Staff promotion and server status

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Staff promotion and server status

Greetings users,

The latest switch to Blue RP has gone relatively smoothly when it came to keeping player stats. Everyone has their money and items. Truly a great accomplishment. However this is not to say that the switch has gone bug free. There has been numerous reports by players and admins of bugs. This is to be expected as the mod is brand new. TF2274 has been doing his best to fix the bugs as they are reported. There is a current issue with some of the code not loading on the live server while it loads on the test server. This issue is being looked into.

In the meantime I am calling this for the most part a "Beta" test of the blue rp code. I would like to advise you as players to play cautiously around these bugs. If you see one report it immediately to staff and we will roll out a fix for it as soon as TF2274 can to avoid any punishment.

As for the reset and map schedule we are on track to run linnese_r4 for the remainder of the month. Hopefully by the end of the month all the major bugs will be fixed and we can move on to more feature improvement. So far the automatic vip doors and mysql are working perfectly. No data loss so far. After the month is over i will re asses with TF on what we plan to do. I know a few players want to go to a voted map(ap_interurban, ice city etc) an option i am open to.

In the meanwhile enjoy the new mod and thank you for the patience in this time of bug fixing. I am excited to see what the mod will be capable of beyond what it is currently.

Staff Promotions:
    @Koala has been made root, congratulations to our aussie friend.
    @ThunderShorts has been promoted from trusted to elite
    @koipeSOL has been promoted to super
    @Poolman has been promoted to super

Post below any comments or concerns. Sidenote, Mike has continued to develop the site further in the wiki section, so be sure to check that out!
  • I fixed the problem with modules loading.

The only problem with modules that remains is that if you reload the core plugin, you gotta reload the modules as well. Which is fine. It still allows for the core plugin to be reloaded, as well as any individual modules, without restarting the map or server. With modules, you can load and unload modules at will without restarting the BluRP core.

At the moment, I have 6 bugs written down that I will be working on. No more severe bugs have been found and the plugin is actually operating very smoothly.
  • TF2274 wrote:

I fixed the problem with modules loading.

The only problem with modules that remains is that if you reload the core plugin, you gotta reload the modules as well. Which is fine. It still allows for the core plugin to be reloaded, as well as any individual modules, without restarting the map or server. With modules, you can load and unload modules at will without restarting the BluRP core.

At the moment, I have 6 bugs written down that I will be working on. No more severe bugs have been found and the plugin is actually operating very smoothly.
    nice, i wasn't aware you fixed the modules. Its good to see we are making fast progress
  • You might not have noticed because I have been slowly introducing the modules. Just today I finally got all of them online. I just didn't want to get flooded with more bugs.

Nobody reported bugs with the legacyjobs module, so I launched the events module, and furniture module. So far so good. The advanced door functions module has been working for a while as it was the only one that loaded from the start.