COPs

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Cop Apartments.

Before the next map let's get the system sorted out fast in case Alex has to change something - including any MOTD/Wiki/Rule updates needed.

Cop apartments:-
      where?
      how many?
      what price?
      which cops levels eligible?
      clarify wording of rule about cop and keys use?
    • we could just use one big room of the pd call it Barracks and give key to all cops put some locks on it and that would be done it would solve the problem that who wants cop place will not be able to buy rebel place for printing planting
      You wanna disrespect me, you little fuckin&#039; punk?<br />Everything I&#039;ve done to be who I am? As far as I&#039;ve fuckin&#039; come?<br />I&#039;ll slap you so fuckin&#039; hard, It&#039;ll feel like you kissed a freight train.<br />Fuck you!
    • theres a BUNCH of empty rooms that would be great for cop apartments

if we had a system where we can make cop doors buyable only to cops (if thats their only front door)
      I say why the hell not allow more public housing for others

It'd make afking in the pd seem more like something a full-time cop might do (if they had a separate room)
      sniper santa misslelauncher
    • hmmm, I suppose that cops don't drop money when killed by another cop ? :-(((

Good for barracks, bad for morale :)

Re the Barracks idea:-
      Instead of a barracks, some players might want to use the idea of having a cop apt and putting their props in it. The availability of rooms in PDs will vary with the maps. That is why I wanted some decent guide-line rules developed. The Rule gets simply stated somewhere on the collective rule page of MOTD/Wiki and the Reasoning involved gets explained on another page(s).

BTW - I hear rumours of wiki totally taking over from MOTD?? Whatever the plans, please make it EASIER for us to mod them !!
    • Oh yeah. When a cop kills ANYONE, the victim will not drop money. That is a global plugin code rule. However if anyone gets killed by a player, including cops, then the victim drops their cash on hand.

It just happens that cops that aren't afk receive their wages, bribes, jail earnings, etc straight to their bank now.

Also you can AFK in your own apartment as a cop if you wish. It doesn't necessarily have to be a PD apartment, but I do want to bring back the whole PD apartments thing. Long ago we used to just let cops own a pd apartment and afk as cop. I wanna bring that back now which is why I implemented this (although I'm pretty sure it was originally Bob's idea previously to do this).
    • Cheesy sed : "It just happens that cops that aren't afk receive their wages, bribes, jail earnings, etc straight to their bank now."

What about Bounty?

Note: I am trying to get PEOPLE to get the Cop AFK stuff sorted, done and dusted B4 the next map.
      Like actually WRITE something for the MOTD etc. The cops who are most interested in PD/Cop apts should pull fingers out.
    • Mar 9th 2016
      Cop Apartments.

Before the next map let's get the system sorted out fast in case Alex has to change something - including any MOTD/Wiki/Rule updates needed.

Cop apartments:-
      where?
      how many?
      what price?
      which cops levels eligible?
      clarify wording of rule about cop and keys use?

The availability of rooms in PDs will vary with the maps. That is why I wanted some decent guide-line rules developed. The Rule gets simply stated somewhere on the collective rule page of MOTD/Wiki and the Reasoning involved gets explained on another page(s).

Mar 10th.
      Note: I am trying to get PEOPLE to get the Cop AFK stuff sorted, done and dusted B4 the next map.
      Like actually WRITE something for the MOTD etc. The cops who are most interested in PD/Cop apts should pull fingers out.

Currently -
      Well, i thought BPN was going to keep chasing this one because he was REALLY interested in having offices in the PDs. I seem to remember some aspect of that dying in a different thread.

I want to see something in the MOTD/Wiki about it so that we all know the rules governing it.
    • MOTD says... "Do not use keys as a cop, even if it's your own house."

Poorly worded. Except that cops aren't really aware of using "keys" to open cop doors.
      BUT the wording must change if cops/AFK cops etc are going to use real keys to real apts [even in PD].

Maybe you could work with Beef on it. He has a non-cop door inside the PD.
    • BPN17 wrote:

Big Daddy BeefDick: Cop not using Keys is basically to Rebels. Don't use Rebel Keys as in don't use keys to bust someone in a house you have keys to.

yes but what about using keys to AFK ?
      BPN, I think you haven't solved this. I am not sure what you are telling Beef.
      We know it was written when the assumption would be Rebels. Of course it should have said "Rebel Keys" to be more explicit.

MOTD says... "Do not use keys as a cop, even if it's your own house."

Offices and Cop apts etc need better wording. That or Beef and keyholders can only access their PD rooms as Rebels.

My post #9). above was to bring forward a stalled topic. Now we have some more interested parties/stakeholders to volunteer to drive a discussion and Rule Ratification process.
      Once ratified some changes can be made to the MOTD.
    • BPN17 wrote:

Big Daddy BeefDick: Cop not using Keys is basically to Rebels. Don't use Rebel Keys as in don't use keys to bust someone in a house you have keys to.

yes but what about using keys to AFK ?
      Cop Apartment count as your 1 and only apartment.
      If you want to AFK there then walk in and afk, the system will auto swap you without killing you to Off Duty Cop.

Now as for keys I agree with something Cheesy said in game for the Cop Apartments.

You can use your Keys to your apartment as Cop or Rebel and if you do as Rebel just remember that you are in the PD. THUS if a Cop sees you they can kill you when traveling to said apartment or if you leave your door open for anyone to doorhack in.

The way the Rule should be for Keys should be As Cop don't use any Keys pertaining to Rebel Homes. Do not use Keys as Cop for personal gain. Example - If someone you have given keys to is hiding inside your home and gaining crime then you can't just open the door and walk in to cuff them you'd still need to kickdoor at the proper kickdoor crime level. Cop Apartment shouldn't be an exception in this case.

• in post #7). above, Cheesy said...
      "Also you can AFK in your own apartment as a cop if you wish. It doesn't necessarily have to be a PD apartment, but I do want to bring back the whole PD apartments thing. Long ago we used to just let cops own a pd apartment and afk as cop. I wanna bring that back now which is why I implemented this (although I'm pretty sure it was originally Bob's idea previously to do this)."

He suggests that a Cop can AFK in a non-PD apartment, ie a rebel apartment .

What about that idea? and the key wording ?

Any ideas on PD apts prices yet?
      Any ideas on WHICH cops [ie cop levels ] can buy PD apts [if avail]?
    • eldrun wrote:

I honestly don't think cops should be able to AFK in their Rebel houses.

Maybe Cheesy was trying to get around the overcrowding in some PDs?
      There was discussion of a Barracks idea too.

Maybe some cops/rebels can suggest a system that allows cop AFK in their rebel/VIP house..........