printers rip off cash

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• printers rip off cash

Nightmare-Rex

STEAM_0:0:32394809

Description of the bug:
    I had 11k in my printer and was about to collect it and it immediatly added it to my inventory and did not recive the 11k or 11k crime

How to recreate the bug:
    can't purposly recreate it, i guess if did printers over and over

Does the bug cause a server crash?: no
  • Yes I forgot about the printer cap good point. But there's so many bugs popping out of nowhere that I think Alex might be right.

420alex wrote:

Honestly if theres noone capable of bugfixing on the current plugin, I think it's the best route.
    I've started playing with the sourcecode but those are only very minor tweaks and it's mainly been research up to this point.

This plugin is a masterpiece, but shouldnt be used while it cant be added to. At the very least, the old plugin worked & there were workarounds for the aspects that didnt work. I think that's the best route until we can get active work on the server again.
    #HailTheGoldenPoon
  • err, no. There is a theory based on the sheer number of pirates said to have worn them. It is thought that because the patch keeps that eye pupil dilated they could drop into the interior of a badly lit ship, flip the patch up, and immediately have 'night vision' albeit without full distance perception.

To keep us on-topic: it is a pity that we don't have a well-maintained change-log. You would have known, well we all, err no, the few of us, who might have read it would have known about the printer cap. Of course there might be a restricted thread that mentions it.
  • So when did the cap come in then? And what was the reason behind it... was it server/plugin performance related or for game balance?

The only thrill I could see of busting 40 locks off a door would be in the hope of recouping more than what I spent, but if they are capped at 20k then anything over 25 locks is going to be a deterrent.
    :)
  • Hooogan wrote:

So when did the cap come in then? And what was the reason behind it... was it server/plugin performance related or for game balance?

The only thrill I could see of busting 40 locks off a door would be in the hope of recouping more than what I spent, but if they are capped at 20k then anything over 25 locks is going to be a deterrent.
    The Printer was capped for 2 reasons.

The first was balancing it to other jobs while also fixing an economy breaking bug. The bug has been fixed and in the process the printer was also capped to 20,000 about 3 or so days ago.
    The second is to get players out of their house more often to encourage the danger level. That feeling you have when you have money and need to get it to the bank hopefully without dying.

I have been spamming in chat each day while on that it has been Capped at 20,000. However the message flashes across the screen and isn't up for long.

As a side not to the Thrill of breaking into players houses - on the old plugin lock-breaking was seen as a dick move. Basically if you didn't like a person then you'd waste your cash to break their locks. It wasn't something done constantly in the hopes of getting a little bit of cash. It was done with the intent to be a dick and piss off the player whoms been on your nerves.

Locks used to be $1250 each and Lock-Breakers were $1000 each. Current plugin is $1000 for Locks and $800 for Lock-Breakers I believe.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Volar ().

• Volar wrote:

I have been spamming in chat each day while on that it has been Capped at 20,000. However the message flashes across the screen and isn't up for long.
    Ah, cool. I haven't been on in a week or so due to work and whatnot so I would have missed the messages!

Volar wrote:

The second is to get players out of their house more often to encourage the danger level. That feeling you have when you have money and need to get it to the bank hopefully without dying.
    How's that working out so far? Are the streets more populated?
    :)
  • Hooogan wrote:

Volar wrote:

Ah, cool. I haven't been on in a week or so due to work and whatnot so I would have missed the messages!

Volar wrote:

How's that working out so far? Are the streets more populated?
    You do see players with 20k+ crime running around more often than before. Depends really if the Server is busy or dead.

CheesyBread wrote:

Where is the bugfixer? I know Syle has the source code. Has he been unable to do any bugfixes?

I'm out at the moment because of school, and quite frankly I can't develop this stuff forever. I have other projects in mind. Once finals are over I will kickstart bugfixing on the plugin again.

Also whai u cap printerzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Honestly it just sparked up while fixing an economy breaking bug. Since Syle was already fixing that a cap got re-mentioned and next thing we knew we were settling on a cap number. I suggested 20-25k so players would come out more and have to experience more than AFK in a house and put more ink ect in. Someone else said 50k, 20k got chosen.

• NightmareRex wrote:

lockbreakers are aculy 800$ each and not 500$ also what gamebraeking bug were the printers causing? and since my lox keep gettign busted weather 1 or 100 ive been collecting my printer at 11-12k but in past would only let printer go upto like 30k incase raider.
    Ah thanks for the Lock-Breaker correct price. I never play Rebel so was only 100% sure about Locks.

As a short answer it allowed infinite crime and cash, this is no longer possible.

• I think there is a bug - have had one printer do it to me, have had two doors do it to me and have had two other players say on occasion about both printers and doors. We aren't hitting the key twice or bouncing it. The effect is just very intermittent. Not worth chasing, BUT is worth listing.