Remove "skill" cuffs

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Remove "skill" cuffs

Remove "skill" Cuffs 18

The result is only visible to the participants.

HI Community,

I want to suggest to remove skill cuffs, thats no RP thats BS and absolutely unreal like cuffing me with a grenade or stuff lol banned banned banned

Anyone else got input for this?

Comment. assaultrifle
  • I will BAN anybody who wants to remove skill cuffs.

Cheesy re-added skill cuffs for the Fun Value. It used to be there, it is Nostalgia, it is FUN. It is WAY better than Tasers and Non-Lethal Ammo.
    This RP is not Real Life RP. Go out on the street for that.

So - Vote YES and enjoy a Holiday you pests.
  • on reflection maybe there is a better way for me to phrase this -

If skill cuffs go so do defensive props.
    Sidezz was on the verge of this. As a guy commented "so it is going to just be DM with pretty houses" !!]

So be careful what you wish for.

[Background: we dropped propping rules (and BobV was really disappointed), but it is temporary. See the Clean Slate thread. The new plugin and bugs are slowing down the decision making. The jobs need to be working so that we get serious cop feedback on defensive props. The resize command has further tipped it all on its head.]
  • Skill Cuffs are needed especially with all this Defensive Bullshit in Houses at the moment.
    With the added value of Resizes people are now able to hide an entire room behind a 1 way see through prop. I'm honestly surprised the people I've seen with this shit are going all out the way they are with Defensive props. I plan to make a small house with only 1 fence and nothing else that involves movement impeding or crouch tunnel bullshit. As long as you aren't AFK in the house and a decent shot basically no one should be able to get to the back alive.

• Skillcuffs are perfect given how players are decorating shit.

For a while we went as far as to ban all crouch tunnels because they were too op for any cop to make it through, especially considering they had to kickdoor every time.

With skillcuffs, it balances it out. We can allow players to make these complex prop systems for cops to get around because the skillcuffs are op enough to make it around the op prop mazes. Right now the only rule we have for prop mazes is that prop mazes which make it so more than one kickdoor is required to get around a single door are illegal. Some players came up with systems where they would keep their door locked and open. The cop would have to kick the door, and then kick the door again to get into the room the players were in. So that's the only thing we don't allow.
  • Weeellll, when Cheesy said "Right now the only rule we have for prop mazes is that prop mazes which make it so more than one kickdoor is required to get around a single door are illegal" I think it is a case of wishful thinking. If I correctly remember the Wipe The Slate Clean thread that Alex started then I think you will find the extra door thing got suspended too. [TF always had a 'thing' about it and gave that bug to Cheesy.]

At the time it was expected that we would all have the opportunity to comment on the then-current mode of gameplay. There hadn't been any crime inside houses [for various reasons]. Then we had multi-account fun and a backlash against that. NOW we have bursts of printer crime. It is worth kickdoor again [but I still query the price]. AND I can't get on those roofs to get inside those balcony entrances - but that doesn't make me want to ban front-door blocking. I'll just live with it. So, please, just live with the cock-walk (is that what TF called it) until the whole picture can be taken into account. The houses in which you CAN generate an extra door should be priced accordingly anyway.
    Apart from that, they are fun. Especially when you know WHO hates them.

I still say that we can't properly set the propping rules separately to considering the game dynamic. And we can't assess the game dynamic balances while the bugs are taking attention away from job development. So, the RP has yet to be designed rather than ad hoc adjustments. [Don't get me started on the Industrial Engineering point of view re continual adjustment versus statistical adjustment.]

When I started out in the server I always said I wouldn't get involved in anything that determines gameplay and the RP design. I should have stuck to that.

@Mike - that a challenge?