bugs after Urban map started

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• bugs after Urban map started

Scope: this is a continuing thread to accumulate any bugs noticed in this Update of the Cheesy Plugin. The Update number wasn't applied , hence the name. Some of the bugs in the previous Update threads are still active and should be re-mentioned here.

1). /vipcheck causes the vip cash to be added each time. Several guys got multiples
    this got fixed
    NOTE: temporary fix seen. Not tested the 'final' fix. The money hasn't been recovered.
    2). vip doors locked up after a few uses One VIP door definitely had the door bug and that was cleared by a crash. Three others might have but it was obscured by furniture. The three others were definitely due to props. Door failure only showed up after doorblocking similarly to the difficulties being experienced on the main part of the map.

3). a cop could not get a crim to go to jail; kept getting the "[Blue RP] Press <USE> again to send Alan to Jail" but player stayed. So he uncuffed with a stick hit. Greaser jailed others successfully; he is concerned that spamming the 'jail' might be 'bad' when the full cop system is in.
    4). gold vip can't claim their doors [it worked for me in test server, not in game server though]
    Cheesy has fixed this.

• 5). players go full speed in jail
    6). admin lock also prevents kickdoor (reason why i'm not using it in this map currently)
    7). some are seeing for sale menus on already purchased doors. (when pressing r)
    8). sm_straight broken
    this got fixed
    9). some previously with cop access lost cop access
    10). Police doors breaking.. sm_takedoorall is removed. Proper way to fix them now??
    11). plants can still be rapidly stolen (allowing for exploits) EDIT.. unsure if players are getting crime from prematurely stealing plants
    sniper santa misslelauncher

The post was edited 1 time, last by 420alex ().

• 12). as cop I destroyed printers and plants - money went to cash. That doesn't sound right.
    13). need delay timer for switch to cop [avoiding combat]
    14). VIPs not being vip. BlackDiamonds was only just sorted out at Linesse. Now he can't /vip
    15). Another door bug - a white front door on apt in one of the three blocks near pond - jammed up.
    16). Another door bug - a door in cheapies near KFC can sometimes be opened when locked.
    17).
    I just tried /resetvipdoor and /deletevipdoor and the door still acts as a vip door.

[003] sm_deletevipdoor - Deletes a VIP door. Any owner or keyholders will be removed.
    [004] sm_resetvipdoor - Removes any owners or claimers of the VIP door without removing it from the database.
    [005]
    sm_unclaimvip - Unclaims a VIP door that you previously claimed. You
    must be a VIP to use this command, and the door you are unclaiming must
    be claimed by you.
    [006] sm_vip - [BlueRP] If you are a VIP, this command employs you to your VIP job.
    [007] sm_vipcheck - [BlueRP] Instantly checks for new VIP donations

18). Dud printers are back.
    19). Koolaid seems to have had plants go missing and can't plant days later

20,21 see alex below

22). players want to be able to collect money from printers that they steal - see item #31).
    23). /vipcheck somehow makes a certain player shout. [ask Alex]
    24). no one tells me anything
    25). loot crate antlion didn't spawn [they said was crate, not a
    separate lion] The cratelion just now spawned OK though.

26). Asshole job needs to be made sticky again. They just switch out of it. BobV made it persistent.

27). Bloody VIP system. That fucking name on all the doors crap from Linesse is now here too.

Admin-Given Door Access:
    Fellow (STEAM_0:0:33108634) Last Login: Mar/23/2016
    (DH) (STEAM_0:0:3585575) Last Login: Mar/24/2016
    CheesyBread (STEAM_0:1:26645444) Last Login: Mar/23/2016

and it wrecked DH's door names; front went, inner still ok. He wouldn't be able to take locks.

inner
    [Blue RP] Showing information for door #780:
    Door Owner:

front
    [Blue RP] Online Owner(s) of door #810:
    [Blue RP] (DH)
    [Blue RP] Showing information for door #810:
    Admin-Given Door Access:
    Fellow (STEAM_0:0:33108634) Last Login: Mar/23/2016
    CheesyBread (STEAM_0:1:26645444) Last Login: Mar/23/2016

