Prepare Your Anus, BlueRP is almost here!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Prepare Your Anus, BlueRP is almost here!

Firstly, we will be doing the map change on Monday regardless of if the plugin is ready to go live. If the plugin is not ready to go live then we will just do the map change and NOT the plugin.

When the plugin and/or map change happens, there will not be any resets.

However, if there is a severe bug that fucks the economy, a reset OR rollback might be necessary. I don't expect this, but anything can go wrong with a plugin as advanced as this one when dealing with a full server of 32 players. Who fucking knows.

It's also possible that the plugin may go live, and then we find issues that force me to take it back down and revert to the old plugin again. Once again, I don't think that will happen, but it could.

It's all about the stability of the plugin and the integrity of the save data. Every effort is being made to ensure this happens, but it's not possible to know for sure if every issue has been perfectly fixed. Everyone will be asked to provide bug reports with every detail that they can include in order to better help me fix the issue. Critical bugs will be fixed at the first possible moment that I am able to make the fix. Non-critical bugs will be fixed in incremental updates.

Incremental updates will likely be released every other Friday. They will include bug fixes to non-critical bugs, and they will likely contain some sort of new feature. Sometimes there may not be an update if there were no bugs to work out, and if a new feature isn't ready.

Anyways, when this happens, I hope for the best, and I apologize in advance for any issues that this plugin may have upon release. I am making every possible effort to prevent these issues from happening in the first place. I just ask for patience from the players.

beer
  • syle22 wrote:

Make sure you backup before switching
    Nigga why you VAC banned?

BlancheNegre wrote:

Did you re-add the ability for users to freeze their own props? Because DFH already has it. If the people who play on that server have no trouble understanding, I think whatever you have is not "counter intuitive".
    I didn't, but perhaps I'll re-enable it later in an incremental update. Baby steps <3
  • Just gonna mention that I have been telling everyone that the plugin will go live with the map change in the morning.

I am no longer going to guarantee that. I decided last minute to rewrite the plugin's SQL control engine. I still am aiming for a morning plugin release (Atlanta time), but it might take me until the afternoon tomorrow depending on how this small recode goes.

Basically the recode will ensure better stability when it comes to SQL errors (for example, what if the SQL server completely crashes, how does the plugin handle that without wiping everyone's stats). Not that the plugin was vulnerable to sql issues, it's just that an sql issue caused a server crash.

The new sql code will ensure the following:
    - Anything RP related deleted, and all RP gaming suspended if a mysql error happens
    - You don't load if you join while the mysql server is still attempting to connect (either due to an error, or joining the server too soon after it starts)
    - As soon as a mysql connection is made, all players whom are connected will be loaded
    - Joining the server while a mysql connection is established will work like always, you just load in
    - no/negligable data loss due to mysql errors that are out of my plugin's control
    - no more server crashes due to a mysql error being thrown
    - no more client side crashes (that don't affect the server) if you join too soon

Also the new sql code will not interfere with the rest of the plugin. I won't explain every detail here, but the original mysql handling system is isolated from the rest of the plugin code. The rest of the code either doesn't give a shit about mysql, naturally doesn't do anything when nothing is loaded, or checks a connection flag to determine whether or not to work or block itself.