Making the Game more Non-Afk and Extra

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Making the Game more Non-Afk and Extra

I suggest a hunger system and we remove the auto-respawn on death. Having hunger would require the players to attend to the game a lot. We should change how the food works. Food should just maintain your hunger and not heal you. Different healing items should be added. (I think I can provide the code for the hunger system if ever there are other things needed to be taken care of)
      The Hunger would be something that shows up on the hud on the top left corner of the screen and it will be from 1% to 100%. Once your hunger reaches 0 you will simply die of hunger. In order to keep you from getting hungry you need to consume food for this. I suggest selling food at lower prices ranging from 5$ (may replenish 1% hunger or whatever value will be applied) to 100$.

For the medic job i think that instead of selling medical supplies they should be able to heal other people. Instead of the medical supplies only being able to heal other people it should only heal the player.

Bonus Salary/Experience System
      I think there's been some work going on in making an experience system for the cops and i think that why not add an experience system for all jobs. You start at 0 experience points and depending on your job you have to get a certain amount of experience points to get a promotion like for example for the Garbage job you start as a Garbage man and i guess your bonus salary for that would be around 3$ once you get to the next promotion your salary bonus will be to 5-7$ idk and then you get the highest promotion at around 1800 points or whatever maximum you decide and you'd have maybe a 15$ bonus salary. You get 1 experience point per trash and this would also help with keeping the server non-afk as people actually have to work in order to get a bonus salary. Another thing would be for the medic job you get xp as you heal people let's say if you heal aroudn 25hp you get 1 exp if you heal around 26-50 you get 5 exp and that's how it goes. Basically you get exp on whatever you have to do as that profession. I suggest removing that you have to be a coutnerfeiter to be able to print money and drug grower to plant drugs as it does not really seem like it fits with getting exp for that, everyone should be able to use them no matter the job except for cops.

Item Suggestion: Cloak
      Simply makes you invisible or this could have 3 levels also and a super cloak. For level 1 you get 25% invisible and it has the same cooldown for all 3 levels, 10 minutes. For level 2 50% invisible. Level 3 75% invisible. Now, in order to get the super cloak you would need to donate 100$ like for the super doorhack so as to keep the server we love up and running!

also could we have a /dropmoney command xD and maybe like an item list lol so that you could like for example /dropitem [item id] [Number to drop] it would go like this /dropitem 2 100 let's say item id 2 is for trash or something lol and regarding the gps bug going off when you disconnect i think it beats the purpose of having a gps scanner. GPS bug should not go off when you disconnect and reconnect.

If you want more details just pm me and we can talk about it

The post was edited 2 times, last by [NH] Whimzhy ().

• i like i dont know about the drug planting and printing jobs tho maybe the more xp you got the faster you will print and grow shit
      You wanna disrespect me, you little fuckin&#039; punk?<br />Everything I&#039;ve done to be who I am? As far as I&#039;ve fuckin&#039; come?<br />I&#039;ll slap you so fuckin&#039; hard, It&#039;ll feel like you kissed a freight train.<br />Fuck you!
    • not a fan of the hunger system tbh - sounds like something that'd piss a lot of people off (giving them a regular bill to stay alive.. extra steps to do on a regular basis. Not even a profitable/fun feature)

and if you were to stop auto-respawn on death, we have the issue of people looking for non existant afkers.
      sniper santa misslelauncher
    • Not trying to knock your idea but implementing a hunger system just sounds bad. I couldn't think of a way it would benefit game play, in fact afkers do benefit game play because it makes the server look more alive and there's more of a chance someone would join seeing a full(er) server.
    • There are so many different 'factions' of players; you are not going to make them all happy.
      For instance, we lost some players because of what they saw as a needless complexity in the printing and planting.

maybe there could be 'communities' - aka 'gangs', who live by their own sets of rules and meet on the streets to kill each other. One gang could have the "old" exploding printer and another could have the 'new' complex printer etc. Maybe this could be integrated in the system hinted at by Dane in his post [the one where he suggests a bunch of snouts in the trough and regulatory busybodies :)
      ]
    • [NH] Whimzhy wrote:

I suggest a hunger system and we remove the auto-respawn on death. Having hunger would require the players to attend to the game a lot. We should change how the food works. Food should just maintain your hunger and not heal you. Different healing items should be added. (I think I can provide the code for the hunger system if ever there are other things needed to be taken care of)
      The Hunger would be something that shows up on the hud on the top left corner of the screen and it will be from 1% to 100%. Once your hunger reaches 0 you will simply die of hunger. In order to keep you from getting hungry you need to consume food for this. I suggest selling food at lower prices ranging from 5$ (may replenish 1% hunger or whatever value will be applied) to 100$.

For the medic job i think that instead of selling medical supplies they should be able to heal other people. Instead of the medical supplies only being able to heal other people it should only heal the player.

Bonus Salary/Experience System
      I think there's been some work going on in making an experience system for the cops and i think that why not add an experience system for all jobs. You start at 0 experience points and depending on your job you have to get a certain amount of experience points to get a promotion like for example for the Garbage job you start as a Garbage man and i guess your bonus salary for that would be around 3$ once you get to the next promotion your salary bonus will be to 5-7$ idk and then you get the highest promotion at around 1800 points or whatever maximum you decide and you'd have maybe a 15$ bonus salary. You get 1 experience point per trash and this would also help with keeping the server non-afk as people actually have to work in order to get a bonus salary. Another thing would be for the medic job you get xp as you heal people let's say if you heal aroudn 25hp you get 1 exp if you heal around 26-50 you get 5 exp and that's how it goes. Basically you get exp on whatever you have to do as that profession. I suggest removing that you have to be a coutnerfeiter to be able to print money and drug grower to plant drugs as it does not really seem like it fits with getting exp for that, everyone should be able to use them no matter the job except for cops.

Item Suggestion: Cloak
      Simply makes you invisible or this could have 3 levels also and a super cloak. For level 1 you get 25% invisible and it has the same cooldown for all 3 levels, 10 minutes. For level 2 50% invisible. Level 3 75% invisible. Now, in order to get the super cloak you would need to donate 100$ like for the super doorhack so as to keep the server we love up and running!

also could we have a /dropmoney command xD and maybe like an item list lol so that you could like for example /dropitem [item id] [Number to drop] it would go like this /dropitem 2 100 let's say item id 2 is for trash or something lol and regarding the gps bug going off when you disconnect i think it beats the purpose of having a gps scanner. GPS bug should not go off when you disconnect and reconnect.

If you want more details just pm me and we can talk about it
      Hunger System:
      We have thought of a hunger system in the past, but it kinda failed miserably.

Medics Healing Other Players:
      That would also create an exploit. A player damages themselves while their friend repeatedly heals them. Two medics whom are friends could do this. I've already patched similar issues with planting. I don't need more of it.

Bonus Salary/Experience System:
      It would be interesting if your experience points determined your wage rather than your time online, but I'm not certain. A lot of people do like to remain afk on the server. I feel like this could potentially cause a drop in players honestly.

Cloak Thingy:
      An invisibility cloak used to exist. Not sure if I added it in this plugin. It's low on the list though, if at all.

Drop Money/Item:
      There used to be a /drop command that killed you and dropped the stuff you had on hand. Adding it back would be low on my list. As for dropping items, you can do that from your inventory menu already. Not adding another command for it.