It also has other space ships you can buy. That's right, your own person spaceship.

I'd second a move to something fresh before going back to the oldies
      sniper santa misslelauncher

420alex wrote:

Eldrun wrote:

I'd second a move to something fresh before going back to the oldies

whens the last time its been used lol? once, twice? I think it is time to go to this one or at least something not over used.

When I said a new map, I meant "new to most players", not "of recent vintage" ;)
      Variety seems to work best, so why would we move backwards a step to a map that many were relieved to finally be moving away from?
      --ThunderShorts

People were happy to move away from Linesse because it was on the server for like 8 straight fucking months like holy shit. I don't think many players would mind us rotating there for 2 or 3 months like with Freemancity or any other map.

I haven't worked on Signum Vita in a LONG time. In all honesty that map has issues. I was a very new mapper back then. I copy pasta'd a number of aspects (though most is also my own work). Plus a lot of it causes issues with leaks and reliable snapshot overflows, etc. The whole map would have to be thoroughly reworked, that will take a LONG time. I'm already coding the new plugin which is a MASSIVE undertaking. Between that, my part time job, and uni starting up in a week, I can't do it.

TF2274_r.2.0 wrote:

People were happy to move away from Linesse because it was on the server for like 8 straight fucking months like holy shit. I don't think many players would mind us rotating there for 2 or 3 months like with Freemancity or any other map.

I haven't worked on Signum Vita in a LONG time. In all honesty that map has issues. I was a very new mapper back then. I copy pasta'd a number of aspects (though most is also my own work). Plus a lot of it causes issues with leaks and reliable snapshot overflows, etc. The whole map would have to be thoroughly reworked, that will take a LONG time. I'm already coding the new plugin which is a MASSIVE undertaking. Between that, my part time job, and uni starting up in a week, I can't do it.

I thought the snapshot overflows was fixed in the v1.1 or w/e. But I mean it's at least worth to try some new maps why not put it on the ballet and see.

If we aren't going to replace linesse we should at least change the rotation to something else AFTER linese.

A few maps that could be used that I like
      Rp_city26
      Rp_ap_interurban
      Rp_ice_icity_v6
      Rp_yomamascity_n

I'll post screenshots of each so people can see each map to see If we can add and remove maps in the rotation to make things more fresh, because lets be almost most people don't want to keep playing the same maps.