Community Expansion

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• As someone who has played a lot of CS:S over the past decade, I hate CS:GO. But I only hate it as a successor to CS:S.

As an RP it might be bearable.

My only concern is that CS:GO players might not be interested in RP. The little time that I sunk into the game I found the player base to be overly-serious pro-gaming wannabes.

The "If we build it, they will come" paradigm might not be applicable. Whereas something like TF2 tends to pander to the more laid back, humourous user, so it might be easier to get them to check it out and subsequently stick about. (Also, did someone mention it was free?)

Just my $0.02.
      :)
    • Moonshade aside, is there prospect for new users? i.e. Assuming a percentage of the Moonshade guys did jump ship, would there enough interest for further growth?

Does anyone here work in a market research capacity in real-life? Might be worth compiling some research along those lines, as opposed to "who likes/owns what games".

Just need to avoid setting up a lemonade stand in a thirst-free environment.
      :)
    • the answer is yes. CsGo is the best choice especially for a brige from hl2dm. Moonshade wants to prevent us going to csgo- Because we can outdo them in customer service and a overall better general gameplay experience.

We will thrive off CSGO er have needed to go for a long time now.

We honestly can't wait too much longer for the sake of cold community. Now is the perfect time to jump over to CSGO and build a community multiple times bigger than it is now.
    • Jeez guys, cool it with the salt. I don't know where you got the idea that we don't want you guys to move over to CS:GO. Is it because Skittle came on and talked shit? That was one member, and he doesn't reflect what we want.

Honestly, I would love it if you guys moved over to CS:GO; competition is better for everyone involved and will just bring more people to the roleplay scene. So make a mod and set up a server. Quit stroking your dicks with all this talk of a server and show us some results.
    • Mewn wrote:

Jeez guys, cool it with the salt. I don't know where you got the idea that we don't want you guys to move over to CS:GO. Is it because Skittle came on and talked shit? That was one member, and he doesn't reflect what we want.

Honestly, I would love it if you guys moved over to CS:GO; competition is better for everyone involved and will just bring more people to the roleplay scene. So make a mod and set up a server. Quit stroking your dicks with all this talk of a server and show us some results.
      Why i get vip jailed when i kill police in moonshade
    • Notorious K.O.I. wrote:

Mewn wrote:

Jeez guys, cool it with the salt. I don't know where you got the idea that we don't want you guys to move over to CS:GO. Is it because Skittle came on and talked shit? That was one member, and he doesn't reflect what we want.

Why i get vip jailed when i kill police in moonshade
      That Is exactly what happend to me. I got VIP jailed for killing the police too much. 1800 seconds of wanking in prison.
      #HailTheGoldenPoon
    • Didn't know you got forum banned Dane. I'll unban you if that's that case. I don't play on the server nearly enough to know if the cops are breaking the rules. Were there any admins on at the time when you got VIP jailed? Did you report the cops?

It's also much easier for the average joe to kill a cop in CS:GO compared to HL2:DM. So perhaps VIP jail is an appropriate response to repeat offenders of constant cop RDM.

Regardless, make a server and run it your way guys instead of bring up why you don't like ours.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Mewn ().

• I want to quickly and accurately clear up as many issues as possible. We have worked extremely hard past our limits to gain the respect of all of you and we are not willing to lose it over a few unfortunate events:

First onto the main problem: A VIP jail after killing. This only happens when you kill civilians, who do not attack you first, consecutively ten times in five minutes. Time your kills wisely. More detail is below.

Why do we go through all of this trouble for that one little rule? Again, see right below:

Mewn wrote:

It's also much easier for the average joe to kill a cop in CS:GO compared to HL2:DM. So perhaps VIP jail is an appropriate response to repeat offenders of constant cop RDM.
      Yes, this is simply the case. There is a distinct difference between HL2:DM combat and CS:GO combat, more specifically in the "taking damage and headshotting" portion. In CS:GO, nearly every weapon in the game can kill a person in a few headshots, as opposed to HL2:DM where the combat system is simply more balanced and controlled, cops can take like twenty hits and be okay. But when cops take twenty hits in CS:GO, they're likely dead a few bullets ago. Before anyone says anything, I know I know, revolvers in HL2:DM can do that too, but they are a pretty high-tier mid-game weapon in HL2, as you first find one at the very end of Chapter 6.

Believe me, we have tried giving zero penalties for players who kill extensively in our first two months. First think of it in an ethical standpoint: When players are browsing for a server in Half-Life 2: Deathmatch, they're not going to throw a temper over being a killed a few times. However in CS:GO, when a player is browsing for a server, joins, downloads, connects, gets killed, they will likely just leave.

Now onto the other perspective: Assuming the new player can understand any civilian can kill anyone at any time, they will eventually find themselves being killed on sight just because a certain group of players does not appreciate their existence on said server. This is what many players encountered back in January and February of 2015. We found ourselves at zero players for several weeks following. Something had to be changed.

The system we have been using works, you just have to adjust yourself to the slightest degree in playstyle. If you do not agree with it, I respect your opinion. But it's still a server, regardless of what kind of stupid rules it contains.

I've replied to each individual issue as best as I could down below:

Mewn wrote:

Is it because Skittle came on and talked shit? That was one member, and he doesn't reflect what we want.
      As far as I know, he took advantage of our advertisement for this site and decided to do what he did. It was one member.

Believing every MoonShade member is a whiny little child just because Skittle posted what he posted is the exact same thing as believing every person of Mexican ethnicity is a drug cartel dealer just because there are a few in the area, it is the same thing as believing the entire human race to be made of pure evil just because there are some assholes living among us.

I am sorry to those who have made this claim, but it is simply an outrageous one to make. It is a logical fallacy.

eldrun wrote:

a lite rp server that discourages rdm and killing to make money isn't a server for me lmao.

Was vipd then banned once for killing too many cops.
      The VIP jail can occur when ten of players have been killed by you while you attack first in a set of five minutes, specified in the rules. Regardless of that, you should not have been banned.

Removing a player from a server like that is simply ridiculous. You might have unfortunately ran into a corrupt staff member in the past. Luckily all malicious staff members have been filtered out a long time ago. I'm sorry your only experiences in our server has been a malicious one.

Dane_Vogel wrote:

Seems to be a pattern here Mewn... just like I was censored and silenced on your forums.
      Our intent was to not create a pattern. We had a few staff issues in the past and they have all been resolved. Any inconvenience you have experienced was most likely when we had a corrupt staff member on the forums. I apologize for allowing a few people to judge you on your sarcastic posts.

Dane_Vogel wrote:

i wasnt banned most of the topics i bring up, albeit mostly satirical wind up disappearing
      You posted quite a few topics in the "Trash" section, which XanX accidentally deleted a few days ago. Your posts were never meant to be removed. I again apologize in his name.
      XanX: easy solution: just don't use our website on ur phone.
      Today at 01:23:25 PM