Community Expansion

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Gun gameplay in csgo is really bad. The menus, again, bad. The maps avalible, guess again, bad. Besides jailbreak zombie escape and deathrun the playerbase isn't looking for an rp server. Like eas said most people don't even know what community mode is. And the way the game works you need to have the ip or accidentally join the server, you can't join a friend.

Gmod is better in every aspect besides the squeakers. Gunplay isn't that great but lots of room for custom guns, menus are decent but honestly annoying compared to hl2dm but which item in this list isn't. There's at least good maps, but the great ones are serious rp which I would definitely do but most the server wouldn't. The game itself is a community game which is a huge benefit

Css is a definite no.
      DoD is another no.
      Did Somone really suggest tf2?

Tl;Dr

Gmod > csgo > everything else
    • eldrun wrote:

Gun gameplay in csgo is really bad. The menus, again, bad. The maps avalible, guess again, bad. Besides jailbreak zombie escape and deathrun the playerbase isn't looking for an rp server. Like eas said most people don't even know what community mode is. And the way the game works you need to have the ip or accidentally join the server, you can't join a friend.

Gmod is better in every aspect besides the squeakers. Gunplay isn't that great but lots of room for custom guns, menus are decent but honestly annoying compared to hl2dm but which item in this list isn't. There's at least good maps, but the great ones are serious rp which I would definitely do but most the server wouldn't. The game itself is a community game which is a huge benefit

Css is a definite no.
      DoD is another no.

Tl;Dr

Serious rp is for anime manchilds and people who are somewhat sick in their head lol
    • I agree that Lua is cancer. Now if there was a way to make Sourcemod work with GMOD...,...

Anyways, a few versions from now the RP plugin will have full compatibility with CS:S. CS:GO would probably follow shortly after.

But here's the thing about all of this. Expanding into CS:S, CS:GO, Minecraft, GMOD, TF2, etc. is absolutely useless if we have no way of getting players. I mean, there are thousands of players in CS:S and CS:GO, but all the RP servers on those games are at 0 players. So how would we get players to come to our server if they don't seem to go to the other RP servers at all? The fact that our RP plugin can carry stats between server instances does potentially help as it would give players a choice of which server to go to, and an SQL save system does make it easier for plugins written in any language to also share data, but that's where it ends. And cross-game access of player data is a bad idea for certain games. CS:S and HL2DM are fine because they are very similar games running the same RP plugin (or will be). Meanwhile Minecraft and HL2DM shared player stats would be a bad idea because the games are so different (and trust me, you don't want players being AFK all day in Minecraft like they do in HL2DM, for the sake of keeping server resources in check).

Then again, if you balance the economy of an MC server just right, you could still technically make it harmless for player stats including money to transfer accross games. Then you get the chance to tell the kids that they can play our servers on such and such games, transfer stats over, and earn money for a competitive edge in another game. Some players might like the idea of playing HL2DM to earn money to buy blocks from the shop in the MC server. Especially if it's a MC PVP Raid server. Personally I'd love to do a factions server.

As an idea, if we were to do a MC server, I would do PVP Factions with McMMO as well as a server shop that players could buy and sell blocks with. This would require no programming on our end, or very little. The only exception would be if we needed to write a plugin to access and save player data on the RP database (which I think would be really cool, we'd just have to be careful to keep a balance with both games).

Sorry for this wall of text, but your post did give me some ideas that I wanted to dump, Eas. But before doing ANYTHING, we need a strategy for getting more players!

One idea would be to add some more donation systems to the game (that don't disrupt econ balance or player power too much) and use the money to advertise on game server lists. I don't know what other ideas for this there are, but an advertising strategy is a must. No point in expanding if nobody will join the new servers.
    • sidezz wrote:

Notorious K.O.I. wrote:

eldrun wrote:

Gun gameplay in csgo is really bad. The menus, again, bad. The maps avalible, guess again, bad. Besides jailbreak zombie escape and deathrun the playerbase isn't looking for an rp server. Like eas said most people don't even know what community mode is. And the way the game works you need to have the ip or accidentally join the server, you can't join a friend.

Css is a definite no.
      DoD is another no.

Tl;Dr
      Serious rp is for anime manchilds and people who are somewhat sick in their head lol
      our initial plan is just to port over hl2dm's roleplay style to gmod
      mfw I never suggested the game mode I just said I would do it, and not even play but just administrate. jeeze kids(koip) learn to read.
      That was my plan to go to hl2dm rp style.
      Also if we move to CSGO I will not be moving over.
    • What are the actual goals of this, are we trying to keep "coldcommunity" alive, expand, focus on rp or something else. We could likely break into Gmod semi easily with a non rp server to start. Which would work fine if our goal is simply to grow but of course would fail if the goal is to take the current player base and keep them around as long as possible with growth being a second priority.

We have a few players here interested in puzzle servers and bhop, both of which are very doable. RP wise I have concerns that getting another server would actually split and kill the community. Half the player base tries to play csgo, other half stays on hl2dm and the servers just get emptier if we have no way to actually build up our population fast.
    • I understand your concerns about splitting the community between two servers. I agree that CSS and GS:GO would have a more likely chance of doing this, but I think GMOD might be a little different. I feel like GMOD would be the ideal place to expand into because of the fact that RP is kinda the dominant gametype. If we could properly advertise then you are looking at the possibility for us to expand the community there.

The only issue is the fact that Garry is more of a faggot than Gaben and intentionally broke all of the interfaces that Metamod (and thus Sourcemod) relies on, ever since GMOD 13.
    • Looks like Bob already mentioned this [I was fuming and busting to say it as soon as I started reading the new posts.........]

The way to have a larger player base is to LOOK AFTER the ones you get and not to piss them off so well.
    • Lua may be cancer, but Gmod would become one hell of a better game with at least one HL2:DM RP styled server available to play on.

No matter what you choose: TF2, Gmod, CS:GO, there will always be troublemakers and the annoying players.
      XanX: easy solution: just don't use our website on ur phone.
      Today at 01:23:25 PM
    • syle22 wrote:

Greaser wrote:

I vote for CS:GO. Alot of players are looking for a CS:GO RP, I personally think it would fill up a 64 slot server.

I would admin/play on both csgo and hl2dm (if economies were crossed)
      I like the idea of csgorp if we could pull it off.

IF the gmod rp were made to be more like hl2dm I would also be inclined to possibly play that,
      I'm just not a fan of the gmod playerbase.
      sniper santa misslelauncher