We Want Your Opinion

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• We Want Your Opinion

SHOULD COPS BE ABLE TO AFK 15

The result is only visible to the participants.

VOTE AFTER YOU READ
      we want player base opinion (not just 3 admins) of whether cops should be able to afk
      Please post below
      -should cops be allowed to afk?
      -If so what should be implemented.
      As of the admin section it has been stated ...

"My opinion lies in that cops should be able to afk, but only in the pd or on pd property.
      COPS. SHOULD. NOT. BE. ABLE. TO. USE. PERSONAL. KEYS.
      AFKING within a pd office would entertain the idea of cop hunts (knowing that they HAVE to be on property)
      On the other hand, I do see koala's point.
      Maybe to meet halfway, cop goes afk & gets automatic job change to off duty cop (w/o suicide to stay in pd)
      We could possibly also have off duty cops use pd spawns and give them leniency within pd property.. make them appear with blue names or something for other cops that look at them
      THEY WOULD ONLY GET PD DOOR ACCESS SPAWNS AND LENIENCY FROM WITHIN OFF DUTY COP JOB" 420 ALEX

-This is basically saying cops shouldn't be able to afk BUT off duty cops can have keys to freely access pd and afk. This is just so people know that a cop IS on duty.

right now cops can afk, after 5 min wages start going to wallet which can be dropped.

Please post your opinion in this controlled section of public opinion. Please respond to the poll. Votes can be changed if someone persuades you differently in this post. Again new ideas not present in the poll are welcome, we are looking for them:)

sorry about format the poll screwed it just start at the top lol.

Thanks BPN.

The post was edited 1 time, last by BPN17 ().

• Police Job is ment to be an active job. If you want to be AFK go Rebel.

I know a few guys want to form their "own" Roleplay because this is NOT Real Life Roleplay or is ment to be ( "nostalgia skill cuffs") so my thoughts may be stupid :)

Also to mention;

Cops have a Banker directly in front of the PD
      Cops can heal themself as much as they like so they can stay in PD all day long
      Cops spawn with weapons and will kill you right after they killed you just because they can ( and get their dropped money back)
      They can hide behind a lot of Police doors ( remember 60 seconds Doorhack Cooldown )
      They can cuff you and put you in jail ( door hacking all these doors and killing one-two cops would be enough)
      Cops have A LOT more live than you when they spawn, enjoy getting out of there
      Cops can shoot you ANYTIME you enter the PD so if there is an active cop that see you, you are dead.

So my conclusion is: no AFK for cops.

We wanted to go away from gaining Mone AFK - don't bring it back...

But if the player base decide to like AFK cops I will be the first taking advantage of all these above :)
    • we could totally change the concept of off-duty cop though.

imagine seeing a criminal, and pulling out a stunstick you had purchased in your inventory - being able to do offduty or undercover arrest. No money would go to bank in this case - all would land to cash. I feel this could completely change the dynamic of cop rp

(and for those using the banker arguement, I can just remove the friggin banker and blame you when everyones pissed about one less banker :-p We're just trying to have fun.

Make tasks for both on-duty and off-duty cops to do when crimes low
      (or give off duty cops lucrative activities to do, as well as the ability to watch crime for when to go on duty)

Theres a whole bunch of variations we could do, I'd just like to see something different
      sniper santa misslelauncher
    • Well i say it again ^^ Im a Oldschool Cop . I was 4 years ago Cop too and at this time no one likes Afk cops , like now on this Map .
      I dont like this , No afk for Cops .
      i can understand if they for well 10-15 maybe 20 min afk to go on the touilet os do fast some stuff , but full Afk no !!!

No AFK for COPS :thumbup:
    • yeah i like the idea of off duty cop its real thing. But i also think cops should be allowed to have this perk for the shit they have to deal with every fucking day if you are cop you are basicaly walking target practice on this dm server :D and you cant prove that im wrong on this one so thats why i belive cops should be able to afk in pd behind few doors
      You wanna disrespect me, you little fuckin&#039; punk?<br />Everything I&#039;ve done to be who I am? As far as I&#039;ve fuckin&#039; come?<br />I&#039;ll slap you so fuckin&#039; hard, It&#039;ll feel like you kissed a freight train.<br />Fuck you!
    • I want the active forum admins [and others] to go out and discuss it with actual players - hardly any of them will use the forum. Don't ask them a leading question to get your own viewpoint agreed to - get them discussing it.
    • I don't think cops should be able to afk. Sometimes players look toward the online police for guidance on how to play the server. Or sometimes it just makes a lot of unnecessary confusion. Also cops afking makes the rule on the cop rulse that says something like "You can only switch back to rebel if there are two or more cops online." because there can be 5 afk cops at a time. Besides what is the point of afking as a cop if the money starts going to your wallet instead of your bank? You might aswell just switch to rebel. The only reason I can think of afking as a cop would be useful somehow is if they want to hide in the P.D. but even a rebel can just doorhack into the P.D. I am aware that if a cop sees the rebel that the cop will kill the rebel, but life's tough, deal with it. These are my opinions on cops afking.
    • The steam id thing is ridiculous. If you don't trust logging into steam itself why do you even have an account? Steam auth is a steam service designed to integrate the game and the online forum user to be under one account.

"OFF DUTY COPS CAN FREELY ACCESS THE PD TO AFK, BUT NO AFK ON DUTY (5)"

This is the best option because you can still break into the pd and kill them, its fair.
    • The last guy to refuse to use the steamid thing misinterpreted the "not affiliated" message to mean that the Forum is doubtful.

That other comment I saw about the captcha - I couldn't make it work either. Like Thunders told me - it proves I am not a human.
    • This thread is useless lol because players now automatically switch to "Off Duty Cop" if they are detected as being AFK.

What's also cool is it switches their jobs AND team without killing them XD
      I didn't even know you could switch a player's team without them being dead! Turns out you can actually tell the server "He's dead" without actually killing the player. Then just switch their team, and then tell the server "oh yeah he's alive". I might spruce up the /switch and /vip commands. Then again I kind of like the current code structure of those commands. Lord knows I'll fuck something up if I do change the way they work.
    • "This thread is useless lol because players now automatically switch to "Off Duty Cop" if they are detected as being AFK."

...so presumably they don't show as cop in TAB?

...that only leaves discussion about the OP protection they get from a serious number of cop doors.?
    • Not if they are a country cop :)

Don't forget, Cheesy is wanting to develop a balanced integration of ALL the jobs and THEN it WILL all work out OK.
      In the early stages I just objected to certain things being done piecemeal and the effect that has on game dynamics and player retention. To further flog a dead horse - that is also why killing under 5s is a heinous crime- player retention. Same with overtrolling.
    • the off duty cop is not getting any money i just test it you should look into it. i did not get any cash and my bank was still the same i was waiting for 10 minutes to test it so yeah GG tf :D
      You wanna disrespect me, you little fuckin&#039; punk?<br />Everything I&#039;ve done to be who I am? As far as I&#039;ve fuckin&#039; come?<br />I&#039;ll slap you so fuckin&#039; hard, It&#039;ll feel like you kissed a freight train.<br />Fuck you!
    • syle22 wrote:

The steam id thing is ridiculous. If you don't trust logging into steam itself why do you even have an account? Steam auth is a steam service designed to integrate the game and the online forum user to be under one account.

This is the best option because you can still break into the pd and kill them, its fair.

so, this is going to be put into the motd? under cop_rules.php since off duty is also cop.

will off duty have keys to pd?
    • there is definetly something wrong with the afk system i was afk as rebel the sanitation job and i did not get any money i was afk for 2 hours