Civil Protection Aplication

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Civil Protection Aplication

Civil Protection Aplication.

Mar 22 2016
    --Basic info--

In-Game name:(DH)
    SteamID: STEAM_0:0:3585575
    Time played:65 hours. I had a lot more hours on the old maps like free man city and more

--Questions--

Do you have a mic?: yes

Why are you applying for Civil Protection?:I like to try cop becasue ive never had cop status.

What are the basic rules as Civil Protection?:No RDming or killing when player aint attacking you

What is the function the Civil Protection?: Jail people and grow cop status

If a player were to be rdming you what do you do?: first ask him why hes RDMing, second ask him nice to stop it. 3- Report it on the forums. 4- DM him and make him quit it.

How much time can you dedicate to the server(Include time zone): 2 to 4h a day, Timezone Brussels Paris

How will you benefit the server?: Im good and fast cop, and really good in DM

Is this your first time as Civil Protection?: YES

A new player has joined the servers and no admins are on, how will you help this player?: Tell him to get job and make money as normal player, and try to explain him the game in total.

Anything else you would like to add?: im good and fast cop and i have over 5 years over experience of rp servers!

--End Application--
  • So right off the bat, here's what I notice:

Dragonheart wrote:

What are the basic rules as Civil Protection?:No RDming or killing when player aint attacking you

Dragonheart wrote:

If a player were to be rdming you what do you do?: first ask him why hes RDMing, second ask him nice to stop it. 3- Report it on the forums. 4- DM him and make him quit it.

These two statements contradict each other and cop rules. If you were to start dming someone (even if they were being a server nuisance) that would most likely result in the crash of your cop career.

The PROPER way for a cop to deal with criminals is to VIP jail if it's excessive AND theres no admins online.

If there are admins online actively watching, leave it to them to make the judgement calls.
    (better for your career that way)
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________

Some answers don't have enough detail or show enough knowledge of cop rules.

I say re-apply after re-evaluating them and making sure you're 100% knowledgable
    (esepcially on the dm aspect)

-1 for now with room for improvement
    sniper santa misslelauncher
  • I dont think you understand me, I NEVER will attack a player first as cop. I know you cant do that. But when a player whants to DM oke bring it on. And soon wil know when to stop the RDM. Believe me, there maby is a little language barrier here, but I do understand everything in the cop ruels

Thanks
  • Given that there IS a language barrier, I'll at least change my vote to a:
    NEUTRAL
    They seem to know the basic cop rules, We just couldn't have you dming rebels as cop.
    (it looks bad in general when people run others off the server too.. even if they're nuisance or rulebreakers)

I say that if this were to get accepted, don't try to put yourself in a position of rule enforcing (at least outside verbal warnings) unless it's really excessive and noone is around to handle it.

I'd like more opinions on (DH)..
    but I'm okay with at least giving the guy a try.
    sniper santa misslelauncher
  • I interpreted his statement to mean that if a player kept attacking him as cop he would just give as good as he got (or better). I didn't think he meant he would initiate revenge attacks {edit: against rebels}, but agree that the language wasn't explicit and I would also have asked for a clarification.
  • I see what he was talking about.

> player is RDMing you
    > start killing that player

Revenge kills in that case are fine. Depending on the situation and context it can sometimes be ok for the cop to start shooting the player first until asked to stop (I've been in some duels like that with cops before). And sometimes some pos needs to be put in their place lol.
  • Wow nice on Koala. Itd really sad to see how admin favoritism still owns this server. this topic is dead for almost a weak. And just now when I had a dipute with your friend admin WestSmoke. You suddenly dont support my cop app?? coincidence? hehe I dont think so, Sorry no hard feelings, but this is so tranparent, even a blind man can see true this.

And for the record of me killing a admin when dooring admin work? GIVE THE ADMIN A SPECIAL PLAYER SKIN FOR THAT. Killing players under 5h, Same, give them newbie skins.
  • Dragonheart wrote:

Wow nice on Koala. Itd really sad to see how admin favoritism still owns this server. this topic is dead for almost a weak. And just now when I had a dipute with your friend admin WestSmoke. You suddenly dont support my cop app?? coincidence? hehe I dont think so, Sorry no hard feelings, but this is so tranparent, even a blind man can see true this.

And for the record of me killing a admin when dooring admin work? GIVE THE ADMIN A SPECIAL PLAYER SKIN FOR THAT. Killing players under 5h, Same, give them newbie skins.
    He replied to this : 11 hours ago

You reported WestSmoke like 1 Hour ago

Doesn't make sense doofy
  • Dragonheart wrote:

No pressure here, but is it possible for admins to accept ore denie this cop app? please?
    and then ....

"You suddenly dont support my cop app?? coincidence? hehe I dont think so, Sorry no hard feelings, but this is so tranparent, even a blind man can see true this."

- I feel that this IS pressure , and also hard feelings. Then he accuses a root admin of unsportsmanlike conduct ? I don't think this player has the grace or maturity to wear the badge.

