[Resolved] summary of some bugs Jan 31 Oz time

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [Resolved] summary of some bugs Jan 31 Oz time

Player name..... Koala
    Steam....... 0:1:16174385

No crashes observed with these.

recent bugs and observations: in no particular order :- Jan 31 Oztime
    [props not included here]

****** - Won't be fixed until we can find a way to recreate the bug on demand. -TF

1). cops are sometimes invinceable. Have seen bullets go through them and hit wall.(******)
    2). cop stunstick sets vip 150 hp to 100 hp [was fixed by Bob](Fixed, v1.01)
    3). cop bribe commands not functional(Verified working)
    4). bounty kills do not usually get jailed(Fixed, v1.01)
    5). cuffsaw usually does not work on bounty kills(Fixed, v1.01)
    6). the teleport into the bank sometimes works for cops, sometimes doesn't.(Map related bug)
    7). PD control room #7 not working (not plugin related)
    8). Cop less than lethal ammo available?(gay feature, probably won't be added)
    9). can't rob some npcs; 2 bankers at door end of bank, Eli and Alyx in furn shop.
    10). no exitafk
    11). door owners can't see keyholders
    12). labels messed up(Fixed, v1.01, but tell me if this happens again after the update this Friday)
    13). can't go VIP and retain job [vip for protection - used to be able to].(Not a planned feature)
    14). trash spawning at player spawns is unfair to players carrying(Fixed, v1.01)
    15). barrels do not explode(Fixed, v1.02)
    16). cop keys sometimes stop working(******)
    17). cops can use locks [yeah I know, not "illegal"](Not a bug)
    18). cops can use lockbreakers.(Fixed, v1.01)
    19). one lock on door, one lock broken; message said [Blue RP] You broke -3 locks from the door.(Considered fixed. Can't recreate it myself. Notify me if it happens again.)
    20). crime as cop(Players can switch to cop as long as their crime is below the cuff amount of 1800)
    21). -ve crime(It is not possible for this to happen)
    22). /vip delay gone [Bob had aded it](Fixed, v1.01)
    23). pvp control?(Added, v1.01)
    24). noob protection
    25). distinctive noob suit/skin gone [Bob added box suit]
    26). some doors need to be lockpicked twice(******)
    27). a printer stopped printing 33%,33%,67%. After a rejoin the printer showed 33%,67%,67% and started printing.(******)
    28). npc stop working - eg drug buyer at lighthouse.(duplicate bug entry of #9)
    29). sewer doors lock up. need a hack.(Fixed, v1.01) //made fix. Can't recreate bug now.
    30). admin lock?
    31). money and propmoney behave differently. Trash and proptrash don't. Although on two successive days trash behaved differently anyway.(******)
    32). bank and credit room teleports lock. Need a noclip.(Map issue. Source engine is shitty)
    33). teleport to the bank has locked up a few times.(Map issue. Source engine is shitty)
    34). Props are invisible when they respawn on player load or plugin load(Fixed, v1.01)
    35). Props are errors when they respawn(******)

then after Feb 5th update:-
    36). changecolor alpha inoperative.(Fixed, v1.02)
    37). bounty-jailed are not releasing to the foyer, they stay in cell.(Fixed, v1.02)
    38). cop release of prisoner could be more elegant. At present need to kill the occupant after the uncuff.(Fixed with the jail menu issue being fixed, v1.02)
    39). one prop of 3 came back as size = 0. [resized it to 1 and it is visible](Fixed, v1.02, when loading furniture, props with a model scale <0.1 are set to a scale of 1).
    40). I can't make a properly useable drug buyer. The ones behind the lighthouse do not react the same as the docks guy......Alex solved the prob ie change the list associated with the npc.
    41). My resizes did not save after a server reset.(Fixed, v1.02)
    42). Jailed perps make a totem pole instead of occupying different cells.(Fixed, v1.02)
    43). and from 42) Two seemed to release into other cells, not the foyer. One became cop and isn't one.(Fixed, v1.02 can't recreate release issue|Fixed v1.02, can't exploit to cop now)
    44). wage is running fast(Fixed, v1.02, bug can't be recreated)
    45). Bribe: menu might be better. Can't select which of multiple bribes to accept.AND, an accept of $0 bribe results in player losing weapon.
    46). Cuffing a Bounty results in player in jail with weapons.(Fixed, v1.02)
    47). Inventory probs with hack and breaker not showing up.
  • Edited Koalas post to cross out a couple things that are map errors rather than plugin errors (Source Engine is a piece of shit).

Some of these are known, others make no sense. I've never experienced them before.
    #20 is crossed out because players can switch as long as their crime is low enough to not be able to be cuffed, and making the lockbreakers unusable as cop will fix any other crime issues since I'm pretty sure I blocked usage of any other items as cop that gives crime, but I may have to double check.

I can think of a reason why a couple of these things happen which happen technically by a combination of user error and plugin error.

Yeah a lot of these should be easy fixes. I guess I can start with the bugfixes first, and then do the additional feature adding.
  • I reckon that if the cop/jailing issues are fixed and the lockpick works it is playable.

That won't stop players moaning though.[or is that due to the stripper job?]

edit..
    Oh, forgot something and Bob reminded me - (some?) new players are starting with high hours.
  • OK, so maybe negative [-ve] crime is no big deal unless it is an indictor of a larger buried problem).
    BUT......TF commented on it thus:-
    21). -ve crime(It is not possible for this to happen)

It DOES happen and Thunder saw an instance of it on player Top about the time of my post.

