Opinions?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• So I just got banned| for 10 mins for apparently ignoring admins when all I was doing was throwing trash into the lake, on rooftops and shit. Pool told me to stop but imo throwing away/hiding trash is something I'm allowed to do? Just wanted to get opinions from other players/admins on this as I think its kinda unfair as I'm not glitching/exploiting anything.

Ban: http://www.coldcommunity.com/sourcebans/index.php?p
    Demo: mediafire.com/?6e6wcf85seq4t0x
  • Hiding trash is similar to hiding someone's printer or plants i guess.
    The trash job doesn't attract crime and can benefit the newer or pacifistic players - it wouldn't be 'nice' to be trolling a new guy being a Sanitation Engineer.

Recently only about 8 pieces of trash were spawning so I suspect someone did hide a bunch of it.
    Perhaps TF will instigate a reset/cleanup for trash and money - maybe 4 hourly [ but def not as frequently as it used to be ie 1 hour].

I don't think that trash hiding is a crime - (except I would have to think twice if I saw Doggy doing it).
    I offered Doggy an old boot the other night but he has gone off them. A few old boots might have kept him away from the trash. I guess a different sort of boot DID keep him away from it for a while :-0 [an attempt at humour there - I am still in curmudgeon mode]

Ignoring admins is a separate issue; even if an admin happens to be giving an 'incorrect' order, it has to be abided by until a discussion (such as this) can occur.
  • Doggy, when an admin does tell you to do something, the best way to keep the peace is by following the admin's orders.

However, definitely post about the issue here if you believe the admin is incorrect in their orders to you.

In this case, I agree that those orders were wrong. There is no rule against throwing trash ents into the lake, therefore there is no reason for any admins to tell you to stop placing trash (or any other prop for that matter) anywhere. The only exception is if doing so causes the server to glitch up or crash. As I am aware, trash in the lake is harmless to the server. An example where an admin may step in would be if you were placing trash on the train tracks on Freemancity, which would cause server lag. In fact, I believe we at least used to have a rule explicitly stating not to place props on the FMC train tracks lol.

So as of right now, there are no rules against placing trash in the lake. I will likely be adding a despawn system to trash however. A system that would despawn the oldest spawned trash on each trash spawn event. However, that is one thing out of a list of 20 other things I am working on with the plugin.
  • TF said..."therefore there is no reason for any admins to tell you to stop placing trash (or any other prop for that matter) anywhere."

I draw the line at blocking doors and glitching through walls and doors [stating this in case players interpret those things as TF's "placing". ]

Ban the glitchers!!
  • i dont think ban is a good punishment in this case i think a kick and a warning would be enought its kinda pain in the ass to clear the fucking lake of trash and it basicaly ruining the job for new players
    You wanna disrespect me, you little fuckin&#039; punk?<br />Everything I&#039;ve done to be who I am? As far as I&#039;ve fuckin&#039; come?<br />I&#039;ll slap you so fuckin&#039; hard, It&#039;ll feel like you kissed a freight train.<br />Fuck you!