TF's Job Suggestion Thread

• Re: TF's Job Suggestion Thread

Oh the system doesn't give a shit how many props you have spawned. It only cares about how many you saved. So if you spawn a prop, but have already saved your limit's worth, it will still spawn the prop. However, if you use the /savefurniture or /placeprop commands the plugin will simply tell you that you've reached your prop limit.

So if you are at your prop limit, you can still spawn more stuff. You just can't actually save it without first using /pickup on one of your previously saved props.

I don't want to be too restrictive, but if it becomes necessary, I will have to track the number of unsaved props as well. So like a second limit beyond the save limit that is 10 props higher or something. However, this may not be necessary, and I hope it doesn't. I'd prefer to only track the number of saves, and block any function that saves if you're at the save limit rather than also track unsaved props usage such as when you want to spawn an explosive barrel.

The post was edited 1 time, last by CaveJohnson ().

What about props that are meant to be floors/dividers? would those just be spawned in with admin assistance to avoid those being stolen?

e.g. combine inner wall
      some of the bigger exterior fences

and if they are meant to be stolen, will these kinds of props be available for players to spawn?

I think it's fair to have an admin to spawn those in (unstealable) but I would like to know the official workings of your mind when it comes to the new system.

I probably already know the answers to these questions, but I just want to get it officially on the table.
      From the looks of it, the player spawning system is more for decorative generic looks (like tables, chairs, couches & all that shit)

sniper santa misslelauncher

Did you see the video though? The player placement system can allow for fairly complex setups. Almost every type of setup can be done by the players now.

Also mentioned in the video, no props can be stolen. Theft system is there, but disabled. It will be re-enabled should that become necessary due to player prop abuse.

Props placed by admins for the map (global props such as furniture store decorations) cannot be picked up by anyone. Only deleted via admin command.

Props placed by admins for a player cannot be picked up by anyone and can only be deleted by an admin.

Admins must spawn player props using db_create_player <modelname> <playername>. The command works just like db_create, but sets the prop owner to the player it is being spawned for. This is what makes the dynamic spawn system work. The plugin has to know who "owns" what props in order to spawn and despawn them based on who's online.

Props placed and saved by a player can only be picked up by that same player or deleted by an admin. No theft allowed unless the prop abuse becomes too much.

Honestly if prop abuse becomes a problem, then I might just make it where the sm_placeprop feature only lets players move the prop, but no saving. An admin would still have to be there to save the prop.

Admin commands for saving and unsaving props will always be sm_saveit and sm_remove. sm_remove will only remove the db entry. db_delete will delete the model from the world itself.

I watched the whole video and am aware that the stealing will be disabled but my concern is those props being in anyone's inventories if made avail for pickup. Would admins just spawn those in so they're locked in as a world entity? I can't imagine admins would want to keep respawning that shit for people that just pick it up and move it into the middle of the world. I just think a new set of rules or guidelines would have to be added to the motd for those that abuse the privileges or admins are gonna need to play a part in partial house setups for those odd props. And maybe a way of stripping a player of prop rights. I apologize for any run-on sentences or spelling errors, I'm sending this from my phone at work.

Terrorist:
      1). As A terrorist you plant special high explosive bombs in highly populated areas of the map already designated and defend it for <X> Time until it explodes. You gain money from successfully having your bomb blow up, and more money for damage or death done to others.
      2). High explosive bomb, the purpose is to cause damage to other players and to just keep it ticking until it explodes. The bomb will have to be made by the terrorist and different tiers of bombs with higher explosive rates can be made by mixing different ingredients.
      3)You can only have one bomb planted at a time and a max of three ingredients.
      4). This job is balanced in a number of ways, firstly other players will try and stop you to get money themselves, second you have to have the money to make the bomb thus giving it a risk and reward factor. Third it's broadcasted when the bomb is planted.
      5). This job relies on both npc's and other players. You must buy the supplies to make the bomb and then put it together yourself, giving you some crime, next you'll have to plant a bomb giving you more crime. Cops will try to stop you and then special cops (described later) will try and defuse the bomb. Thus before you can plant the bomb at least 2 cops must be online.
      6). Crime is giving after combining the ingredients, enough for cuff. Then bounty crime will be given after planting the bomb.