The post was edited 1 time, last by HAND OF DOOM ().

• 1). Hmmm... I would go back and check Post 5 in this thread - I supported you by helping to dispel what seemed to be a misunderstanding. Cheesy followed with similar too.

2). Did you do what Alex asked in post numbers 2 and 4? Modify the application.

3). I have been cautious with you after experiencing some 'mis-information' [I won't say LIES at this stage] when I compensated you for some trolling back on Linesse a year ago?

4). "admin favoritism still owns this server" Well I bet the admins concerned have had good reasons for their actions and I bet you are just miffed that some decisions were not in your favour.
    Let's have some examples of favouritism quoted. I suggest that my assistance to you at Linesse would be regarded as "favouritism" by most other players too. [I did ask you ingame the other day if you remembered that instance, and t seems you do. I was just checking that you are the same player without having to look up the steam IDs.] Accusing admins is just going to get you more black marks.

5). What was that you said ingame about admins not giving any warning for misdeeds that resulted in kicks? You argued about it even when it was explained that 1). a kick IS a warning 2). repeat offenders DO NOT deserve more warnings. You get grumpy when you aren't getting your own way.

6). Skins for admin and Noob. err, you do know that Cheesy has answered this with WIP comments more than once? In the mean time the old intents and rules pertain to these situations. Cheesy is writing a NEW plugin. It is still a LIVE Beta. It behoves the players to be extra careful. I find it strange that the majority of players find it easy enough to monitor the situation when a couple of you say it is sooo hard.

7). "this topic is for almost a weak." Usually [not always] a delay is for a reason. There are discussions out-of-forum that do occur too. Remember the Whimzy as cop situation? He had been caught exploiting at Linesse. We collectively left the app up for a while and gathered more info. It appeared that it would be OK to approve it [I made a mistake and advanced the approval because Whimzy did ask about the delay]. I spoke with him at length (an interview, if you like) and he assured me that those days were over. I copped him after a quick mention of it to Alex. THEN we got some feedback from Cheesy's system - the guy had been exploiting again. To make it worse he was actually checking for the presence of admins before and during the exploit. I took his bank twice, his house, some items, made his job asshole etc. He didn't get a perm ban for several reasons. One was his good nature within the game, and another was his assistance in debugging certain things. There is usually a reason behind admin actions - also this is one that you might scream 'favouritism ' about because you don't know the whole story. Yours is delayed for a reason.

We kept you waiting because none of us were at all convinced that you should be cop.
    You had only ONE admin willing to post: Alex commented on several aspects and suggested that you change some stuff. He gave you -1. Then because of help from two admins he changed it to Neutral.

My post and Cheesy's post pointed out alternative interpretations of your statements. Neither of us were tempted to support the application even though we were helping you. It was too early - we obviously wanted more from you.
    Have you wondered why none of the other admins bothered to even comment when you first applied? I have.

BOTTOM LINE: I am not going to DENY this app right now - show us some improvement.
  • Improvement? oke, Heres one, I'm one of the few non admin players who NEVER changed my Identity. In order to mask who I really be. like some players may do to come back even afther a permban. Second? I dont really know what I can do to prove myslef more. Please, please explain me. Only that its starting to get reridiculous.This is just a game. Its the 3de time I do this app. and yes the first app I ever made was from 2 years ago. The admin says back then : your to new. ore some outher excuse. Oke fine, I dint argue. But If now I see players, new player getting cop like nothing.

you say you helpt and compensated me last year because some cheater players where bulling me? Incorrect. Not true. You ind gave me 300K, but not because of I was picked on bij cheaters like Mech, Haxy, Jorune, AKP. you gave me money because I really lost some because of some game bug, ore crash. I dont know what happend, im not a admin. You ind say that ind something in game malfunctiont. Sorry for the Language and typing.

Maybe some tip for admin. not a bad thing:( Stop changing your nicknames. So there is no mis understanding of who is who.
  • i only had bad experience with him constaint rdm non vips disrespectfull towards everybody ect. for now im going to go with No sorry you need more tiem to prove yourself to me at least
    You wanna disrespect me, you little fuckin&#039; punk?<br />Everything I&#039;ve done to be who I am? As far as I&#039;ve fuckin&#039; come?<br />I&#039;ll slap you so fuckin&#039; hard, It&#039;ll feel like you kissed a freight train.<br />Fuck you!
  • My point was this - you would not have got the reimbursement from any other admin [I asked the Roots and they did not agree to pay you]. I only gave you the money BECAUSE you seemed to be having a hard time from some players - thus it WAS help because I had empathy for you.
    Later I was given logs that showed that you did not lose the money. What am I to believe?

"because I really lost some because of some game bug,"

All I know is I took your word and the records later showed it didn't happen. So, I am cautious now.
    Once bitten, twice shy. I still go out of my way to help you - eg the VIP door. It was 0500 here and I was being asked to go solve a possum problem but made sure I did your door while you were still available even though it inconvenienced me in RL.

I am going to wait for more admin support/comments for you before reconsidering the application.