Items Disappearing and Doubling.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Yeah. The plugin shows plugin uptime. If you restart the plugin then it's "uptime" goes back to zero.

You would have to save the plugin's uptime if you wanted it to continue counting after restarting the plugin. You would also have to save a flag so the plugin would know to reset the uptime counter if the flag was missing (indicating an actual crash rather than a plugin restart).
  • Cave Johnson wrote:

Cave Johnson wrote:

It almost seems as if the SQL server isn't executing a query if the plugin crashes in between sending the query and receiving the response from the MySQL server. Almost like the query is being ignored or undone if the plugin doesn't listen to the response from MySQL because of a crash. Maybe Hooogan could give us some insight into this? Have I looked incorrectly at how MySQL is handled in this manner? Or could this be due to bad database configuration? Anyways, perhaps this could explain the phenomenon that is occurring
    From this article:

Article wrote:

Sending the result back to the client is, of course, subject to the network flow control protocol. If the client is not actively consuming the result (eg. by calling SqlDataReader.Read()) then eventually the flow control will have to block the sending side (the query that is being executed) and this in turn will suspend the execution of the query.

What is going on under the hood of a SQL server is a bit of a black art to me, but in theory if the plugin were to crash while it is waiting for a response then it looks as if the query will not fully execute. I don't think it rolls back though, but could be wrong. Logging is your best bet -- log when a request is being made, what the request is and when it has completed. If someone can report when it happens and what time it happened you should be able to compare the queries being executed at the time of the plugin crash and see which ones didn't make it back and if they could impact the inventory.

Ideally the logging should be controlled so you can on/off it at any time. It'll affect performance so you'll only want to have it on until you have enough logging info, then switch it back off again.

Edit: Although the above is in relation to SQL Server and not MySQL (which is what I believe you're using?) but the principles should be the same.
    :)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Hooogan ().

• hey Guys i was quite 3 times now -_- and now fuck this ... i said some times i lose my revolver right ? then i said it again ... And now again i lose all my revolvers and some weapons more -_-
    first time i lose like 70 ( just revolver) ... ok hurt but fuck it happen i buy new .. then i lose like 60 (again just Revolver) .... fuck i was mad , but still fuck this i buy new .... And now im fucked up .. I lose Again like 60-70 Revolvers some more crossbows and just some Assault Rifle´s .

For what i need 130 Revolver Ammo with No Revolver´s ? ...... fuck
    For what i need 61 Crossbow Ammo if i just have One Crossbow ? what the fuck ...
    For what i need 31 AR Balls if i dont even have the Assault Rifle ? fuck this shit .... its not so that i want my money back or so but im Mad as fuck now
    this Pics now like 15 min old ...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h6brxjzgslec3n4/20160529190746_1.jpg?dl=0

dropbox.com/s/rswz7be2vglwzmw/20160529190751_1.jpg?dl=0
  • WesTSmoKe wrote:

hey Guys i was quite 3 times now -_- and now fuck this ... i said some times i lose my revolver right ? then i said it again ... And now again i lose all my revolvers and some weapons more -_-
    first time i lose like 70 ( just revolver) ... ok hurt but fuck it happen i buy new .. then i lose like 60 (again just Revolver) .... fuck i was mad , but still fuck this i buy new .... And now im fucked up .. I lose Again like 60-70 Revolvers some more crossbows and just some Assault Rifle´s .

For what i need 130 Revolver Ammo with No Revolver´s ? ...... fuck
    For what i need 61 Crossbow Ammo if i just have One Crossbow ? what the fuck ...
    For what i need 31 AR Balls if i dont even have the Assault Rifle ? fuck this shit .... its not so that i want my money back or so but im Mad as fuck now
    this Pics now like 15 min old ...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h6brxjzgslec3n4/20160529190746_1.jpg?dl=0

dropbox.com/s/rswz7be2vglwzmw/20160529190751_1.jpg?dl=0
    This was mentioned again in last nights meeting.
    It's being looked into more.

• Volar wrote:

Yea but i maybe know how this can happen , someone have said it one time . if you give some on just one item , you can lose all of this item after a restart or so . I dont know if this is Rly True but hm
  • WesTSmoKe wrote:

Volar wrote:

Yea but i maybe know how this can happen , someone have said it one time . if you give some on just one item , you can lose all of this item after a restart or so . I dont know if this is Rly True but hm
    I don't think that is the case since I give away shotguns like candy. Also I've never been given a Revolver and I've logged on before to find I suddenly had 102 of them.