VIP rdm

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Cheesy said about the rate: Bob already mentioned that another RP server uses a rate, and Bob thought it worked well.
      BUT why focus on VIP? It is NOT the fact that the rampagers are VIP - it is the fact that they like doing it. Refer the guy who asked for VIP aspects to be removed so that he could continue playing HIS WAY without all the useless argument. I don't like that style of gameplay, but it is one way of doing it.
      If you are going to look at RATE, why not start talking about over-trolling or just over-DM-in-RP and limit everyone?

I still feel that I have to remind Volar [and others] that the situation has been around for years.
      I say that VIP is not the factor. OK, people can be jealous of the 'free' weapons - but they have been reduced over time too.

The player does not have to expend on expensive weapons - if he continually loses a fight then it is irrelevant that the VIP gets weaps for free.
      The defending player needs to change his strategy. I used to do so when I started playing. I had to pick my playing time, and carefully choose the timing of bank runs. I rarely bought weapons - and they were a LOT cheaper then. I can't fight so weapons are near useless.
      It falls in the arena of locks and their use/uselessness - strategies are important.

There are several factions among the players and it is possible that a single RP code won't satisfy all the gameplay styles.
    • Well here is the code idea:

Record average kills per minute. If the average kills per minute goes above 2, then place the player into "RDM" mode. In RDM mode. In RDM mode, you cannot damage any players unless they attack first.

The same system would work with new players. If you attack a new player, they take no damage unless they already fired on you first.

Also a long time ago the new player rules went to 10 hours. I don't remember when or why it got changed to 5 hours.
    • CheesyBread wrote:

Well here is the code idea:

Record average kills per minute. If the average kills per minute goes above 2, then place the player into "RDM" mode. In RDM mode. In RDM mode, you cannot damage any players unless they attack first.

The same system would work with new players. If you attack a new player, they take no damage unless they already fired on you first.

Also a long time ago the new player rules went to 10 hours. I don't remember when or why it got changed to 5 hours.
      Its end of an permded 10k pece era then
    • CheesyBread wrote:

please yes we are Roll play server not Deadmach server lot of people in here prefer to just make money not to kill everybody they see
      You wanna disrespect me, you little fuckin&#039; punk?<br />Everything I&#039;ve done to be who I am? As far as I&#039;ve fuckin&#039; come?<br />I&#039;ll slap you so fuckin&#039; hard, It&#039;ll feel like you kissed a freight train.<br />Fuck you!
    • "Also a long time ago the new player rules went to 10 hours. I don't remember when or why it got changed to 5 hours." And there were starter packs.

And the food and weapons prices went mad too.

I have been awaiting the "Yay! No Bugs" day so that Cheesy can concentrate on homogenous gameplay.
    • Koala wrote:

"Also a long time ago the new player rules went to 10 hours. I don't remember when or why it got changed to 5 hours." And there were starter packs.

And the food and weapons prices went mad too.

I have been awaiting the "Yay! No Bugs" day so that Cheesy can concentrate on homogenous gameplay.
      there are some bugs you must ignore fore sake of developmental gameplay
    • Tralalakk wrote:

CheesyBread wrote:

please yes we are Roll play server not Deadmach server lot of people in here prefer to just make money not to kill everybody they see
      1). What if there is more than two people in a house you break into.
      2). This destroys gang wars
      3). Killing for money is a thing
      4). This is a LITE rp server, we're basically playing gta online.
      5). What if someone keeps attacking you? Then you're kind of screwed if you shoot him first.
      6). Head shots are a thing.
    • I should have posted this bit of info back at the start, so just for the record :-

"http://www.sylesrp.com/forum/index.php/topic,5022.msg40453.html#msg40453
      4Sept2014 Kevin Yock
      •Do not random deathmatch (RDM) excessively as VIP unless having a reason to do so "

When did it become zero RDM?

This further illustrates my point that -Reasons- for a rule should be recorded along with the rule.
      Also, - sloppy wording is troublesome in rules. eg. "excessively" isn't quantified and is subjective.
      eg. "reason" doesn't even say "valid reason" let alone give examples. I remember a player saying "because I felt like it" as his reason.