And, providing that Bob looked in the right place, there seem to be about 39 instances of it in the player base.
    Example.....
    Full texts steam_id cash bank income felony Ascending 1 cuffed jail_time jail_progress minutes robfelony employment username lastlogintime
    Edit Edit Copy Copy Delete Delete STEAM_0:0:47590458 534 3419 33 -98 0 240 240 33481 100 Unemployed NULLNU

The -98 is felony ??

I do not accept "(It is not possible for this to happen)" as answers to things we mention. We obviously see something that causes us to comment. We might describe the problem/effect BADLY, but, we aren't bloody lying. It behoves the bug-fixer to establish WHAT we are talking about - not dismiss us out of hand. I got the same response when I mentioned that my whole inventory went away.

I would accept the allocation of a low priority but I do not accept that response.
    I have worked as a Standardisation Officer in the introduction of a pilot installation of a digital Air Traffic Control radar and at another time as Troubleshooter dealing with prototype testing of some consumer/industrial products containing firmware. The response "(It is not possible for this to happen)" is equivalent to the programmer saying "please take me out and shoot me".

This shit just drives me into curmudgeon mode. I better take a break.
  • Anyways, I'm gonna start prioritizing and fixing. Even the ones I crossed out and said weren't possible I'll look into.

Also, I am wondering if the thing with the players starting with many hours is an sql thing. You see, there were over 6000 player entries. I feel like a lot of the so-called "new" players had actually been on syles before and just forgot about it. However, their wages were also really really high. So high that if they had been on Syles in the past then they would have been here so long that they would definitely remembered it. So idk.

Koala's post will start to fill with strikeouts and (fixed) next to them as I complete them. It doesn't mean I updated the main server, but it will mean I made a fix and had successful tests of those fixes.
  • "29). sewer doors lock up. need a hack.(Fixed, v1.01) //made fix. Can't recreate bug now."

The sewer door by VIP needed a Hack an hour or so ago.

"13). can't go VIP and retain job [vip for protection - used to be able to].(Not a planned feature)"
    We used to be able to hmm
  • Teleporters periodically becoming non-functional. Nearly always this is the mechanical teleporter I'm talking about. I found 4 nonfunctional this morning. A quick noclip inot them resets them fine... but this has been a nuisance since the new mod. Don't recall seeing of hearing about it before.
    I mention this again because it seems to affect all on this map... and do not remember it before. If it is engine related, is there some other workaround that can be used to force a periodic recycle of the teleporter?
  • I'm not sure what is up with those doors. Also when I say doors, this includes the teleporters. The teleporters have invisible sliding doors to lock themselves while in the process of teleporting a player. I'm not sure why those and the other couple of doors lock up. I'd say the plugin is calling the 'lock' input on them, or perhaps changing their spawnflags at some point, but that makes no sense because the plugin code doesn't do that. Like it literally doesn't call any inputs, and I'd hate to add any code just to address a single map's issue. Of course if it is the plugin then I'd wanna fix it, but without adding map-specific code.
  • 39). one prop of 3 came back as size = 0. [resized it to 1 and it is visible]

added - In China's VIP, his table came back invisible.

Note: china's VIP window seized up - it had locks on so I chose to doorkick to ease it.
    [In the last few days of Freeman City there was a different door freezing up each time - not always sliding ones. I saw 5 diff ones.]
  • "40). I can't make a properly useable drug buyer. The ones behind the lighthouse do not react the same as the docks guy."

I have still not been able to get the drug buyers behind the lighthouse to dialogue the same as the guy on the docks. A single e usually gives a message like 'npc is buying' but no menu for an esc. More e interposes a message like 'you are not carrying drugs'. I tried building a drug buyer there ages ago. The recent one is no better.
  • "41). My resizes did not save."

There was a reset 10 mins ago and my resizes came back normal [as did Thunder's mushie].
    I have redone a resize experiment and taken a screenie showing that I did the save after the resize.
  • "42). Jailed perps make a totem pole instead of occupying different cells.
    43). and from 42) Two seemed to release into other cells, not the foyer. One became cop and isn't one."

I jailed 3 guys within a couple of minutes. They ended up in same cell as a totempole.

The release of the last one was OK. The other two seemed to go to other cells at release. One of them became cop - spcpaul - I wonder if he was the one you saw doing it the other day.
  • "44). wage is running fast
    45). Bribe: menu might be better. Can't select which of multiple bribes to accept.AND, an accept of $0 bribe results in player losing weapon.
    46). Cuffing a Bounty results in player in jail with weapons."

Added those.

Re Bribe.
    Is the timer for availability of the bribe effective?
    How to select WHICH bribe to accept?
    When accepting a 'current' bribe it also accepts a $0 bribe from released player. That causes the player to lose weapon.
  • Are you sure wage is running fast? I noticed it was running seemingly fast, but then I compared it to my computer's clock and it seemed to be spot on. Unless of course there's a glitch causing players to randomly have their timer go twice as fast or something.

EDIT: Got a couple reports of timers going double speed. I have added checks to every instance of hud timer creation and minute timer creation to make sure duplicate timers aren't created just to make sure. These checks are as cheap as comparing two numbers so they won't slow the server down.
  • Remaining BUGS:
    1) Can't rob some NPCs
    2) Issue with some drug buyers
    3) Accepting bribe of $0 is capable of happening, and it shouldn't
    4) Printers/plants not progressing if player switches out of job and back into job
    5) /switch acts like an undecided two year old.

Remaining missing FEATURES:
    1) AFK Room System
    2) Pressing R on door to see door info
    3) Noob skin system
    4) Noob protection system
    5) Admin lock system
    6) When using /bribe without a parameter (/bribe instead of /bribe 10 for example), display bribe menu.
    7) Allow cops to choose which bribe to accept via menu when doing /acceptbribe