28). Tralala reports he jailed a guy who then managed to do /plant in the cells. We tested it - it happens
    29). Antlion reports that "ok now i see everyone is able to type /models and use the model list?"
    30). Antlion reports "I was testing the cop afk feature, it seems i did not get any money into
    cash the entire time i was afk, i did not get any in bank either,"
    31). Volar says "A new bug I've heard of Twice today but yet to test is players picking up other players Printers and not getting Cash from it." see item #22). above and post 47 below.
    32). I was a Hitman and killed a player with 263000 crime. He said it was $17k bounty. I only got $17k+(his cash) into my cash. My bank did not change. /job says I should get double.
    33). Mention of joining download errors by Sabin.34). "Missing Map" error reported by two players.
    35). Basic admins need takedoor to assist with propping.
    36). The score/hours column needs to display correctly sooner.
    37). Inventory problems Disappearing Inventory Items
    38). error in command description. sm_takedoorall See post 52 below.
    39). rebel can go cop from jail
    40). have been cases of doors acting as if E pressed twice. have been cases of printer going straight to inventory without money collected [another one reported today in Bugs].
  • Red means bug will be looked into in further detail.
    White means the bug is known and a fix is on the way.
    Green means already resolved, intentional behavior, or not a bug.
    This means a response is requested.

1-5) Will look into that
    6) Wasn't sure if I should make kickdoor not open admin locked doors or not, so I went with the most restrictive method before seeing if I should enable kickdoor on admin locked doors.
    7) Bug that I didn't have time to get to yet with R menus showing "buydoor"

8) How? All that command does is set the angles of a prop to 0 0 0, and it worked before last update. I literally didn't make any changes to that command.
    9) DB whoopsie I made. I recovered the jobs from the backup table, but there were 15 players online when I did, so if any of those specific 15 people lost their cop then they are the only ones who won't be affected due to the plugin overwriting their job when saving their data.
    10) Replaced sm_takedoorall with sm_resetdoor. Also they weren't breaking on Linesse, so why are they breaking on here. WTF is wrong with this map? Like most of these errors are only being encountered on this map. I almost wonder if it might have something to do with the map's lock, or if maybe this is due to the map being set up on another server.
    11) Plants CAN be rapidly stolen. I designed it so you can steal someone's plant before it reaches maturity, but you gain no crime and no drugs out of it. It's like that so people can still destroy other people's plants while patching that exploit.

12) Must have forgotten about those two things with it going to cash instead of bank. At the same time though, I may have chosen to do it that way to prevent a possible exploit. I should probably change it though.
    13) Will add a delay timer for switching between jobs

14) Is that still happening? Thing is, there may have been an issue with queries going on that prevented that. Given that the tables were corrected (though the vip checking needs to be checked), I think it should work now.
    15 and 16) Map related. Has nothing to do with the plugin.
    17) Will have to do some testing and see what's going on.
    18) Like Miley Cyrus, they refuse to die for some reason, even though tracking of printer ents is spot on at this point, Source Engine's useless code seems to be... well... useless.
  • CheesyBread wrote:

8) How? All that command does is set the angles of a prop to 0 0 0, and it worked before last update. I literally didn't make any changes to that command.
    It seems to not even do anything anymore.. it still registers as the /straight command but gives no output and doesnt snap prop into place.

Could break under certain conditions possibly?

CheesyBread wrote:

10) Replaced sm_takedoorall with sm_resetdoor. Also they weren't breaking on Linesse, so why are they breaking on here. WTF is wrong with this map? Like most of these errors are only being encountered on this map. I almost wonder if it might have something to do with the map's lock, or if maybe this is due to the map being set up on another server.
    The doors DID break though.. at least on the old mod.
    The way of fixing them (on that one ofc) was /takedoorall and cop suicide.

