Respect Suggestion

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Respect Suggestion

First off I would like to mention that I wouldn't call it respect. I'd call it "Honor". This is due to the fact that this idea comes from a game I used to play a long time ago. This idea isn't entirely ripped from this other game, but certain aspects come from it.

So the idea here is to keep a respect system of some sort, but also to discourage excessive DM without directly penalizing anyone for DMing.
      Here's how it works:

Each player has honor points. They can be positive or negative.
      Honor points can be gained and lost for various reasons:

Jobs:
      Doing a job-related activity (any job, even as cop): +0.2 honor points

Killing other players:
      Killing a player, shooting first: -5 honor points
      Killing a player who shot you first: 0 honor points (gain nothing, lose nothing)
      Killing a cop: -3 honor points no matter what (cop rules still apply)
      Killing as a cop: 0 honor points (cop rules still apply)
      Killing a player with negative honor points: +1 honor point
      Killing a player with a bounty: +1 honor point regardless of who shot first
      Killing a player with a bounty as a Hitman: +2 honor points regardless of who shot first

Getting Killed by another player:
      Getting killed, having shot first: -2 honor points
      Getting killed, you didn't shoot first: 0 honor points
      Getting killed by a cop: 0 honor points no matter what
      Getting killed as a cop: 0 honor points, no matter what (cop rules still apply)
      Getting killed, you didn't shoot first, but you have negative honor points: +1 honor point

Gang Related:
      Killing a player in a gang your gang is at war with: 0 honor points
      Accepting a player with negative honor points into a gang: -1 honor point for all gang members, online or offline

So how do honor points affect you?
      If you look above, you will already see that having negative honor points means that others gain honor points by killing you. Therefore you could potentially become a greater target.
      Additionally, negative honor points means you don's spawn with anything, and your health can go as low as 75hp when you spawn (you have to reach -100 honor points to get that low of health on spawn).
      Negative honor points also means that if you get accepted into a gang, every gang member will lose one honor point.

If you have a positive number of honor points, then you can spawn with up to an additional 25 hp (undecided ratio of honor points : additional hp). Also, more honor means you might (yet to be decided) spawn with starting weapons. Additionally, more honor points will lead to some unlockables in the future. That has yet to be determined, but there will be other perks to having a positive honor score.

In Summary:
      So the idea behind the above system is to bring back the respect system, but to also have a system that can balance the killing/RDMing issue with the normal use of the rp jobs. Basically, if you want to RDM, fucking go ahead you stupid prick. However, you will have to play the rp game like normal by doing any of the jobs, and killing those with bounties or negative honor points, etc. to gain back the honor lost from a killing spree.
    • Re: Respect Suggestion

So RDM = bad
      Doing jobs = good

It's interesting that doing your job gets honor points and pointless rdm makes you ose them, I like it. Maybe put a spin that you at least get something in the trade off for the lose of health by rdming others.

i like it a lot are you sure you can even do it ? it looks like a lot of work for you guys
      You wanna disrespect me, you little fuckin&#039; punk?<br />Everything I&#039;ve done to be who I am? As far as I&#039;ve fuckin&#039; come?<br />I&#039;ll slap you so fuckin&#039; hard, It&#039;ll feel like you kissed a freight train.<br />Fuck you!

petrho (alucard) wrote:

i like it a lot are you sure you can even do it ? it looks like a lot of work for you guys

If it comes up as a proposal, that means that the logistics of it have already been basically lined out..
      He knows what his boundries are, especially since he's writing and testing our new mod.
      And if not, he at least tried to make it work O0
      sniper santa misslelauncher

The post was edited 1 time, last by 420alex ().

Looking great so far! The only thing I might find problematic is the fact that you lose -3 points no matter what for killing cops. I'm up for the idea of having the discouragement of random DM; however, from playing this RP server I find that the rebels and the Cops have different goals (Cops want to reduce crime while the rebels promote crime). With that said, I find that the -3 points from cop killings might some-what be counterproductive if you really want a "rebel" team because the loss of points may result in players feeling uncomfortable doing the things rebels should be doing ('fuck the police mentality', PD raids, killing cops to escape bounty...etc). I'm not saying that everyone who plays on the rebel team should have that play style because I am aware of some cop friendly people here - but there should be a reward system for players who choose to be 'hard core criminals' (possible new job?) who want nothing more than to cause pain and misery to cops and from what I have read on the previous patch notes in regards to the honor system, it is only players who have points that may receive prizes (correct me if I'm wrong). Anyways, I just wanted to reinforce the 'role play' aspect of the game and the -3 points for killing cops may remove some actions players may take in fear of losing honor.

TF2274_r.2.0 wrote:

Ok, so I suppose I could make it where you don't lose points for killing cops, but why do you want to encourage RDM Eldrun? Isn't RDMing the cancer of RP?

I can also suggest granting rebels 0.5 or any moderately low value for every cop kill they get, while losing -2 points if rebels shoot at a cop but die as a result (similar to the "Getting killed, having shot first: -2 honor points" rule originally mentioned). This way it maintains some of the cop vs. rebel activities while proposing the risk of losing -2 points when killed if they choose to go this route.

Eldrun wrote:

- No rdm = no risk = inflation
      - No rdm = boring repetive jobs
      - No rdm = empty streets
      - no rdm = No house raids = less locks = inflation somewhere else
      - rdm = eco check to an extent
      - rdm adds excitement to the game

Very true. But there can be good and bad kinds of rdm that you have to distinguish between (rdm noobs) etc so you can put negative honor on the "bad rdm" and maybe positive or neutral honor on the "good rdm"

Basically no rdm with make us equivalent to moonshade lol