VIP rdm

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I'd personally consider switching jobs after going VIP and killing someone to still be a VIP Kill. As for the definition I can't be the one to speak for that but my own opinion would be Going VIP to kill another player in order to get an advantage. I'm not referring to people that go VIP then switch to another job and proceed to go do that job then like 10-15+ minutes later get shot at and kill the other player. I'd say it'd have to be excessive and deliberate such as -

Player A Joins Server goes VIP then swaps jobs.
      Player B then kills Player A on a run to do his job.
      Player A then swaps VIP and kills Player B for revenge.
      Player B then kills Player A again.
      Player A now switches to VIP every time he dies and pursues Player B.

- In the above scenario I'd say Player A is abusing VIP.

Another Example I'd say would be Player Z joining in game only to see another Player or Players that he doesn't like. Player Z happens to have VIP access and swaps VIP then proceeds to constantly assault the Players he doesn't like.

• eldrun wrote:

RDM is random deathmatch

There's nothing random about revenge killing... or for money when player A is going to do his job.
      Skipped the VIP part completely and ignored the example basically. - Revenge killing in the above example was fine, the being killed again and raging then constantly VIPing for health and weapons to mess up the guy that just took all your shit constantly is the No Go Zone. assaultrifle rocketlauncher

• I don't see a prob with the VIP benefits. The problem is the fact that there is a Rule that can't be easily interpreted by everyone.

When BobV and I were updating the MOTD and attempting to modify the Wiki [the ones from a year ago] we tried to have concise rules on the Rule page and explanations (and Reasons) somewhere else.
      It is very important to record the reason for the rule existing - it isn't always obvious.

I would like to see a simple rule stated and enough simply written scenarios available.
      {And that applies to all the rules that can't be coded-in.}

With Bob seemingly out of the loop I have no idea who is maintaining and developing the MOTD/Wiki.
    • Well, it is the health/suit that the lesser capable guys complain about.

I think that the weapons removal doesn't actually alter it much - only alters the amount being spent on weapons and that is a great attraction for people to donate.
      I don't mind anyone doing the RDM thing actually; just have to suck it up. I remember when I was new to this and Haxy would come in for a shortish time and mop everybody up and leave. There are a few others who do the same thing. It is BAD when such people [and anyone else] focus on one or two 'attractive' targets and get to the point of over-trolling.

I wonder if the no-rdm-as-vip rule was started up as a result of quite competent fighters who also happened to be VIP?
      And it is also a case of the tension between the haves and the havenots. Just like real life. Suck it up OR donate.

The noob-protector [as well as the Rule about under-5s] should take care of the players getting established. It used to be 10 hours and they used to get a Starter-pack too though. So things have got worse for a new guy.

So, I agree with Notorious and would still go one step further ; keep the guns and Remove the ' No-RDM as VIP ' rule.

I still resist the idea of the gameplay becoming VERY DM though. There are servers dedicated to that.
    • no one used to complain when vip spawned with 250 HP and 200 suit.

It just kept getting needed because in the recent years people don't gang up any more to take on the donators.

Honestly 150 HP and spawning with weapons isn't a problem at all because they can't make money. It takes a headshot. Not that big of a deal and I don't know why people make it one...
    • yeah, that's why I wondered if the rule came in when some really competent players were VIP.
      ie it was the player and not the VIP aspect that resulted in the rule.

Let's chuck the rule. [it is quite hard to police it too, it is very subjective. Like Eld said earlier iirc, it's not random if there is a genuine chance the guy drops real money etc.]

In my experience it is just the loser squealing. I heard some say, [and did I see it in a post?], that they are sick of VIPs rampaging and doing whatever they want. Some very competent non-vip guys rampage too. Let's not get the root cause of the dis-satisfaction confused here.

Syle? Can we chuck this annoying rule?
    • eldrun wrote:

no one used to complain when vip spawned with 250 HP and 200 suit.

It just kept getting needed because in the recent years people don't gang up any more to take on the donators.

Honestly 150 HP and spawning with weapons isn't a problem at all because they can't make money. It takes a headshot. Not that big of a deal and I don't know why people make it one...
      Wasnt it 275hp and 50 suit, and yeah they only got mocked for pay2winning
    • Koala wrote:

....clip.....Let's chuck the rule. [it is quite hard to police it too, it is very subjective. Like Eld said earlier iirc, it's not random if there is a genuine chance the guy drops real money etc.]

In my experience it is just the loser squealing. I heard some say, [and did I see it in a post?], that they are sick of VIPs rampaging and doing whatever they want. Some very competent non-vip guys rampage too. Let's not get the root cause of the dis-satisfaction confused here.

Syle? Can we chuck this annoying rule?
      OK.... Syle approved of the rule removal and took it from MOTD just now.

"Koala-Kly: You going to let us get rid of that No RDM as VIP rule?
      Who will survive in America?: yea" Wed April 6 2016 Oz Time.
    • Like they have been saying though, in the past the VIPs really had a big advantage in hp/suit and weapons. It is minimal now.
      The VIP rdm rule made more arguments and time waste than it helped anyone.

Those guys who breeze in, kill everyone and leave, can do it even if they aren't VIP so it is not VIP that is the factor.
    • Thats very true and I understand fully.

My one and only concern is New Players, even if we get the Noob Protection back up and running and have a custom skin for them to be easily seen that all stops at the 5 hour mark(6 score mark to be safe).
      How much Cash do you think a chicken running around with it's head cut off can make in 5 hours? Quite quickly they will run out of cash trying to buy weapons to kill the person that keeps killing them while said person is VIP and getting them free.
      Now I know we can state well they should have made better decisions or they could also Donate and then do the same thing but realistically people are driven by emotions and if they get pissed off they are going to either make bad choices with the cash they have to attack the VIP RDMer OR they just leave the Server and go play HL2DM on a regular DM map. More than often we see them just leave.

Steering off Topic of VIP RDM but sticking to New Players and the Under 5 Hours thing. With this Rule now being removed I honestly feel we should raise the Noob Protection Timer to 7-10 hours. 5 Hours without proper Guidance won't amount to much and since there is no longer a New Player Care Package unless someone gives them start off Cash they have to spend their first hour-ish doing Sanitation and Robbing before being able to try Drug Growing or Counterfeiter.