They are breaking in a very similar way. Could be map bugup..
    theres nothing to really point at what it could be at this point.
    sniper santa misslelauncher
  • re 8). I use the command and nothing happens anymore. Just tried it again. /straight?

re 10). lots of doors were breaking on Freeman and then on Linesse

re 14). some Legacy VIP still have VIP ie >1year. Some don't and still want it. I know you said you have a system now to control the subscription period. Syle had to manually add two new VIP today.

re 15, 16). this thread is all bugs, map included.
  • I have redone the VIP building and taken away all the experiments.
    Some VIPs have claimed, others have reserved.

Some of the broken doors worked after the last crash - some broke again, some stayed broken
    Currently there are 7 doors that can not be operated/unlocked/whatever.
  • i just noticed cops keep getting money for jailed players even if they relese them somebody need to test it tho
    You wanna disrespect me, you little fuckin&#039; punk?<br />Everything I&#039;ve done to be who I am? As far as I&#039;ve fuckin&#039; come?<br />I&#039;ll slap you so fuckin&#039; hard, It&#039;ll feel like you kissed a freight train.<br />Fuck you!
  • "19). Koolaid seems to have had plants go missing and can't plant hours later"

Kool can only plant two plants.

There has been a server crash since it happened and he still has only two plants.

Can you do something to get his THREE back?
  • When the detonateprinter command was introduced I remember that it was said plants don't need anything similar because they die.
    How is a withering / dieing plant not doing the same thing? The plant dies, but the pot should remain. Thus it should be the same situation as a 'partial plant' that Alex mentions.
    Flaw in the logic somewhere.

[BTW - I don't WANT the pot to remain; just saying.]
  • "21) npcs/printers double up on plugin restart"

define restart.

I would like to know the accepted and recommended methods [eventually].
    Currently I have only unloaded/loaded a single module a few times, AND done the individual unload of each module then the core, then reload again.

On one occasion cheesy said to try an all encompassing command but he wasn't sure if he told me the right one [and it wasn't].

I suppose the double-ups eg npcs would be the same effect as the coins we can't "take".
    There isn't a cleanup.

I haven't been game to try the map selection yet. It hung the plugin each time in the last map.
  • VIP doors.
    I think that they now all work.

I now think that only ONE door was really stuffed up - and that came good after the first server reset.

There are so many silly things to mention here.
    A smiley I put on the floor to indicate way to Bank/shop was sooo close to blocking Alex's door I think that it might have been. But, that smiley has been moved around too - and not by me or Alex.
    Sometimes the furniture I placed in a room to indicate that it was reserved caused a doorblock that wasn't immediately obvious.
    There were several doors that came good after the reset but there are reasons to make me believe that due to the testing method, it was actually proximity to props still. [As above though, there was at least one door that was bad and came good - in the same way that since the end of Freeman theer has been a doorbug circulating around the map]

I'll try to close off all the other mumblings I made elsewhere re these doors.
  • Koala wrote:

"21) npcs/printers double up on plugin restart"

define restart.

I would like to know the accepted and recommended methods [eventually].
    Currently I have only unloaded/loaded a single module a few times, AND done the individual unload of each module then the core, then reload again.

On one occasion cheesy said to try an all encompassing command but he wasn't sure if he told me the right one [and it wasn't].

I suppose the double-ups eg npcs would be the same effect as the coins we can't "take".
    There isn't a cleanup.

I haven't been game to try the map selection yet. It hung the plugin each time in the last map.
    When restarting the plugin, it isn't necessarily performing proper cleanup for some reason. While I do keep careful track of all of the entities my plugin spawns, at the same time Source Engine sometimes decides it just doesn't want to treat a valid entity as valid. I feel like there might almost be a bug somewhere in there with sourcemod.
  • Howler showed me that no need to push buttons on VIP access#1 at pond. Anyone just TP. No green thing visible [like it was when green box stuck ON ] .

I put tub over it.

Alex: I took your name off the garages because NumbNuts thought it was a case of palyer owning and Naming it with a For Sale. As I had recently made him change his DoorName and stopped another player setting out to have a "secret" house by that method I wanted to be seen to be consistent.
  • the sequence numbers went yuck - doubledup 20, 21. I edited mine to 22,23 and add them here too for easier noticing.

22). players want to be able to collect money from printers that they steal
    23). /vipcheck somehow makes a certain player shout. [ask Alex]