Note: msg me on steam if you think of any bugs or exploits, also I can help with more details if needed.
      -----------------------------

Bomb Disposal:
      1). A special cop job, accessible inside the PD at it's own npc where you "get special training" to defuse bombs planted by terrorist.
      2). Bomb defuse kit
      3). One at a time
      4). This job is balanced because you have to go after the bomb and fight the terrorist with your own guns, so you'll lose money doing so.
      5). This job is player reliant, but hey I'm just shooting out ideas.
      6). No crime is given, this is a cop job.

To be honest firefighter can replace the job but I'll leave that up to you, this way at least more bomb disposal units are available rather than just players who apply for fire fighter.
      ---------------------------

Arsonist:
      1). You light fires to players props and keep the fire going till it burns away (until server restart of course).
      2). Some sort of fuel I guess
      3). Four at a time.
      4). The job is balanced because firefighters will be fighting to put it out, and thus there needs to be at least one player that /can/ be a firefighter and then it will broadcast server wide a fire has started that way that player knows to switch. IT also sends tracers to the props that are on fire to the fire fighter.
      5). This job is both player and prop reliant.
      6). Crime is given per prop, and is enough for an arrest after just one, then bounty after three.

Note: This gives another thing for fire fighters to do.
      -------------------------

More suggestions:

- Remove kickdoor price, and possibly lower or remove the crime. I think it would fix the economy if police started going after plants and printers. That way, people won't be able to sit and plant $10 million in their house. If you want to keep the crime limit for kicking doors, then make the crime not go down like before, so you can't just plant/print and then wait till your crime reaches 0 before you collect.

Well there is a new thing called "inventory mass". Items involved with jobs (right now just planting and printing) have a mass/weight. You can only carry so many kilograms of mass at a time. So after a certain amount of money or grams are made through your job, you will have to leave your apartment to go get more supplies.

Also, kickdoor price isn't changing for now.

Also, cops will eventually have much more they can do when players aren't earning much crime.

TF2274_r.2.0 wrote:

Well there is a new thing called "inventory mass". Items involved with jobs (right now just planting and printing) have a mass/weight. You can only carry so many kilograms of mass at a time. So after a certain amount of money or grams are made through your job, you will have to leave your apartment to go get more supplies.

Also, kickdoor price isn't changing for now.

Also, cops will eventually have much more they can do when players aren't earning much crime.

TF is gettin' me excited for this new mod
      I may even play CP again (actively)

Just got done coding the prop 'disposal' system.

When player joins, plugin load's that players props. If that player's props are already loaded then we skip that step. We don't want to load props twice (you'll see why some player's props can be loaded without them being in game).

After the new player's props are loaded (if not already), the plugin looks at every door the player has key access to (not admin access, only player-given key access). For each door that the client has key access to, the plugin looks up the steamid of that door's owner (the person who typed /buydoor and paid the money).

Any props associated with those door owner's steam IDs are then spawned (if not already spawned). This way, someone with keys to a door can see the props inside the apartment, even if the apartment owner is not online. Works great for gangs.

When that client leaves the game, the plugin makes a list. The list consists of the steam id of the client who is leaving the server, but also of every steam ID of the door owners who gave keys to that client.

Then the plugin goes through the list of steam IDs, including the steam ID of the client who is leaving the server. The plugin looks at every door owned by each of those Steam IDs and looks at each keyholder of each of those doors. If a player is still online who has keys to one of those doors, then the props belonging to that door owner do not get deleted.

It was tricky coming up with the correct algorithm for the above, but I now have a system which dynamically spawns and despawns props based on who is in game.
    • Users Online 1

1 Guest